Christian Pulisic

the wes

5 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I really don’t have a problem with the guy that you seem to have. Im not sure what exactly I am defending in your eyes? He is a Chelsea player, I want all Chelsea players to perform at their best. 

Of course we all want him and every Chels player to come good and play their best and not get inured, but many of us are flat out of patience with Captain Murica.

I was against the buy from the beginning (my long ago 'marketing buy' comment for which I got a bit of stick, plus a post showing his lack of production at Dortmund), so at least I have consistency on my side.

I was even more against Ziyech, as (other than GKers and some superior CMF types like De Jong and Gravenberch) I simply do not trust most Dutch league players unless they are youth prospects on the cheap, plus we bought him at a bad age (he is 30yo in a few months and his value will drop even more).

I would much rather go happy hunting in the Belgian league, as the prices are cheaper and the clubs are easier to deal with on balance, and tbh, they grab a tonne of French and African youngsters, etc, who seem to pan out more in the Big 5 leagues. 

• 2 months later...

After researching some stats on Transfermarkt I realized that managers are to blame for his performances.

Pulisic for Chelsea played 133 games. 47 as LW and in those games he scored 15g and had 8a. 47 games but minutes equal to 35 games (3155mins).  This is good contribution for a winger. His all best games came as a LW mostly with Frank.

In other 86 games when he played RW, AM, SS, RM and CF he scored 11 goals. For example he never scored a goal for Chelsea as RW.

This season he played just 2 games as LW and and ofc this is when his only goal came.

Last season shocking stat - 38 games just 3 as LW! So it is very easy to see what happened to him. After putting great performances for FL as LW, Tuchel and now Potter decided to change position and he is not the same player since.

Not a surprise he is shining again for USA on WC as LW. And when he moves to a rival and starts delivering as LW we will ask what happened? I will tell you, we have fucking amateurs for managers. This is what happened.

I am so angry about this. We had tons of attacking players last couple of years and not single one is delivering. For sure it is not theirs fault. It is a system. It is impossible that all Werner, Pulisic, Havertz, Sterling, Ziyech an so on do not deliver after they did before...

People now say oh sell Pulisic, sell Havertz... And what? We will get Nkunku, Leao for example, whoever and it would be the same story. Lukaku and Werner left and nothing change. We are even worse in fact...

Because of the potential Puli and Kai have, they are the last one I would consider to sell. Ziyech, Auba, Mount, Sterling should go first. Ziyech is 30 soon and does not care, Auba is done, Sterling could maybe do something if we provide system but I did not rate him even in City... Mount has no business in attack but even moving him back in MF would not solve anything because players like him (with managers) are the reason why our attackers cannot do shit. Zero creativity.

I hope things change here soon.

Edited by NikkiCFC

• 3 weeks later...

Gains from trade. He is far more valuable right now as a sale asset than he is to Chelsea. He did all this stuff you see in these charts from the left wing. He will never play ahead of Stirling out there, and if Leao (sp?) is coming all the more reason to sell now.

F3B3AA6D-D49A-46FD-9C98-12F055ABC9EF.jpeg

4 hours ago, DanP2311 said:

Gains from trade. He is far more valuable right now as a sale asset than he is to Chelsea. He did all this stuff you see in these charts from the left wing. He will never play ahead of Stirling out there, and if Leao (sp?) is coming all the more reason to sell now.

F3B3AA6D-D49A-46FD-9C98-12F055ABC9EF.jpeg

That Musiala number is cray, as it is only 3 games and for a much weaker side than France or Argentina

On 21/12/2022 at 02:21, Vesper said:

That Musiala number is cray, as it is only 3 games and for a much weaker side than France or Argentina

Tbf he takes on more than 1 man at a time so his dribbles past come in multiples. Still needs to work on his end product.

2 hours ago, Hashishi said:

Still needs to work on his end product.

wish he could work on that here

in a couple years

imagine him and Nkunku as a front two pair!!!

Moukoko and Omari and Datro Fofana in rotation

4 3 1 2

Arsen Zakharyan hopefully eventually in the Number 10 hole behind them (Omari as rotation there as well, plus maybe Carney)

Tchou at DMF and Bellingham (or Enzo) (remember this is fantasy, so those 3 are super unlikely in reality, so say Lavia and Manu Kone at DMF, or Moises Caicedo. fuck Rice, then and one of the next listed as one of the two more forward CMFs ) + Mount (or one of the youngsters (Casadei, Carney, Santos) we have purchased if Mounts bails over wages) as the 2 more forward CMFs (by then Kova will be past 30yo and winding down a bit)

Reece and either Chilwell or CuCu as the fullbacks (Zak Sturge in rotation as well if he comes good), plus say, Vanderson or Livramento

Skriniar and Gvardiol as the CBs, Trevoh Chalobah and a fully recovered (hopefully!) Wesley Fofana in rotation, plus hopefully Colwill

Oblak (or if he as good as he could be, Slonina) as GK

sigh

Edited by Vesper

• 3 weeks later...

Christian is a stand up guy. A genuinely well brought up kid.... his parents did well but unfortunately, he just isn't the answerr for this club. 

He has to be let go in the summer and I will wish him all the best.