• Barkley
    • Mount
    • Pedro
    • Abraham
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

No Sarri to blame now. :whistling:

Conceded 3 goals this half. I seem to remember some fans showing no mercy to Sarri and wondered if he motivated his players during half time....

Only one word to described this match.

Collapse. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Higs doesnt count? Kova maybe?

Got Kovacic because we didn't have any money left after buying Kepa get real. Higuain yes a bust but hardly breathtaking getting 2 players one which was half a season and suddenly he got everything get real.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Higs doesnt count? Kova maybe?

Higs counts as an UNMITIGATED disaster

we shit away £16m for a 6 month loan (fees and wages)

and it cock-blocked us on signing Piatek for only £31m

I was ranting the bans are coming and we needed to lock down good young players

but the board fucked us in the arse yet again (especially as they were the cunts who got us the ban, let alone the HORRIFIC signings over the past few years)

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

One positive is that Kovacic looked really good in midfield. WHe plays over Jorginho for me when Kante is fit again.

Thing is, I thought Jorginho was great for much of that match, too. There will likely be a lot of rotation in midfield this season.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No Sarri to blame now. :whistling:

Conceded 3 goals this half. I seem to remember some fans showing no mercy to Sarri and wondered if he motivated his players during half time....

Only one word to described this match.

Collapse. 

If this keep on happening through the season then yes I agree.....but lets see what happens huh. And yes sarii was a horrible motivator imo. And you are judging Lamps way way too early.....at least give it till december.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

Got Kovacic because we didn't have any money left after buying Kepa get real. Higuain yes a bust but hardly breathtaking getting 2 players one which was half a season and suddenly he got everything get real.

Sarii wanted Kova, im not saying he is bad buy though. And if sarii didnt get shit then what do you call Lamps then? Bare footed is what he is.

People mocked Luiz also, but when Rudiger is out the defence is a lot worse with him out and that is why I was concerned to see Luiz go. Sad thing is we have not even been that bad, but Lamps is going to struggle to organize this defence. We are going to be like Arsenal's defence last season.
I'd normally be livid, but I will take it as the first game and put it aside. The entire team needs to do more defensively.

Lol Rudiger has been out for several months. Him alone wont save our defence. Christensen and Zouma is shit! We sold Rudigers partner and the only CB who could create something for our attack. But Frank must see something special in Christensen, Zouma and Tomiri or whatever his name is. 

4 minutes ago, Bobo said:

I mean, the whole defence, Christensen, Zouma and Azpi were just hideous. It seemed to me that everything that happened was due to inexperience... damn...

When that happens it usually is more than than one area. The system failed and you got to question the starting lineup  subs. I agree with @Henrique that Barkley was the better player when subbed out.

naive starting line up and strategy with a high defense line against stronger opposition in their turf. Hope this was down to circumstance and not what lampard thinks, because this was very poor game management.

Well lets look at the positives. 4-0 has really showed up our defensive frailities. Zouma not good enough, Aspi getting slow, Christensen was solid enough and Emerson was the best of our back line. Kovacic was solid and looked good while I'm still undecided on Jorginho. Barkley and Pedro gave the ball away far too much and too easily, while Mount did well for the first half only. Sadly Tammy, you're not good enough for this level. We dominated them for the first 20 minutes or so and deserved to take the lead, but the post intervened. Some nice high pressing but we dont have the stamina to carry this for 90 minutes.  Onwards and upwards people as we can only drop one more place in the league !!!!!!!!!!