• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Very true but the backline even with Rudiger in it as a 4 arent in sync and thats a huge issue. Especially if teams beat our press or we sit off. Christensen for me has looked not bad today. Maybe few things here and there but solid enough. 

I'm sure Kante will help.

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

Lol Rudiger has been out for several months. Him alone wont save our defence. Christensen and Zouma is shit! We sold Rudigers partner and the only CB who could create something for our attack. But Frank must see something special in Christensen, Zouma and Tomiri or whatever his name is. 

zouma is far away from a good CB, in every match he makes horrific mistakes 

I don't believe what I'm going to say, but seeing zouma on the pitch makes me miss luiz 

Kante and Rüdiger will make a big difference. Pulisic pressing and running off the ball from the start will help. Not playing a side like United every week that have some of the fastest players in the league every week will help.

But we're stuck for the whole season with strikers who don't score and a couple of first teamers who are on the wane.

Will be a rough, rough season. As we expected. We won't get near top 4, again as expected.

Just now, Robchels said:

When that happens it usually is more than than one area. The em failed and you got to question the starting lineup  subs. I agree with @Henrique that Barkley was the better player when subbed out.

naive starting line up and strategy with a high defense line against stronger opposition in their turf. Hope this was down to circumstance and not what lampard thinks, because this was very poor game management.

He will learn from this....im sure he will. But man the score gave us a bloody nose.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
15 minutes ago, Stats said:
People mocked Luiz also, but when Rudiger is out the defence is a lot worse with him out and that is why I was concerned to see Luiz go. Sad thing is we have not even been that bad, but Lamps is going to struggle to organize this defence. We are going to be like Arsenal's defence last season.

I'd normally be livid, but I will take it as the first game and put it aside. The entire team needs to do more defensively.

It is not like we are playing a quality team. We are playing a team who a lot of people are skeptical about too. Their team does not look that good. Losing 4-0 is embarrassing. Defence is defo going to be ripped apart this season. And it shows the same issue we had last season. We will create tons of chances but no one to put it away and then we get punished. Same thing happened today. Both their first two goals were against the run of play. Also, no Hazard to save us this time around.

Just now, Irakozium257 said:

I really hope that this is Azpi's last season anywhere near the starting line-up. He's so..... bland. His situational awareness is so below par.

maybe it's time to convert him in a CB, last year he played well there 

3 minutes ago, Bobo said:

I mean, the whole defence, Christensen, Zouma and Azpi were just hideous. It seemed to me that everything that happened was due to inexperience... damn...

If you want to look at the positives, the back 4 of Azpi, Christensen, Zouma and Emerson has never played together before this summer. So with time, they might get better.

That being said, not sure what's this nonsense about inexperience. Christensen and Zouma have played enough games to not be considered inexperience anymore. The only ones that can be considered that is Mount, Pulisic and Abraham. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you want to look at the positives, the back 4 of Azpi, Christensen, Zouma and Emerson has never played together before this summer. So with time, they might get better.

That being said, not sure what's this nonsense about inexperience. Christensen and Zouma have played enough games to not be considered inexperience anymore. The only ones that can be considered that is Mount, Pulisic and Abraham. 

Oh my.. it did not looked like that on the field brother... it was quite the opposite. But I really hope things will get better.

I think people should relax. People want us to develop youth and at the same time be good. 

Defense is a problem, I said it a while ago. Our transition defense was awful and it still is. It will get better one kante fully fit but our organization defensively need to be better. I have no problem with this high pressing but maybe a bit less against big team, even pool use a lower pressing block against United last season. 

Defensively, Zouma is a bit of a mess, but I think we all know it. Azpi also made two mistakes that led to two United goals. 

Offensively, I said it early, this your time Abraham because if you don't show that you can be Chelsea no 9, we will sign a striker next season. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

so frustrating to lose like this, worst possible start for Lamps

Yeah we did alright before the collapse.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kante and Rüdiger will make a big difference. Pulisic pressing and running off the ball from the start will help. Not playing a side like United every week that have some of the fastest players in the league every week will help.

But we're stuck for the whole season with strikers who don't score and a couple of first teamers who are on the wane.

Will be a rough, rough season. As we expected. We won't get near top 4, again as expected.

Exactly why we fucking MUST go big come summer....no dangling no iffying about. Spend big and get quality in or go bust.

It is not like we are playing a quality team. We are playing a team who a lot of people are skeptical about too. Their team does not look that good. Losing 4-0 is embarrassing. Defence is defo going to be ripped apart this season. And it shows the same issue we had last season. We will create tons of chances but no one to put it away and then we get punished. Same thing happened today. Both their first two goals were against the run of play. Also, no Hazard to save us this time around.

When you have Azpi & Pedro down the right side for 90 mins, you expect the worst even against a semi decent side. Lampard's naivety showed today, unfortunately.

Two liabilities in the back line will be replaced soon enough. Will have to see if that's enough.

Oof that result really stings.But I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

Some obvious changes needs to be made. Abraham is just not premier league quality, sadly. He seems like a nice guy, so sad to see him not quite being there. Giroud and Michy would both be big improvements up front. Mount seemed nervous, but showed some potential. Could be very good in the long run I think, but maybe not ready for this kind of matches yet. Kante was obviously also missed.

Jorginho I thought was surprisingly good today though, as a big contrast to last season. Kovacic looked much the same however, which is not a positive. Barkley was also good, and the sub of him truly puzzled me. Was he injured? I dont think he was, but in that case, fair enough. Otherwise a terrible decision.

Hopefully Rudiger can return and stabilize the defense a little. Luiz would have helped today, but that's easy to sit here and say now. Without that penalty, Chelsea would never have opened up to Uniteds constant counters. But Zouma was poor, and so was Azpilicueta in truth. They are very one dimensional, and will have trouble against teams defending well this season.

In the end, not too worried. But obviously not great to see the team can fall apart like that. But it's the price the club has to pay because of the transfer ban, and maybe it can end up being a positive in the seasons to come, with players like Mount and hopefully Reece James getting the chance.

Just now, milan.cech said:

Azpilicueta's form will definitely have its say.

Azpi needs to be given competition or rotated with at the very least. He has been played so much in the last few years that it's probably contributed to his drop in performance level.