Super Frank Thread

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they were not remotely the 2 best available, especially Ake, who is so so overrated

we failed to sell most all of our huge dregs (mainly do to COVID-19 tbf), but IF we had liquidated a tonne

then ALL (not joking) of these could have been bought (not the whole lot all at once obviously, I mean each on an individual cases basis) of the following were within our grasp, IF we had so chosen to buy

we especially could have worked swaps + cash deals

money talks, especially in this window, look at what we did

there are others I could list too, but they would have cost too much (and the first one, Gimenez, is maybe the case as well)

José Giménez   
Kalidou Koulibaly    <<< too old for the money, BUt he was so available, and he is vastly better than Dias or Ake, I am pretty shocked that Manure did not buy him
David Alaba    << deffo was available, it was his wage demands that were insane
Stefan de Vrij   << thsi was his last year, in 2021 he is too old for the cash they will want (he turns 30yo in 15 months)
Milan Skriniar      
Alessio Romagnoli    <<< I may stop listing him, as AC Milan looks headed towards being a top 10 global team, and he has zero reason to leave, we should have bought him 5 years ago, fucking board
Ozan Kabak    
Marash Kumbulla   <<< he was sold
Felipe  (could have been part of a 2-fer with Kante going to AM, and Partey+Felipe coming here) 
Evan N'Dicka    
Edmond Tapsoba

next summer we need to buy two of the following

Dayot Upamecano <<<< MUST Buy

+ José Giménez

or if not Giménez (manly due to his cost),

Matthias Ginter or Evan N'Dicka (left footed) or Edmond Tapsoba

I'm not sure Giminez falls into realistic when you consider the price risk given his injury's and even if he was, was he worth abandoning the chance for Kai? I don't have bonafide evidence but given the money already spent i imagine it was Kai or a CB at that point. Alaba was off the table due to the fact his wage demands would have blown our structure and he appears to want La Liga. Koulibaly would have also been a huge gamble given price, age and wage. De Vrij I've never been to keen on. Upemacano and Tapsoba look really good but at the same time, so did AC at a similar age in that league  (so much so the rumours of us approaching Southampton for a VVD- AC swap left most of this board outraged at the mere suggestion) and we already seem to be committing to one inexperienc in the back line (James), very few teams challenge without atleast 3 experienced opitions in back 4. Skriniar fair enough. I haven't seen enough of the rest so i'll take your word for it. 

Having great scouting system is one thing but it still needs the manager to improve and get the best out of the players he has. Can't say Nagelsmann hasn't done that. 
So you think Nagelsmann can make Kepa, Alonso and AC turn into world class players? Because I don't.

In the end, when Mendy is injured and Silva needs a break, we will still play AC and Kepa again, regardless if it is Nagelsmann or Allegri. Nagelsmann will play Kepa too because he is our 80 million investment, who our board still backs. AC will also have it easier with Nagelsmann because AC speaks German as far as I know.
If we get Nagelsmann, I just hope we will not play 4-4-2 [emoji24]

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

So you think Nagelsmann can make Kepa, Alonso and AC turn into world class players? Because I don't.

In the end, when Mendy is injured and Silva needs a break, we will still play AC and Kepa again, regardless if it is Nagelsmann or Allegri. Nagelsmann will play Kepa too because he is our 80 million investment, who our board still backs. AC will also have it easier with Nagelsmann because AC speaks German as far as I know.
If we get Nagelsmann, I just hope we will not play 4-4-2 emoji24.png

I never said any of that. All I said was Nagelsmann has improved players during his time at Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig. Certainly make them play better than they actually are, similar to what Conte did with players like Moses.

Improving players is a second priority right now - we have immense talent all around except in defense which we will have to spend in Jan or summer to reinforce in any case. We have fundamental problems like ive stated numerous times across the forum which can only be solved with a manager change - we need a manager who has experience at the top level and is tactically strong. Nagelsmann would be a great replacement for Lampard - he is ruining this club. I can't recognize our team anymore. Every game I am unsure if we're going to win or play well, even against bottom feeders. 

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

After that season, they placed ninth place. Favre also got Gladbach into the CL, but nobody here wants Favre and Gladbach at that time were horrible before Favre. They nearly got relegated, Favre came and brought them into CL one season after that.
Also, Hoffenheim have also great scouts like with Firminho and they have a big president with Hopp.

Nagelsmann might work here, because we do not have big names at Chelsea. AVB had to worry about Terry, Lampard and, Drogba, who were AVBs age and those guys did not respect young coaches, who were no names in their professional career. Ramos for instance did not rate Mourinho because Mou was a former low level player. Big players do not respect that, but we do not have big players no more, so Nagelsmann might work here

Terry, Lampard, and Drogba all respected the hell out of Mou

Ramos is a cunt

ZZ hasn't won shit without CR7, other than a league trophy in a weak La Liga season

ZZ only won 1 La Liga tile WITH CR7, and has never won the Copa del Rey

as a player he only won 1 La Liga trophy, and only 3 league titles in his entire career (2 at Juve 1 at RM)

only 1 CL

and ZERO big domestic cups (which is just shocking, he failed very single year to win either the Copa Italia or the Copa del Rey, both as a player, then as a manager)

same for Pep without Messi when it comes to Euro hardware

ZZ as a manager is like the Brasil national team managers from 1958 to 1970, who were carried (other than 1966) by Pele and some other of the greatest players in football history

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chelsea-news.co/2020/10/frank-lampard-reveals-players-failed-follow-instructions-southampton/amp/

Frank Lampard reveals the players failed to follow his instructions for the second half in 3-3 draw

Well, its nice to know that it wasnt part of the original plan to be suckered into Southampton's press.

