Didier Drogba

DYC.

People talk about goal poachers as if it something inherently wrong or bad. Poachers usually have an amazing positional sense and superb finishing. Sometimes they will score goals that look easy because they will be in the right place at the right time to begin with. Some of the greatest players in the world were or could be considered goal poachers. Romario, Gerd Müller and Puskás come to mind. It doesn't mean their overall game has to be bad either, it just mean it is hardly outstanding. Chicharito has average link up and passing skills but he's clever in his runs, has good positioning, pace and finishing. I'd be happy to have him as our second striker, he's miles better than Torres and offers something different from Drogba. If he's willing to play under the shadow of Costa and price is right I don't see why not.

At this point our backup striker should indeed be poacher with decent skill set. But more poacher than creator, because we have plenty of creators in attack, but very few quality finishers. Apart from Costa and maybe Schurrle, no other is natural finisher (Drogba also but he is quite old).

Therefore Destro, Chicha, Bony or Remy whoever can score goals will suit us great. We need poacher more than a striker who might be realy good dribbler, but needs 8 shots to score a goal. A backup who will add those 10/15 goals from bench would be great.

At this point our backup striker should indeed be poacher with decent skill set. But more poacher than creator, because we have plenty of creators in attack, but very few quality finishers. Apart from Costa and maybe Schurrle, no other is natural finisher (Drogba also but he is quite old).

Therefore Destro, Chicha, Bony or Remy whoever can score goals will suit us great. We need poacher more than a striker who might be realy good dribbler, but needs 8 shots to score a goal. A backup who will add those 10/15 goals from bench would be great.

I agree. Now that we have Fabregas and hence more creativity to our game, I'm more interested in someone who can score than someone who can create upfront. Aside from that, Chicharito has a tendency to show up when coming from the bench, he used to score a lot of late goals for United and I quite like that.

I believe that Diego Costa can become better that Didier. I have written an article on it, which can be found at the address below.

http://blogchelseafc.cf

lol. Different player and style. Drogba is a legend already. You cannot become better than a legend, you can only become a legend on your own terms.

^^ this is coming from a torres fan.

that pass to rambo should be telling off his class. if DD had needed to run and if we were 1-1 or 0-0, you would have seen a different performance.

But you have to admit that he just walked there, he was really like 60 years old man. And relax, you dont have to be angry and start talking about Torres

didierdrogba

7 minutes ago

Mario: u see bro im back to the Premierleague football DD11: Told you bro, it's the best league in the world Looool Welcome back to England @mb459 and all the best to you. #supermario #comeback #premierleague #proudofhim #newchallenge

• 4 weeks later...