• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

The team screams for help, even under Sarii. We could have gotten Piatek but opted for an old washed up Higs, who decided that? Surely the Club have the brains to forsee Higs would be eaten up in epl? Ars were horrible today, but thanks to their strikers they win instead of losing.

it is all on the board

I have been banging that drum since I joined, and have laid it out in painstaking detail

if little me knew the bans were coming (as evidenced by a shedload of my posts well before they officially got handed down)

surely they must have known

yet refused to act

especially in January

simply buying Ake (he is not my preferred CB for our lead but it was simple to do with our buyback clause AND is huge upgrade over Zouma, whose sale to Everton would have basically covered the ENTIRE cost) and Piatek (fuck Higs) and then lock down a deal with Lille for buy and loanback for Pepe for the last 6 months,which they (Lille) would have done for £45m to £55m at that time) AND he was practically begging to come here, look at the interviews, 

That would have SO helped us out this season

all that would have only cost us around a net £60-70m or so (and actually less as we could have then sold Bats for £30m or so, so call it £30-40m or so)

ffs

it isnt rocket fucking science here

so pissed off at the utter lack of future-forward football thinking

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it is all on the board

I have been banging that drum since I joined, and have laid it out in painstaking detail

if little me knew the bans were coming (as evidenced by a shedload of my posts well before they officially got handed down)

yet refused to act

especially in January

simply buying Ake (he is not my preferred CB for our lead but it was simple to do with our buyback clause AND is huge upgrade over Zouma, whose sale to Everton would have basically covered the ENTIRE cost) and Piatek (fuck Higs) and then lock down a deal with Lille for buy and loanback for Pepe for the last 6 months,which they (Lille) would have done for £45m to £55m at that time) AND he was practically begging to come here, look at the interviews, 

all that would have only cost us around a net £60-70m or so (and actually less as we could have then sold Bats for £30m or so, so call it £30-40m or so)

ffs

Maybe they naively thought we've got away with it once we would again. Still annoys we're in this sodding mess. 

The board don't seem to act the way they should. Just piss around with deals until they fall through 

They were their for the taking in the first half, sitting back and we were sharper. We need to learn from these mistakes and quickly. Some of the football was slick, but we always looked like we’d be vulnerable on the counter. Looking at the players we’re missing and what they’ll add when fit gives me some hope. 

Luiz stop gloating !!!

the teams we really need to focus on (in terms of point watching) atm are

Wolves

Everton

Leicester

West Ham

Watford (they started off HORRIDLY, but should rebound)

I get the feeling that it is going to be us and those 5 (unless somehow Burnley and/or Bournemouth also pop up)

battling for 6th and 7th place (and thus the last 2 Europe places)

as it stands

we are in bloody 19th place, one goal off the bottom (West ham got slammed 5 nil):rant:

About 20 minutes into the game, I was loving it. I loved the control. I loved the intensity. I loved the build up and quick transition. I loved the collective pressing. I loved how threatening we were and how well we worked to get the ball back. All of this on display at Old Trafford, a ground we haven't won at in more than half a decade. 

And yet, the truly sad thing is, I kept thinking to myself, 'I wonder how long we'll keep this up?'. It's been two years since we saw this level of intensity/control and kept it up for the entire 90. Will it be a worldie of a goal we concede? Will it be an individual error? Then after I saw that misplaced pass from Zouma, that's when I knew. We started seeing more individual errors after that, and when Pedro, (in Pedro fashion), kept a hold of the ball for too long and lost it in a dangerous area, our momentum died. 

It pisses me off how I can't enjoy a game anymore where I can safely think our players will give it their best the entire 90. The amount of individual errors we see is staggering for a top 6 side. 

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Maybe they naively thought we've got away with it once we would again. Still annoys we're in this sodding mess. 

