Christian Pulisic

the wes

38 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

this old really fast. He was really bad today vs second squad of Udinese. USA fans hype him to much. He is average

Some USA fans perhaps. It is an incredibly large country with a very diverse fan base. We have quite a few Americans on TC and you don’t hear this type of talk. I want him to do well, but he has to earn it. I want every Chelsea player to do well. 

34 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Some USA fans perhaps. It is an incredibly large country with a very diverse fan base. We have quite a few Americans on TC and you don’t hear this type of talk. I want him to do well, but he has to earn it. I want every Chelsea player to do well. 

Yeah of course on a platform like here you're more likely to have 'real' Chelsea fans to go to the time and effort to discuss things on a forum regardless of their nationality and that's why people shouldn't be generalised in such a way as "American fans overate Pulisic".

On social media platforms like Twitter it's a minefield and unfortunately you get a lot of people on there who will back Pulisic as the captain and pin up of the national team and to be honest whoever he was playing for would probably get the same backlash if he wasn't playing regularly. 

Every Chelsea fan wants him to do well but the longer it goes on, the more that run just after lockdown looks more like a purple patch than a standard he can regularly and reliably reach. His raw numbers at Dortmund in terms of goals and assists were never anything to rave about and unfortunately his numbers at Chelsea seem to have remained fairly consistent with his Dortmund numbers rather than breaking into the next level.

Last season it felt like there were two places up for grabs alongside Mount in the front 3 because no one was really making a spot their own. This season it'll regularly be one plus Mount and Sterling in my opinion. Unless there's a dramatic shift, I think he'll struggle for minutes more this season than last.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah of course on a platform like here you're more likely to have 'real' Chelsea fans to go to the time and effort to discuss things on a forum regardless of their nationality and that's why people shouldn't be generalised in such a way as "American fans overate Pulisic".

On social media platforms like Twitter it's a minefield and unfortunately you get a lot of people on there who will back Pulisic as the captain and pin up of the national team and to be honest whoever he was playing for would probably get the same backlash if he wasn't playing regularly. 

Every Chelsea fan wants him to do well but the longer it goes on, the more that run just after lockdown looks more like a purple patch than a standard he can regularly and reliably reach. His raw numbers at Dortmund in terms of goals and assists were never anything to rave about and unfortunately his numbers at Chelsea seem to have remained fairly consistent with his Dortmund numbers rather than breaking into the next level.

Last season it felt like there were two places up for grabs alongside Mount in the front 3 because no one was really making a spot their own. This season it'll regularly be one plus Mount and Sterling in my opinion. Unless there's a dramatic shift, I think he'll struggle for minutes more this season than last.

I think it would be best for his career to play in Italy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Dumbfounded" Christian Pulisic details how Thomas Tuchel misled him at Chelsea

The American international quickly fell out of favour at Stamford Bridge under the reign of Champions League winning manager Thomas Tuchel and has now told his side of the story

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-pulisic-tuchel-dropped-claim-28040213

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

"Dumbfounded" Christian Pulisic details how Thomas Tuchel misled him at Chelsea

The American international quickly fell out of favour at Stamford Bridge under the reign of Champions League winning manager Thomas Tuchel and has now told his side of the story

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-pulisic-tuchel-dropped-claim-28040213

Get him the hell away from the club. What a spoiled little prick, clearly thinks he's much better than he actually is.

5 hours ago, Jype said:

Get him the hell away from the club. What a spoiled little prick, clearly thinks he's much better than he actually is.

This is probably going to end up a worse situation than Lukaku.

As much of a wanker as Rom is atleast he has something resembling a resume (goal record at different clubs) to slap on the table even if it wasn't nearly enough to justify the role he wanted here. Pulisic on the other hand has been a meh player his entire career and is behaving like this (with his minions not far behind).

It actually in a way makes me respect the likes of Bakayoko, atleast he has some self awareness to just trip over the ball and go home, the PR levels for this guy however is disgusting.

