• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

Yeah, I can take getting blown up by City or Liverpool as they're loaded with world class players and have been together for years. To lose 4-0 to what was surely the weakest United side ever fielded on a PL opening weekend is what stings.

But it's rare to take so many positives away from a thumping loss. We'll almost certainly be on the end of a few of those against the other big boys. But I hope that looking at today in terms of style of play and chance creation, we can do well against most of the league.

Abraham and Emerson should have scored today. Zouma should not have made that weird tackle and we clearly need Rüdiger back. I am not even a fan of Rüdiger, but at least he can pass the ball safely. Kante is back to his best position, which is good and he was not bad when he came on.

What I think really is shocking is that we have two big strikers with Tammy and Giroud and we have no players that can cross. We really need CHO and James. RLC is also very needed. Nobody was good enough for Pogba today and I think Kante and RLC would have made Pogba´s game more difficult

4-0 stings like a motherfucker but I liked what I saw before the collapse, especially considering the injuries and obvious big holes to remedy. I swear we must return the favour when they come to SB. And lol to utd fans claiming maguire and wb being top5 in their positions. Deluded cunts.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Abraham shouldn't have started. That single change could have seen us ahead at the break and we might be talking about a deserved victory rather than a shambolic display in the final 30 mins. 

Fine margins

Abraham had a decent game. Not too disappointed. Giroud or Bats would not make so many balls stick that Abraham managed to today. 

Needs to sharpen and also manage to turn defenders and have a run but he is the best we've got this season to lead the line. Batshuayi has had multiple chances and has come off as a clumsy striker with zero awareness. Why not give Tammy a run? What better time than this season anyway. Giroud is clearly the sub because he offers nothing in pressing

Had a number of good opportunities but didn't take them. Was the better side. Hit the woodwork twice. Committed defensive disasters (thanks a lot Zouma, Azpi). Two fouls in two of their goals (one a potential head injury). Deflection in their fourth. Ended up with a 4-0 loss.

Not sure what to make of today's game at all. Almost as flabbergasted as some of the horror shows from last season.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Had a number of good opportunities but didn't take them. Was the better side.Committed defensive disasters (thanks a lot Zouma, Azpi). Two fouls in two of their goals (one a potential head injury). Deflection in their fourth. Ended up with a 4-0 loss.

Not sure what to make of today's game at all. Almost as flabbergasted as some of the horror shows from last season.

This is what you used to read on Arsenals forum :ph34r:

Name hasn't been brought up much, but how awful was Pedro yet again away to a top 6 side? He should honestly never be considered an option at this rate. Still mainly at fault for the first goal when he lost the ball in a dangerous area that led to a United counter attack. Lost the ball a good 5 or 6 times just holding onto it for too long, which I'm sure pissed Lampard off. 

We have a past it Pedro, and Willian, who was actually never good enough, and CHO and Pulisic who are unproven. 

No middle ground. 

Alarming to lose 4-0 but I am going to stay away from the overreaction on here.  Good pressing but also left open spaces in midfield for Pogba, Rashford, Martial to run at. Emerson, Kova, Barkley shut down the left side more or less but the right side concerns me. Pedro and Azpi struggled, and Jorgi on the right side of central midfield did not help. We need to tighten up for sure. Kante on the right will help.  

But anyone writing this season off will be in for a surprise I think. When Reece, Rudi, Kante, CHO, Pulisic are starting instead of Azpi, Zouma, Jorgi, Pedro and Barkley, there will be a different sort of energy in pressing and we will be much more solid. 

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Abraham shouldn't have started. That single change could have seen us ahead at the break and we might be talking about a deserved victory rather than a shambolic display in the final 30 mins. 

Fine margins

And it wasn’t just the lack k of scoring, but his overall play. 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm just gald Alonso didn't play the scoreline would have been bigger 

What a strange thing to say given the shoreline. Also considering alonso was our best player last time there.

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Abraham and Emerson should have scored today. Zouma should not have made that weird tackle and we clearly need Rüdiger back. I am not even a fan of Rüdiger, but at least he can pass the ball safely. Kante is back to his best position, which is good and he was not bad when he came on.

What I think really is shocking is that we have two big strikers with Tammy and Giroud and we have no players that can cross. We really need CHO and James. RLC is also very needed. Nobody was good enough for Pogba today and I think Kante and RLC would have made Pogba´s game more difficult

And that’s usually my main disagreement with with some opinions. Football does not give you any points for good play. It only counts goals, which makes that final third quality so important and expensive.

yes Emerson made good runs, but his shooting was poor and his crossing worse. Not a good game in my book. I consider alonso a technically far superior player, but he’s getting even slower, which makes me very pessimistic on that left back area going forward.

summer 2020 we sure as fuck best be buying at least one (I want two, and we WILL have the quid to do it, easily, as long as we liquidate the rest of the dregs we have on the books, with hundreds of millions left over for stiker/winger/fullbacks, etc)

CB     

José María Giménez (Atletico Madrid)   

Ibrahima Konaté (RB Leipzig)   

Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan)    

Alessio Romagnoli (AC Milan)     

Marquinhos (PSG) 

Dayot Upamecano (RB Leipzig)

Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid)

Rúben Dias (Benfica)

Kalidou Koulibaly is too old next summer (29) for what Napoli will demand)  <<<< IF they offer a fair price (they wont), hell grab him as the 2nd buy

also, other options for the 2nd CB buy

Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona, if he has a rebound year)

Evan N'Dicka (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Nico Elvedi (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina)

Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Boubacar Kamara (Olympique Marseille)

Manuel Akanji (Borussia Dortmund)

Thilo Kehrer (PSG)

Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Joachim Andersen (Lyon)

Dan Axel Zagadou (Borussia Dortmund)

Malang Sarr (OGC Nice)

Issa Diop (West Ham)

and finally (better than nothing for the 2nd)

Nathan Aké (Bournemouth, we have a £40m buyback option)

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

which makes me very pessimistic on that left back area going forward.

Our team is very unbalanced and too many weak points. How the Club has allowed us to get so bare footed is amazing in a bad way. Its gonna be a long ass season but hopefuly we will see progress. We need at least 250 NeXT summer. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Spot on from Frank. Glad to also see this same sentiment from almost all journalists and pundits. This was a super harsh score line that really flattered United.

Plenty to take away and be hopeful about.