Super Frank Thread

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Or maybe, just maybe, Palace "didn't attack" because we didn't let them?

I mean think about this Palace recently went to Old Trafford scored 3 and could have scored 8, they saw us ship three to West Brom the previous week, their strength on the counter is also a weakness for us, you really think they would look at those things combined and think "nah ain't going to bother attacking today what's the point"?

Not to mention they've won more big games away to the big six in recent years than the big six sides themselves, we limited a very dangerous and pacey counter attacking side to absolute scraps.

I can see your point, but can't accept it.

Let's be honest, we were dominated by Brighton, we were dominated by wba for 45 mins and we were dominated by soton for more than 2/3rd of the game. Let's not even go to pool.

Palace was either an out of the world performance from us, or a shit showing from them. 

Also against United, they had 20% of the ball, it was a classic counter attacking performance. Palace have always played passively, sitting deep and then countering. As much as I would want to believe you, I just can't based on all the rest of our performances and the way palace normally sets up.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I see we've found our new scapegoat now Alonso's out of the team.

Chris is indeed dogshit, he wouldnt play in any other top club for me. How he is ahead of Tomori is beyond me, im not saying Tomori is WC but somehow he has been frozen out, something that has happened to a few players to suddenly jump back in out of nowhere.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I still cannot believe for the life of me what FL or anyone sees in Christensen...absolute dog shit.

Let's be honest are attack 4 are brilliant could even throw mount in there 2, we have a decent lb now and mendy dunno we not seen him really. Silva will be awesome but he's a quick fix. The rest are trash jorgi dave kova zouma AC kante kepa, they simply ain't good enough or even close to been good enough, we need another 2 players to make this team a centre back and a quarterback style DM, Phillips and say Connor coady would make this team. Just 2 players as a for instance 

Just now, Puliiszola said:

I can see your point, but can't accept it.

Let's be honest, we were dominated by Brighton, we were dominated by wba for 45 mins and we were dominated by soton for more than 2/3rd of the game. Let's not even go to pool.

Palace was either an out of the world performance from us, or a shit showing from them. 

Also against United, they had 20% of the ball, it was a classic counter attacking performance. Palace have always played passively, sitting deep and then countering. As much as I would want to believe you, I just can't based on all the rest of our performances and the way palace normally sets up.

Maybe we were dominated by BHA but how many games last season did that happen in reverse? Apparently only the result mattered then.

The fact that Palace created all those chances at OT with 20% possession proves my point, why would they refuse to (counter) attack a side when they had so much success vs a side with a better defensive record that also finished above us a mere fortnight before?

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Chris is indeed dogshit, he wouldnt play in any other top club for me. How he is ahead of Tomori is beyond me, im not saying Tomori is WC but somehow he has been frozen out, something that has happened to a few players to suddenly jump back in out of nowhere.

And people seem to forget Tomori was also making a lot of silly mistakes before being dropped and it was only a matter of time before they led to goals, and lets not pretend patience would have been shown to him by supporters either.

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And people seem to forget Tomori was also making a lot of silly mistakes before being dropped and it was only a matter of time before they led to goals, and lets not pretend patience would have been shown to him by supporters either.

Yeah thats plausible but Chris has played too many games compared to Tomori, he is weak as fuck and very rarely do I see him do good stuff. Our whole backline is fucked, infact the shape of the team is fucked more often than not. We are a 2020 Lamborgini avantedor up front, but a Fiat punto on 3 wheels with a non working exhaust at the back.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah thats plausible but Chris has played too many games compared to Tomori, he is weak as fuck and very rarely do I see him do good stuff. Our whole backline is fucked, infact the shape of the team is fucked more often than not. We are a 2020 Lamborgini avantedor up front, but a Fiat punto on 3 wheels with a non working excaust at the back.