On 21/08/2022 at 18:42, blahblahblah said:

Cant disagree one bit. Specially the last comment.

Its utterly rubbish. He's had many chances in similar games to those he would have apparently "rewarded us with goals and assists" and he's been absolutely shit.

I've never known a player who's done so little so be so protected with excuses since Torres. Callum is better than him in every way bar finishing and gets absolutely crucified.

Edited by Tomo

24 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Selling Werner and keeping Pulisic and Ziyech has been the biggest mistake by far this summer. I'm confident we would've had at least a couple more points with him.

Werner was the one sold because he's the only one that attracted a decent permanent transfer fee...and Leipzig know that Werner will have more than enough space in the Bundesliga to create chances/score goals. 

If someone offered in the 30 million range for Pulisic or Ziyech, I doubt they would be at Chelsea sitting on the bench right now.  Even when Milan were rumored to be in for Ziyech, it was a loan and the club weren't keen after Milan's track record with Bakayoko. 

34 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Selling Werner and keeping Pulisic and Ziyech has been the biggest mistake by far this summer. I'm confident we would've had at least a couple more points with him.

Atleast with Ziyech we can hope for a couple of months of form like we got last January/February and his early spell under Frank.

Pulisic may aswell come on waving a white flag.

Edited by Tomo

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If someone offered in the 30 million range for Pulisic or Ziyech, I doubt they would be at Chelsea sitting on the bench right now.  Even when Milan were rumored to be in for Ziyech, it was a loan and the club weren't keen after Milan's track record with Bakayoko. 

Yep. With Ziyech there were lots of rumors about interest from Milan and Ajax but neither club were willing to take him on a permanent transfer and only insisted on a loan with a buy option.

Same for Pulisic too. Newcastle held a serious interest throughout the summer and even Man Utd sent out some feelers but both clubs were only ever interested in a loan. In the case of Pulisic a loan would have made even less sense than with Ziyech due to the fact he only had two years left on his deal and would have been on his last year after the loan spell.

Milan may be broke but Newcastle, Man Utd and Ajax (following the sale of Antony) certainly had the required money to do a permanent deal so the club were definitely right to play hardball over these players and demand a permanent move or no deal. As much as I want both players gone ASAP I think moving on from Marina's "loan and forget" model seems like a better direction for the long term future of the club. This summer we already got rid of many unwanted players permanently but there's still a few to sort out in the coming windows, including Pulisic and Ziyech. 

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Yep. With Ziyech there were lots of rumors about interest from Milan and Ajax but neither club were willing to take him on a permanent transfer and only insisted on a loan with a buy option.

Same for Pulisic too. Newcastle held a serious interest throughout the summer and even Man Utd sent out some feelers but both clubs were only ever interested in a loan. In the case of Pulisic a loan would have made even less sense than with Ziyech due to the fact he only had two years left on his deal and would have been on his last year after the loan spell.

Milan may be broke but Newcastle, Man Utd and Ajax (following the sale of Antony) certainly had the required money to do a permanent deal so the club were definitely right to play hardball over these players and demand a permanent move or no deal. As much as I want both players gone ASAP I think moving on from Marina's "loan and forget" model seems like a better direction for the long term future of the club. This summer we already got rid of many unwanted players permanently but there's still a few to sort out in the coming windows, including Pulisic and Ziyech. 

That's right, we've managed to get rid of some of the 'deadwood' from the squad in Barkley, Emerson, Drinkwater.   Will be interesting to see whether Potter can get Pulisic into some sort of form as we all know he has the talent to create chances and I miss seeing our wingers/attackers take on the opposition and make them look like fools (haven't really had that since Hazard left). 

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Thomas Tuchel may 'have words with other managers' to ruin 'babyish' Chelsea star's career

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1672810/Chelsea-Thomas-Tuchel-Graham-Potter-sack-manager-Premier-League-Champions-League

Wouldn't what TT is going to do be even more babyish?