Christian Pulisic

the wes

All I see is that this guy create chances but misses them. He also gets into scoring positions but misses the chances that comes. If I am his coach, I wouldn't think of selling such a player but instead correct that small error. Mount was doing same earlier part of the season but improved massively. This guy's potential is really huge. Just the right twerk is needed. I prefer to work on a player who create chances, steps into goal scoring positions but misses goals than someone whose game play hardly gets him into regular goal scoring positions.

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

Problem is for me, we've seen the levels of potential exponential increase very very few times in the last two season's. Admittedly one of those times was a UCL semi but there's only so long even that can give you credit in the bank.

With Pulisic we're seeing major issues that very rarely get fixed with age. His vision is non existent and he has a real inability to see anything beyond 10-20 yards of him not to mention how often he fails to release the ball at the right time and that's if he's getting involved in the game atall (I have lost count in the amount of times I've forgot he was even playing). Players who have had those issues at a similar age just tend to go on an endless cycle of mini spells but largely flattering to decieve (Walcott, SWP, Willian etc).

I would agree but equally I would say that Ziyech, CHO and Werner suffer from these types of issues too but in more some ways than others. I do think 1 of them needs to go, maybe 2 but I am not sure Pulisic should be one of those 1 or 2. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I would agree but equally I would say that Ziyech, CHO and Werner suffer from these types of issues too but in more some ways than others. I do think 1 of them needs to go, maybe 2 but I am not sure Pulisic should be one of those 1 or 2. 

If it comes to that, I did recommend Ziyech due to age. Others still have a chance to improve massively. Let's assume Werner, Pulisic and CHO takes 90% of the chances they get, their stats will suddenly look unreal. That is just the thin line btw these guys and the likes of Salah, Mane etc. Determination to finish chances and good precision in front of goal. The more u score the more confidence and composure u develop. 

I know some big misses have caused some people to be down about Pulisic, something that didn’t happen with those big misses by Mount in the FA Cup. He is young and can still improve, I get the big game disappointment, but the numbers do not support the shit he has been receiving. 

12 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I know some big misses have caused some people to be down about Pulisic, something that didn’t happen with those big misses by Mount in the FA Cup. He is young and can still improve, I get the big game disappointment, but the numbers do not support the shit he has been receiving. 

21 and 19% are still rather poor rates. Our whole team is terrible in finishing no excuses

18 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

21 and 19% are still rather poor rates. Our whole team is terrible in finishing no excuses

Particularly compared to our competition...

Salah - 51%

Mane - 45%

Jota - 44%

Diaz - 40%

Firmino - 38%

https://one-versus-one.com/

I stand by saying we need two in and three out. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Particularly compared to our competition...

Salah - 51%

Mane - 45%

Jota - 44%

Diaz - 40%

Firmino - 38%

https://one-versus-one.com/

I stand by saying we need two in and three out. 

Surely those conversion rates aren't as high as that.

I thought I saw somewhere that Salah was relatively comparable, around 17-18%.

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Surely those conversion rates aren't as high as that.

I thought I saw somewhere that Salah was relatively comparable, around 17-18%.

Yeah Salah averages 4 shots per game, there is no way that is accurate.

Edited by Clockwork

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He's effectively the best of a bad bunch, so those stats don't mean much.

5 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Hmm., but doesn't say how many chances those players are involved in. 

Guarantee that Mount and Havertz have been involved in more games and chances.

3 hours ago, DanP2311 said:

Hope the parties can arrange a transfer. I think the bulk of Chelsea fans will be happier with that, and so will the bulk of Christian Pulisic fans.

He is going to be Boehly’s media machine in growing the Chelsea brand in the US. Even before Boehly the game plugs were not Chelsea vs Arsenal at 10am. It was Christian Pulisic and Chelsea take on Arsenal at 10am. I think they will take it further with Boehly. With the access Boehly’s group gives ESPN and Fox Sports to their other teams, they will probably get more attention for Pulisic and Chelsea. Growing a brand is going to be job #1 for his group in the US. It might even influence Dest coming. 

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He is going to be Boehly’s media machine in growing the Chelsea brand in the US. Even before Boehly the game plugs were not Chelsea vs Arsenal at 10am. It was Christian Pulisic and Chelsea take on Arsenal at 10am. I think they will take it further with Boehly. With the access Boehly’s group gives ESPN and Fox Sports to their other teams, they will probably get more attention for Pulisic and Chelsea. Growing a brand is going to be job #1 for his group in the US. It might even influence Dest coming. 

We could do much worse than someone like Pulisic being a media machine. He is actually a useful squad player. If he accepts that he won't be playing every game, then having players like him is good for the team. It's not like he's completely wank, it is being overly exaggerated. He's simply inconsistent, but on his day he can be a handful for the opponent. You can't expect a squad player to be consistently world class, if he was he'd be a definite starter. But I'm good with having him as long as he accepts his role in the team and if Tuchel won't be forced to use him more.

Edited by manpe