Christian Pulisic

the wes

2 hours ago, manpe said:

We could do much worse than someone like Pulisic being a media machine. He is actually a useful squad player. If he accepts that he won't be playing every game, then having players like him is good for the team. It's not like he's completely wank, it is being overly exaggerated. He's simply inconsistent, but on his day he can be a handful for the opponent. You can't expect a squad player to be consistently world class, if he was he'd be a definite starter. But I'm good with having him as long as he accepts his role in the team and if Tuchel won't be forced to use him more.

But there inlies the problem, his Dad pretty much let slip he won't (with that tweet he deleted).

47 minutes ago, Tomo said:

But there inlies the problem, his Dad pretty much let slip he won't (with that tweet he deleted).

Who cares what someone's dad says, is he a child or smth? If he doesn't like it then he better earn his way into the starting eleven or he's free to leave.

19 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

Pulisic in LFC? I really want to see it. It will end up in two ways:
- he will be shit same as here
- he will improve a lot and we will see how offensive system(Klopp style) influ on players

If the second point happened why would you want to see that.

I think that's certainly the concern for any Chelsea fan, that in the last few years Liverpool have got very few transfers wrong (of all the big money signings they've made I'd probably argue Keita is the only real disappointment and poor buy they've made). They probably see the same thing that most Chelsea fans see in Pulisic - the potential underneath, it's just incredibly frustrating that he doesn't produce consistently.

I wouldn't be selling Liverpool anyone at present.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulisic has been asked to attend the World Cup Venue announcement. It is thought Philly might be a city now as he is from Pennsylvania. Atlanta looks nailed on as a city, so I look forward to whatever matches are held there.

I don’t understand? Atlanta has great infrastructure for matches? You can land at the airport, Marta (Atlanta’s subway) to your hotel, Marta to Mercedes Benz stadium, Marta back to the hotel and airport. You never need a cab or uber? There is a massive Marta station at the base of Benz? 

Driving to games can be a pain, but we found a great parking lot at the base of the parking lot ramp where people tailgate for hours before and after a game. We just come early and stay late with the tailgating crowd. 

11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don’t understand? Atlanta has great infrastructure for matches? You can land at the airport, Marta (Atlanta’s subway) to your hotel, Marta to Mercedes Benz stadium, Marta back to the hotel and airport. You never need a cab or uber? There is a massive Marta station at the base of Benz? 

Driving to games can be a pain, but we found a great parking lot at the base of the parking lot ramp where people tailgate for hours before and after a game. We just come early and stay late with the tailgating crowd. 

Marta is god awful and anything besides a very specific destination requires a car as the city is unwalkable and traffic is horrific.

Hmmm, I have enjoyed Marta for 30 years. If we do an extended stay we get a business hotel on the north loop that gives awesome rates on the weekend and Marta everywhere. Going to any event on Marta, the Marta cars will be packed with people going to the event, but that would be the same in New York, Chicago, etc. Thirty years and I have never had a problem. In Chicago we have to be very careful what stops to avoid.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Hmmm, I have enjoyed Marta for 30 years. If we do an extended stay we get a business hotel on the north loop that gives awesome rates on the weekend and Marta everywhere. Going to any event on Marta, the Marta cars will be packed with people going to the event, but that would be the same in New York, Chicago, etc. Thirty years and I have never had a problem. In Chicago we have to be very careful what stops to avoid.

I guess it all depends on where you lived as I enjoyed Chicago trains when I go up there.

The thing about Marta is that its just so threadbare. You have a few specific points but anything to really go somewhere requires a car or uber. The northern suburbs is pretty far away from anything too as North Springs/Sandy Springs are just offices separated by interstates from boring suburbs and going in the city takes just as long in many cases outside the line. Growing up you couldn't even get to a braves game via the rail long before they moved out to Cobb County.

You have to avoid certain stops on Marta also(Oakland City,Vine City, College Park, Bankhead). 

Yeah, it takes knowing Atlanta, as it is pockets of interest and then a lot of crap I never go to. Mercedes Benz is a pretty straight forward destination on Marta. That stadium is magnificent, it will host games for sure. I absolutely love what Arthur Blank did to the concessions compared to Georgia Dome. 

Today’s piece in The Athletic says he won’t be signing an extension so his options are to play out his run and/or hope for a transfer. Given the number of times he has been described on this thread as “shit,” and his role in putting CFC into the CL a couple of times, it’s not surprising that he would want to move on. The clip at the top of this page shows that he still has quality, and TT still values him as an impact sub, so he will get some minutes. But probably best for all concerned if a move can be arranged.

On 17/06/2022 at 19:51, DanP2311 said:

Today’s piece in The Athletic says he won’t be signing an extension so his options are to play out his run and/or hope for a transfer. Given the number of times he has been described on this thread as “shit,” and his role in putting CFC into the CL a couple of times, it’s not surprising that he would want to move on. The clip at the top of this page shows that he still has quality, and TT still values him as an impact sub, so he will get some minutes. But probably best for all concerned if a move can be arranged.

If he wants to move on because he was rightly criticised for his performances then I'll drive him to his new club myself.

I still don't really understand a scale of hate on this guy. Wonder if it's justified or people are just riding on the "marketing buy" sentiment.

He had never been a top player, not sure if he ever had a potential to become one. He's rather a type of talented team player, yet to develop, very intelligent and likeable guy with good work ethic, probably financially attractive, who impacted some very important moments for us, so why not give him some slack? 

If anyone expected him to be a second Mbappe, well then, there's you problem. Personally I'm more let down with Zyiech's expectations vs delivery at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I still don't really understand a scale of hate on this guy. Wonder if it's justified or people are just riding on the "marketing buy" sentiment.

He had never been a top player, not sure if he ever had a potential to become one. He's rather a type of talented team player, yet to develop, very intelligent and likeable guy with good work ethic, probably financially attractive, who impacted some very important moments for us, so why not give him some slack? 

If anyone expected him to be a second Mbappe, well then, there's you problem. Personally I'm more let down with Zyiech's expectations vs delivery at the moment.

There's no "hate", he's just being rightly criticised for two years worth of diabolical performances, his bottom level (which was seen far too often) has been worse than any of the other attackers.

His credit for the restart period can only stretch so far. You say he's being overcritisised for the marketing thing well frankly I'd counter that with he's still being over defended and protected based on a run of form in what was effectively a semi pre season.

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

It's not hate, it's a general dislike from fans that buying him has brought with it (and this is in no way a dig to the American's on this forum) a fan following of people that either have no real interest in Chelsea but an interest in Pulisic/USMNT, or no real great interest in football but an interest in Pulisic because he's the most identifiable American playing soccer.

There's too many people that see him put a top performance in against Haiti or the Solomon Islands and think he must be the greatest player in the history of the sport. 

Even people you'd expect to have a shred of knowledge or understanding like ex footballers seem to hype him like he's too good for Chelsea. He can't help this and I'm sure would rather not have it, but it's infuriating when you see countless streams of Pulisic fan boys on social media question why he isn't playing, or excuse his form because Tuchel apparently plays him wing back every game.

He is what most of our attackers are, on his day fantastic but most days forgettable.

For me beyond Mount and Havertz, all of our attackers are dispensable but there are others I think I would sell before him. (like you mentioned with Ziyech for example) He has shown what he is capable of doing but that is now 2 years ago. He has to become more consistent and decisive.

He definitely needs to sign a new deal though this summer or be sold. We can't go into the last 12/18 months of his deal.

• 1 month later...