The board don't seem to act the way they should. Just piss around with deals until they fall through 

I do not see how they possibly could have thought we would skate

I read the documents (the public ones)

we flat out broke the rules, brazenly

we were so lucky to not be considered repeat offenders

if I had done similar malfeasance in my financial world, I would be prison-bound, not just sacked and banned from trading for a year

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

@Atomiswave @Vesper How many times are we going to see you two moan about the poor transfers made, board's bad decisions, transfer ban etc? Like Lampard alluded to, it is what it is. Can only work with what we have and no point focusing on what can't be changed.

I am not taking it out on the players or Lamps (other than Zouma, as I expect Azpi to rebound)

so there is that:)

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do not see how they possibly could have thought we would skate

I read the documents (the public ones)

we flat out broke the rules, brazenly

we were so lucky to not be considered repeat offenders

if I had done similar malfeasance in my financial world, I would be prison-bound, not just sacked and banned from trading for a year

Someone thought they'd get away with though or wouldn't have made the same mistakes in the first place. That's what a annoying we had warnings from the Kakuta deal. Almost banned.. Not... Now we have. 

Hey Ho what's done is done. Hopefully can learn from everything that went wrong today and move on. 

This is classic Mourinho...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11782848/jose-mourinho-hails-rock-harry-maguire-after-man-united-win

Yet while Mourinho was full of praise for United, he described Chelsea's display as "too soft" after Frank Lampard suffered a heavy defeat on his Premier League managerial bow.

"They were not compact defensively and there wasn't enough aggression on the ball. The defensive line was never compact," said Mourinho.

Mourinho continued: "My feeling is that today they had the possibility to play with more know-how.

"Alonso, Kante and Giroud were on the bench. To come to Old Trafford, even if it's not the huge Manchester United team that used to scare people, it's still Manchester United, it's the first match at home, first match of the season, people are excited. A little bit of experience would fit well with the team.

"You look at the performance of Mount, Abraham and Christensen and I think for matches of this dimension you need a little bit more."

43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it is all on the board

yet refused to act

especially in January

ffs

Spot on man.....we are not run properly. Look at the state of the team.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

@Atomiswave @Vesper How many times are we going to see you two moan about the poor transfers made, board's bad decisions, transfer ban etc? Like Lampard alluded to, it is what it is. Can only work with what we have and no point focusing on what can't be changed.

You cant just say it is what it is when we seemingly never learn. We are incredibly inept and the overall setup does us no favours. When we fans can smell shit from afar then so should they. Its one of the reasons we are so flawed atm. There is no insight or forsight, no longterm vision......its bound do bite your ass this way at this level. The moment we are run like a business only then we are having it up the arse just like Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You cant just say it is what it is when we seemingly never learn. We are incredibly inept and the overall setup does us no favours. When we fans can smell shit from afar then so should they. Its one of the reasons we are so flawed atm. There is no insight or forsight, no longterm vision......its bound do bite your ass this way at this level. The moment we are run like a business only then we are having it up the arse just like Arsenal.

I don't think you'll find a Chelsea fan who will disagree with you on that but not sure what the constant complaining is gonna achieve...

We've got like 16 trophies in the last 16 years. To say we are being run so poorly is somewhat laughable and makes it sound like we're all playing football manager.

Yeah we could do with strengthening particularly in defence and at striker but saying we're inept is a bit of a stretch.

And as already said. What we got is what we got. Let's get on with it. That's a discussion for next summer, I believe the squad we have can get top 4 and be competitive and be a great starting point for a lot of our young players. Expecting much more is setting yourself up for disappointment. Hoping for more is part of being a fan

7 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

We've got like 16 trophies in the last 16 years. To say we are being run so poorly is somewhat laughable and makes it sound like we're all playing football manager.

Yeah we could do with strengthening particularly in defence and at striker but saying we're inept is a bit of a stretch.

And as already said. What we got is what we got. Let's get on with it. That's a discussion for next summer, I believe the squad we have can get top 4 and be competitive and be a great starting point for a lot of our young players. Expecting much more is setting yourself up for disappointment. Hoping for more is part of being a fan

has zero to do with Football Manager

FM allusions are a sure tell for a weak argument