• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

When you have Azpi & Pedro down the right side for 90 mins, you expect the worst even against a semi decent side. Lampard's naivety showed today, unfortunately.

Two liabilities in the back line will be replaced soon enough. Will have to see if that's enough.

I don't think player lamp player selection was the problem. Maybe a more conservative press will be better 

1 minute ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Oof that result really stings.But I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

Some obvious changes needs to be made. Abraham is just not premier league quality, sadly. He seems like a nice guy, so sad to see him not quite being there. Giroud and Michy would both be big improvements up front. Mount seemed nervous, but showed some potential. Could be very good in the long run I think, but maybe not ready for this kind of matches yet. Kante was obviously also missed.

Jorginho I thought was surprisingly good today though, as a big contrast to last season. Kovacic looked much the same however, which is not a positive. Barkley was also good, and the sub of him truly puzzled me. Was he injured? I dont think he was, but in that case, fair enough. Otherwise a terrible decision.

Hopefully Rudiger can return and stabilize the defense a little. Without that penalty, Chelsea would never have opened up to Uniteds constant counters. But Zouma was poor, and so was Azpilicueta in truth. They are very one dimensional, and will have trouble against teams defending well this season.

In the end, not too worried. But obviously not great to see the team can fall apart like that. But it's the price the club has to pay because of the transfer ban, and maybe it can end up being a positive in the seasons to come, with players like Mount and hopefully Reece James getting the chance.

Kovacic was better than Jorginho and imo was our best player. Mount looked good too. Don't see how anyone can criticize Kovacic or was I watching a different game. 

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Kovacic was better than Jorginho and imo was our best player. Mount looked good too. Don't see how anyone can criticize Kovacic or was I watching a different game. 

Totally agree,the guy was our best player by far today

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

I really do disagree with Kovacic. Mount had some good stuff going for him at times though, and I like him and hope to see more of him. But I don't understand taking Barkley out before him. At all.

One of the most satisfying losses in a while funnily enough. Can’t wait for Kanté, Pulisic, CHO, James, RLC & Rüdiger to come back they’re all very needed. Won’t be a while until we see our strongest XI:

Kepa

James Rüdiger Christensen Emerson

Kanté Jorginho

Pulisic RLC CHO

Tammy?

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

In midfield it is not even close. Kante and kova is our starting double pivot 

I don't think player lamp player selection was the problem. Maybe a more conservative press will be better 

Abraham shouldn't have started. That single change could have seen us ahead at the break and we might be talking about a deserved victory rather than a shambolic display in the final 30 mins. 

Fine margins

59 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

Fair enough whatever you say must be true... All I say is after this season with Kepa I'll quote you with your opinion that Kepa is the bees knees and the best we have cause you are blinded by him.

if you have been here a while you know I had pushed other options (I was never pushing Kepa due to the fact he had turned down Real before, twice)

we bid £90m for Oblak, and he personally said no, he was my number one want (and I think it is a tossup between him, Ederson, and Alisson for top GK in the world)

we did overpay for Kepa, by £20m or so, BUT that was all on the board, as they should have sold Courtois in the summer of 2017, as it was obvious he was not going to renew. We lost over £40m there, as Real would have paid at least £70m for him then

the board lost a net £60m (20m overpay for Kepa and 40m lost on the forced Courtois sale) and or so (even more if the keeper we would have purchased in 2017 would have cost less than the £50m valuation I am using for Kepa)

we could have purchased Alisson in 2017 for peanuts compared to what the Bindippers paid for him in 2018

I also was suggesting (in 2018)

and

Alex Meret (removing Kepa, he was, after Oblak and Strakosha, my number 3 option), Pau López, Jasper Cillessen,, Alphonse Areola, Mattia Perin, and André Onana as options too, with Alban Lafont as a backup/future option (he was only 19 with years of Serie A starting already)

my backup options slash Kepa competition now are (still would love to get Strakosha, but I doubt we spend what he would cost now)

940b7a5cdb816b7d606b894dd8ab303a.png

Just now, Tomo said:

This is harder to take than City. Why? Because at City we were bolax and got what we deserved, here we were genuinely the better side (by a distance) for 65 minutes then were sucker punched due to sheer na

We basically got OUT-Arsenal-ED. 

One of the most satisfying losses in a while funnily enough. Can’t wait for Kanté, Pulisic, CHO, James, RLC & Rüdiger to come back they’re all very needed. Won’t be a while until we see our strongest XI: Kepa
James Rüdiger Christensen Emerson
Kanté Jorginho
CHO RLC Pulisic
Tammy?

Honest question, how can Abraham actually be your choice out of the three?

Michy should be the clear favourite with the par so low.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Honest question, how can Abraham actually be your choice out of the three?

Michy should be the clear favourite with the par so low.

In my head Batshuayi, Tammy & Giroud are all on the same level. Doesn’t really matter who starts tbh. 

Thought Tammy had a decent first half imo lead the line quite well and was unlucky not to score. 

In my head Batshuayi, Tammy & Giroud are all on the same level. Doesn’t really matter who starts tbh. 
Thought Tammy had a decent first half imo lead the line quite well and was unlucky not to score. 
He was sleeping when the golden chance arrived. This ain't Bristol City.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Abraham shouldn't have started. That single change could have seen us ahead at the break and we might be talking about a deserved victory rather than a shambolic display in the final 30 mins.

Fine margins

Basically we have 3 option in striker 

- Giroud who is pure target man and has no future with us beyond this season 

- Michy, best finisher and movement but offer nothing else

- Abraham, our young striker who imo offer a bit of everything but still need a lot of work 

Honestly, I have no idea who to choose. But I probably will also go for tammy