I think fiat punto with 3 wheels n no exhaust is putting it nicely, I think we are more like half a wheelie bin on wheels with no lid

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

I think fiat punto with 3 wheels n no exhaust is putting it nicely, I think we are more like half a wheelie bin on wheels with no lid

Well there you go mate, its bad which way you look at it and seemingly no improvement on that since day 1 at old traford

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

yes, both are not good enough atm (Tomori may come good, AC will not)

Same for Zouma and Rudiger (staggeringly disappointing slide to mediocrity)

all but Tomori (I will give him a couple more years) need to go

Can anyone who's super critical of Zouma point out to me, apart from yesterday's mistake, Zouma's mistakes this season? Apart from yesterday mistake he's actually almost been flawless. I don't like the narrative that he's been error prone all season when this is probably his first subpar game of the season? 

I don't understand why he's being put in the same bracket as Rudiger and Christensen. 

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tomori was dropped once his performance level dipped and that is fair enough. 

But why then has Christensen not been dropped when he keeps making mistakes and it's clear that his performance level has dipped? Why has he been given so many chances compared to someone like Tomori? 

I don't buy it when a manager talks about meritocracy etc but since Lampard likes to talk about it so much, talks about creating competition in the team, then why does he continuously pick Christensen even after so many poor performances and ignore Tomori for as long as he has?

We should have really gone for a no. 6 this window. Jorgi and Kante do not work well together and somehow, they both go forward at the same time. Kante is not a pure no. 6 and Jorgi is not a no. 6 in a classical sense either.
Sadly, we so not have a no. 6 in our youth either

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

We should have really gone for a no. 6 this window. Jorgi and Kante do not work well together and somehow, they both go forward at the same time. Kante is not a pure no. 6 and Jorgi is not a no. 6 in a classical sense either.
Sadly, we so not have a no. 6 in our youth either

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Should've kept Ampadu. 

29 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Can anyone who's super critical of Zouma point out to me, apart from yesterday's mistake, Zouma's mistakes this season? Apart from yesterday mistake he's actually almost been flawless. I don't like the narrative that he's been error prone all season when this is probably his first subpar game of the season? 

I don't understand why he's being put in the same bracket as Rudiger and Christensen. 

Just needs a scolding and should be back in the team imo. 

Like you said, he's probably our second best CB.

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tomori was dropped once his performance level dipped and that is fair enough. 

But why then has Christensen not been dropped when he keeps making mistakes and it's clear that his performance level has dipped? Why has he been given so many chances compared to someone like Tomori? 

I don't buy it when a manager talks about meritocracy etc but since Lampard likes to talk about it so much, talks about creating competition in the team, then why does he continuously pick Christensen even after so many poor performances and ignore Tomori for as long as he has?

Maybe because believe it or not he may actually be the better option, like when Emerson and Baba were being beautified because they weren't Alonso and Ivanovic respectively then when they got their games it turned out they were worse. I mean lets be honest if Fik didn't have that spell last September we wouldn't be blinking at him being 4th choice as most had him down as a squad player at best anyway.

Furthermore if Tomori does fall into that category (of being everybit as flawed as AC)  i'm glad he's being kept well away from the team, last thing i want to see is another one of our own treated and spoke about the way Mount is.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Maybe because believe it or not he may actually be the better option, like when Emerson and Baba were being beautified because they weren't Alonso and Ivanovic respectively then when they got their games it turned out they were worse.

No, I don't believe Christensen is the better option, not when he is repeatedly given opportunities despite his constant mistakes. 

And are you explicitly saying Tomori is worse than Christensen?

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I mean lets be honest if Fik didn't have that spell last September we wouldn't be blinking at him being 4th choice as most had him down as a squad player at best anyway.

What is your point exactly? Tomori was given an opportunity back then and he showed his qualities. Sure, he wasn't entirely perfect the whole time but he was playing his first Premier League games. Expecting perfection throughout is silly. 

Christensen plays badly but he continues to get selected. Tomori plays well (like against Liverpool, Spurs this season) but doesn't get rewarded.