Christian Pulisic

the wes

Why the fucks he writing a book already? What an egotistic little little man. Focus on what your good at.. or well could be good at.

Get your finger out your arse, get fitter and stronger, stop letting dad convince you you’re the best player alive/are a certain starter etc and do the work.

I mean if a manager says one thing and then does another maybe you should question why, did your training level or application drop? Did someone else out train you? Was there a tactical reason etc? 

If we as a club keep hold of Pulisic beyond the world cup or the end of this season for any reason other than consistently good performances then we have seriously succumbed to proper idiotic non footballing decisions. I mean I already have next to no faith with this new owner and undoubtedly he will probably see his fellow countryman as extremely marketable.  

Edited by OneMoSalah

I went looking to see if I could find how much this Pulisic book deal was worth. It is rumored to be at $19M advance. It is not uncommon for celebrity book deals to have a $15M advance. So he is cashing in early so he can cash in several more times in the future.

41 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I went looking to see if I could find how much this Pulisic book deal was worth. It is rumored to be at $19M advance. It is not uncommon for celebrity book deals to have a $15M advance. So he is cashing in early so he can cash in several more times in the future.

Yeah but he’s 24 years old. And has achieved next to nothing in his whole career really. I mean he has 5 trophies but wasn’t a key figure in any of the teams bar the US national team in the Nations League…

I mean if it were Messi, aged 24, writing a book about his life and career so far. Ok yes. Or someone who’s career has been of some sort of substance. Or broken records. But not someone who breaks down after playing 2 games a week or doesnt play/misses half a season every season…

Cashing in or not to think at 24, ok I’ve done enough I can write a book and then to go after a manager whilst he’s still got to play for 10 years yet. I mean its egotistical, its narcissistic and quite frankly, its ridiculously naive. Whoever has advised him (his father undoubtedly again) is ridiculously naive also and he really should look at getting someone else to help him with his career off the field, someone without as much of a personal or emotional bound.

I think a lot of people here and across the fanbase will be “dumbfounded” and “disappointed” he’s felt the need to write a tell all book when he’s been a full time professional adult footballer for maybe 7 seasons, wouldn’t you agree?

Maybe he will have a better career writing books than as a footballer - I am not surprised TT and Boehly were both keen to get rid of him in the summer. Its as bad as Torres complaining after we won the CL in 2012 because he didn’t start the final. What he has got in terms of medals is scarce but the ones he has here is because he’s been a part of this group, not the other way around - I think he forgets that he’s lucky to still be here.

Edited by OneMoSalah

He is a pretty big star on the National team where he started his caps at 16. He has a rather huge following in the US. I wouldn’t compare him to any top player. He definitely has the audience for this. These guys careers are short even when they are long in a footballing sense. Get all you can, while you can.

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah but he’s 24 years old. And has achieved next to nothing in his whole career really. I mean he has 5 trophies but wasn’t a key figure in any of the teams bar the US national team in the Nations League…

I mean if it were Messi, aged 24, writing a book about his life and career so far. Ok yes. Or someone who’s career has been of some sort of substance. Or broken records. But not someone who breaks down after playing 2 games a week or doesnt play/misses half a season every season…

Cashing in or not to think at 24, ok I’ve done enough I can write a book and then to go after a manager whilst he’s still got to play for 10 years yet. I mean its egotistical, its narcissistic and quite frankly, its ridiculously naive. Whoever has advised him (his father undoubtedly again) is ridiculously naive also and he really should look at getting someone else to help him with his career off the field, someone without as much of a personal or emotional bound.

I think a lot of people here and across the fanbase will be “dumbfounded” and “disappointed” he’s felt the need to write a tell all book when he’s been a full time professional adult footballer for maybe 7 seasons, wouldn’t you agree?

Maybe he will have a better career writing books than as a footballer - I am not surprised TT and Boehly were both keen to get rid of him in the summer. Its as bad as Torres complaining after we won the CL in 2012 because he didn’t start the final. What he has got in terms of medals is scarce but the ones he has here is because he’s been a part of this group, not the other way around - I think he forgets that he’s lucky to still be here.

Considering his fan following and the general hype surrounding Pulisic in the USA and him being touted as the Lebron James of soccer....I can totally see why he wrote a book.

Maybe he just wants to cash in now as football careers are short and there's zero guarantees that he'll be playing for a top club in a few seasons time.  Who was the last USA based player to be in a top tier league for a long period of time, the only ones I recall are GK's in Howard, Friedel.  

50 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Considering his fan following and the general hype surrounding Pulisic in the USA and him being touted as the Lebron James of soccer....I can totally see why he wrote a book.

Maybe he just wants to cash in now as football careers are short and there's zero guarantees that he'll be playing for a top club in a few seasons time.  Who was the last USA based player to be in a top tier league for a long period of time, the only ones I recall are GK's in Howard, Friedel.  

I'd go a step further and say he probably knows he won't. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'd go a step further and say he probably knows he won't. 

Yep. If he was still widely considered a player with elite potential, let alone already good enough to be a key player for a top club, there would have been plenty of takers lining up to get him in the past transfer window.

It's quite telling that the club most interested in signing him was Newcastle, who may well have top ambitions but won't get there for a few years at least. Even they weren't willing to invest in a permanent transfer for him, and judging by the €70M deal for Isak it definitely wasn't for the lack of money either.

Despite his inflated ego and popularity in his native USA he's just not a very good player. There is still a small off-chance that in a new club environment he will blossom into the player he was hyped to become a few years ago but it's definitely not going to happen at Chelsea so best for everyone he's moved on.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Pulisic was injured in training before today's match against Japan. No details given about the injury other than they doubt he will play in any of the remaining matches.

ffs

so sick of this shit

he is made of glass

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Pulisic was injured in training before today's match against Japan. No details given about the injury other than they doubt he will play in any of the remaining matches.

When does Pulisic not get injured?   

23 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Italian clubs want loans and loans were rejected immediately. There was loan interest.

No Juventus apparently rejected the notion of him or Timo in a swap deal for de Ligt. Nothing to do with loans or not.

Why do you seem to be defending him 🤣

He was even linked to United and that never dame to fruition (obviously they are stupid but not that stupid) and we priced Newcastle out of a move.

He is finished here effectively, if he’s still here next season then we have lost the plot. 

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No Juventus apparently rejected the notion of him or Timo in a swap deal for de Ligt. Nothing to do with loans or not.

Why do you seem to be defending him 🤣

He was even linked to United and that never dame to fruition (obviously they are stupid but not that stupid) and we priced Newcastle out of a move.

He is finished here effectively, if he’s still here next season then we have lost the plot. 

I really don’t have a problem with the guy that you seem to have. Im not sure what exactly I am defending in your eyes? He is a Chelsea player, I want all Chelsea players to perform at their best.