Super Frank Thread

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Both are not true DMs like for instance Makelele was.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Lampard has conceded 63 goals in about 43 premier league games with chelsea. That is an absolute disaster. 

Even at Derby the defending was this bad, but we thought his defenders there were poor, that he needed better players. As you can see, with better players in Chelsea, he still flops in defence.

Southampton had more shots, created more chances and dominated us from the 35th minute. It's unacceptable, either he lays out the plan that we are a counter attacking team who concedes possession to even the smallest of teams, or he tells the team to be more controlled in possession. 

These ping pong games he's playing is getting pretty annoying now.

Lampard has conceded 63 goals in about 43 premier league games with chelsea. That is an absolute disaster. 
Even at Derby the defending was this bad, but we thought his defenders there were poor, that he needed better players. As you can see, with better players in Chelsea, he still flops in defence.
Southampton had more shots, created more chances and dominated us from the 35th minute. It's unacceptable, either he lays out the plan that we are a counter attacking team who concedes possession to even the smallest of teams, or he tells the team to be more controlled in possession. 
These ping pong games he's playing is getting pretty annoying now.
Maybe Derby had a better keeper than Kepa lol

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Greizman was an anomaly, pretty much every flair player that's played under Simeone regressed to horrendous levels (Lemar, Correa,Felix, Gelson, Carrasco).

Say what you want about Lampard's overall management but he's already above Simeone on that (developing attacking players) regard through Pulisic alone.

I dont know Tomo, maybe he is. But Simeone is def much better at other aspects. Simeone wont work wonders with this team I agree but we will def be much harder to beat and score against overall. He aint coming here anyway.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

I dont know Tomo, maybe he is. But Simeone is def much better at other aspects. Simeone wont work wonders with this team I agree but we will def be much harder to beat and score against overall. He aint coming here anyway.

But at what cost? All our attacking players bar at a push Werner would look completely average playing that football, it would be an utterly ludicrous waste of talent.

15 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Maybe Derby had a better keeper than Kepa lol

Maybe lol.

But its just crazy. Sarri had this same backline and Kepa and we were not nearly as bad as this in defence. Lampard has to show some progress in our style of play, 43 League games with us and I'm still waiting.

Maybe lol.
But its just crazy. Sarri had this same backline and Kepa and we were not nearly as bad as this in defence. Lampard has to show some progress in our style of play, 43 League games with us and I'm still waiting.
Yes, but we played Sarri ball and that was the tactic to just pass the ball around til Hazard scores a goal. So, we rarely lost the ball and mistakes like Havertz today did not happen. We mostly conceded set piece goals when Sarri was here and those goals we conceded at the beginning of the second half

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, but we played Sarri ball and that was the tactic to just pass the ball around til Hazard scores a goal. So, we rarely lost the ball and mistakes like Havertz today did not happen. We mostly conceded set piece goals when Sarri was here and those goals we conceded at the beginning of the second half

Wouldn't be against a bit of Sarriball right now, where we just pass the ball around to death. Might actually help us from pressing the self destruct button!

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But at what cost? All our attacking players bar at a push Werner would look completely average playing that football, it would be an utterly ludicrous waste of talent.

He aint coming here mate so its a moot point, the likes of Poch and Naeglsmann or however you spell his name are more probable if FL dont last.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Every passing day I’m beginning to think we should had spent our last summer building our defense than our attack.

I said this for months but as long we have that defense, it doesn’t matter if we have Mbappe or prime Messi...we will have 3-3s, 4-4s etc.

You build the foundations first with a house and that is the defense. You will be never taken seriously if you concede 2/3 goals in most games.

We actually haven’t improved from last season so far. Let that sink in.

I said this too, you build from the back its that simple. Defence wins you trophies. Am I mad that we bought the players that we did, fuck no, but that defence needed more attention than just BC. Our midfield too is not potent enough, at least one of Ampadu, RB should have stayed.

Just now, Jason said:

Wouldn't be against a bit of Sarriball right now, where we just pass the ball around to death. Might actually help us from pressing the self destruct button!

The funny thing is that we did that today, for like 3 minutes, quite comfortably and that was where I thought this is it, finish the game playing like this. But as I said, they played like this only for 3 minutes. Not until the FT whistle.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Every passing day I’m beginning to think we should had spent our last summer building our defense than our attack.

The two best CB's realistically available last summer were probably Ruben Dias and Nathan Ake and they've hardly tightened City up, have they?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

This tells its own story considering how boring and easy to play against we were under Sarri.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

We even once conceded six goals in one game under Sarri lol

And we went on to concede only 39 league goals that season under Sarri, which is 15 less than last season despite the heaviest loss being 4-0.