• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Abraham had a decent game. Not too disappointed. Giroud or Bats would not make so many balls stick that Abraham managed to today. 

Needs to sharpen and also manage to turn defenders and have a run but he is the best we've got this season to lead the line. Batshuayi has had multiple chances and has come off as a clumsy striker with zero awareness. Why not give Tammy a run? What better time than this season anyway. Giroud is clearly the sub because he offers nothing in pressing

The problem is that Chelsea Fans expect our striker to score every time. Even players like Drogba and Costa score eery time.

Abraham´s chance was not easy to score, but he made a pretty decent shot. Apart from that, his hold up play was good, expecially in the first half. There is not much that Abraham could have done because he did not ge that many good balls. We need good crossers for players like Giroud and Abraham. Azpi is not able to deliver those crosses..

All in all, I think that our offensive game was sometimes very promising, but we need to improve from the back. Zouma is a huge liability and Rüdiger needs to get fit as soon as possible. James should get a fair chance against Azpi. I hope that CHO and RLC will be back because we could need a good crosser like CHO.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Spot on from Frank. Glad to also see this same sentiment from almost all journalists and pundits. This was a super harsh score line that really flattered United.

Plenty to take away and be hopeful about.

He said United were “clinical”, but overvalued our first half performance, which was not clinical at all.

i think it’s the right message to the young players and encouragement, but he likely knows better. Still weird why make a inexperienced lineup even greener with Tammy and mount.. and let me say I do see some pretty impressive things in mount.

disagree on Tammy above... his level of play was nowhere good enough.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like others, I want to say that there are some positives to take from this match but they will only count if we make them count by picking up results in the coming games. If we don't, then hell is gonna break loose.

That's it. This can't set the tone for the season. Needs to be a one off not a sign of things to come. 

3 minutes ago, Robchels said:

i think it’s the right message to the young players and encouragement, but he likely knows better. Still weird why make a inexperienced lineup even greener with Tammy and mount.. and let me say I do see some pretty impressive things in mount.

But it ultimately wasn't inexperience that lost us the game.

We saw vital mistakes from our veterans in Pedro and Azilicueta, along with Zouma who is an established professional. All three were at fault for our goals through errors you'd expect from inexperience players. 

Lampard has a clear vision on how he wants us to play, and Mount+Tammy are vital in it. Make no mistake, we were in absolute control before Zouma shot us in the foot. Tammy puts that chance away, it would've been a different game. 

Just now, Vesper said:

only ones I am going to fully slag are Zouma and Azpi

Pedro had a stinker as well, IMHO (not for lack of effort)

AC was decent too

he just had so little help

we were POOR with turnovers as well

Pedro ran his ass off but he is getting older and older, he has been a very good player for us imo. Zouma was Zouma, we ll knew it. AC I like much much better, he can game with Rudi. Azpi gotten slower but he has heart, wouldnt mind a better FB though.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We saw vital mistakes from our veterans in Pedro and Azilicueta, along with Zouma who is an established professional. All three were at fault for our goals through errors you'd expect from inexperience players. 

Lampard has a clear vision on how he wants us to play, and Mount+Tammy are vital in it. Make no mistake, we were in absolute control before Zouma shot us in the foot. Tammy puts that chance away, it would've been a different game. 

The team screams for help, even under Sarii. We could have gotten Piatek but opted for an old washed up Higs, who decided that? Surely the Club have the brains to forsee Higs would be eaten up in epl? Ars were horrible today, but thanks to their strikers they win instead of losing.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

disagree. The lack of robustness in the team is a classic reflection of inexperience.

Think folks here focus way too much on usual match mistakes that happen all the time. Yes, zouma one was a real bad mistake, but the others were just game circumstances and result from high defense line and in line.

football is a team sport and players get more exposed when having to cover for players who are not pulling their weight. When we pretty much play down a men from the get go with Tammy, that will affect all areas of the pitch,  not only the attack.

4 minutes ago, Robchels said:

disagree. The lack of robustness in the team is a classic reflection of inexperience.

Think folks here focus way too much on usual match mistakes that happen all the time. Yes, zouma one was a real bad mistake, but the others were just game circumstances and result from high defense line and in line.

football is a team sport and players get more exposed when having to cover for players who are not pulling their weight. When we pretty much play down a men from the get go with Tammy, that will affect all areas of the pitch,  not only the attack.

Tammy was at fault for Pedro holding on to the ball too long that led to the counter? I remember seeing Jorginho and Mount in space. 

Tammy was at fault for Zouma making a challenge you'd expect a Sunday league player to make? 

Tammy was at fault for Dave ball watching and losing his runner?

These are individual mistakes we are seeing mate. This is not a collective misfortune, when in fact we were in total control before the initial individual mistake. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Tammy was at fault for Pedro holding on to the ball too long that led to the counter? I remember seeing Jorginho and Mount in space. 

Tammy was at fault for Zouma making a challenge you'd expect a Sunday league player to make? 

Tammy was at fault for Dave ball watching and losing his runner?

These are individual mistakes we are seeing mate. Has nothing to do with a misfortune as a result from working as a collective, when in fact we were in total control before the initial individual mistake. 

Sorry I think Tammy is an awful awful footballer at this time. He is completely lost. Does not even participate enough of the game.

i truly hope he improves, but he’s unplayable right now. Perhaps can help against the smaller sides, but this was no game for him.

Just now, Robchels said:

Sorry I think Tammy is an awful awful footballer at this time. He is completely lost. Does not even participate enough of the game.

i truly hope he improves, but he’s unplayable right now. Perhaps can help against the smaller sides, but this was no game for him.

I like from what I saw and I am keeping this in mind with what we currently have. Tammy looks essential for Lampard's football. I'd keep him as a starter and let's see how he fairs after a run of games. 

This is by far the worst way of losing. Having all the possession, all the chances, hitting the woodwork and still 0-4 at the end. Feeling really sick right now. But that was one of the 2 scenarios we all predicted. But what I was most disappointed with was not only the lack of quality also from the more experienced players but how naively we left spaces open in midfield. We knew before their technically limited players can only play well when afforded space. Still we committed way too much going forward, no security and stupid turnovers. This will be a long season till we really start gelling. And off to the worst possible start

12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I like from what I saw and I am keeping this in mind with what we currently have. Tammy looks essential for Lampard's football. I'd keep him as a starter and let's see how he fairs after a run of games. 

I truly hope that you are right and that I’m wrong. That all he needs is a good run of games to improve, but I’m just calling the way I see it... his movement, turns, work rate, look all off to me.