Terry, Lampard, and Drogba all respected the hell out of Mou
Ramos is a cunt
ZZ hasn't won shit without CR7, other than a league trophy in a weak La Liga season
ZZ only won 1 La Liga tile WITH CR7, and has never won the Copa del Rey
as a player he only won 1 La Liga trophy, and only 3 league titles in his entire career (2 at Juve 1 at RM)
only 1 CL
and ZERO big domestic cups (which is just shocking, he failed very single year to win either the Copa Italia or the Copa del Rey, both as a player, then as a manager)
same for Pep without Messi when it comes to Euro hardware

ZZ as a manager is like the Brasil national team managers from 1958 to 1970, who were carried (other than 1966) by Pele and some other of the greatest players in football history

Zizou in my opinion is a horrible coach, but every player respects him. I agree with you that he is not that great, but big players like Hazard moved to Madrid more or less just because he worshipped him from a young age. I can see Mbappe also going to Real, because he loves Zidane probably too.

Terry, Drogba and Lampard before Mou never won anything significant.
Ramos won for instance europe cup and world cup before Mourinho. When Mou came to Madrid, Ramos ego was something else.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Ramos won for instance europe cup and world cup before Mourinho. When Mou came to Madrid, Ramos ego was something else.

no

Mou was already a double CL winner (should have been fucking 3, fuck Moscow) when he came

Ramos had ZERO CL's and had not even yet won the WC when Mou was appointed

Ramos had 1 European championship with Spain and 2 league titles , zero Copa del Reys, zero CL's

he was not some serial winner at that point (7 years into his topflight career)

now, of course he did win the WC months after Mou was appointed, so that did blow up his ego, but he was hardly the key player on that team

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no

Mou was already a double CL winner (should have been fucking 3, fuck Moscow) when he came

Ramos had ZERO CL's and had not even yet won the WC when Mou was appointed

Ramos had 1 European championship with Spain and 2 league titles , zero Copa del Reys, zero CL's

he was not some serial winner at that point (7 years into his topflight career)

now, of course he did win the WC months after Mou was appointed, so that did blow up his ego, but he was hardly the key player on that team

Mou was sadly not in charge in Moscow. I agree with the point tho. If we hadn’t needlessly offended prime Mou after a few bad result we would have won cL and league in 2008 bc we came super close with Grant who was a worse coach  then eve current Mou

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mou was sadly not in charge in Moscow. I agree with the point tho. If we hadn’t needlessly offended prime Mou after a few bad result we would have won cL and league in 2008 bc we came super close with Grant who was a worse coach  then eve current Mou

yes, I cocked it up

was thinking about 2005 CL semi loss to the bidippers, (as we would beaten Milan in the final, I am convinced of that) and then just jumped to CL final in 2008

still a head scratcher why Mou left in September 2007

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

true, major error, I was thinking about that 2005 semi final versus Liverpool

He would have actually got a medal if we won as he was part of that run even just for one game :lol:

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

At the time I felt the same but in hindsight (how Mou has dealt with loss of form in future jobs one being back here) I'm not so sure. 

We were hopeless going forward that season at the start and that only changed once we brought an attacking coach (Ten Cate) in, something Mou's ego wouldn't have allowed.

At the time I assumed he would have turned it round because he was Mourinho but the fact he couldn't turn it around in future jobs after things went South made me reaccess that opinion somewhat.

Furthermore I don't think Mou was that offended by it (he wouldn't have returned if he was) he seemed pretty relaxed in his interview after he left, almost like he knew all that above at the time himself.

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Weird to think we could've won it if wasnt for the slip.. and up to a bad run was in it for the league...and got to the Carling Cup final...and randomly lost to Barnsley in our FA Cup run.

Swear someone said he was just good for putting out cones..May have been Jose who said that haha.

He didn't inspire you with with confidence..just looked confused all the time..

7 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Weird to think we could've won it if wasnt for the slip.. and up to a bad run was in it for the league...and got to the Carling Cup final...and randomly lost to Barnsley in our FA Cup run.

Swear someone said he was just good for putting out cones..May have been Jose who said that haha.

He didn't inspire you with with confidence..just looked confused all the time..

Now that i think about it, it's fair to say we choked that season, we could have won the PL, CL and LC. It was all in our hands, i remember after we beat the mancs at the Bridge with 2 Ballack goals, we just had to win 2 other games to be crowned champions, but we drew with Wigan and Bolton at home <_<. In the CL final we were on the ascendancy after our equalizer and should have won in extra time, the penalty slip by Terry was very unfortunate (fuck United :middlefinger:). The league cup final against Spurs, the less said the better, we gifted those cunts their only trophy in God knows how many years until now. I know things happen for a reason, otherwise there wouldn't have been Munich 2012, etc, but what could have been in 2008... sigh