Christian Pulisic

the wes

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

MLS teams could not afford his contract. He plays primarily on the left or 10 for the USMNT. I imagine his comments had more to do with being played in those games as a false nine, which he is never going to do well.

He did well v Juventus in a false 9/central position did he not? He can’t have it both ways. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He did well v Juventus in a false 9/central position did he not? He can’t have it both ways. 

I think Juve were just not good moreso than Pulisic being anything special. He has lost his burst and confidence since the injury he sustained with the USMNT. He was a shell of his former play for the USMNT and pulled at 60 minutes last night. El Salvador shifted their defence to the center and left to stop him, which opened it up for Mckennie and Dest on the right and that is where the attack came from all night. He has to get his game back, but he really doesnt talk shit like Lukaku. He is a pretty humble guy. 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

MLS teams could not afford his contract. He plays primarily on the left or 10 for the USMNT. I imagine his comments had more to do with being played in those games as a false nine, which he is never going to do well.

Pretty sure he meant those games that he played at wing back as well. 

These are the conditions that Iron Christian Pulisic is playing in tonight. Get the medical staff on alert.

The National Weather Service (NWS) forecast a low of minus-13 for the qualifying game between the USMNT and Honduras at St. Paul, with a northwest wind up to 10 mph. The game is expected to be played in extreme weather conditions because FIFA doesn’t have any rules about playing in extreme cold.

If the NWS is correct about the freezing temperatures, the game on Wednesday between the United States and Honduras will beat the coldest Major League Soccer game in history. The record was set on 20 February of 2018 between the Colorado Rapids and Toronto FC and it was three degrees with a wind chill of -16 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quietly efficient. Maybe it is just one of his purple patches again but he is finishing chances had would have wasted before. Also has not been injured for quite a while. The thing is he is way more useful in the 1vs1 than werner.

But even if he stays and Timo leaves, we need more fast, 1vs1 dribblers who can stay on their feet. Liverpool are so strong cos they have 5 of those and can use them interchangeably.

At least that everlasting dream of USA tour with him is edging closer provided we survive as a club.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Quietly efficient. Maybe it is just one of his purple patches again but he is finishing chances had would have wasted before. Also has not been injured for quite a while. The thing is he is way more useful in the 1vs1 than werner.

But even if he stays and Timo leaves, we need more fast, 1vs1 dribblers who can stay on their feet. Liverpool are so strong cos they have 5 of those and can use them interchangeably.

At least that everlasting dream of USA tour with him is edging closer provided we survive as a club.

Before this sale happened I read they woul play a preseason game in Orlando. Four hour drive for me and we would do Sea World….. We have done Disney too many times when my wife was a manager there.