Joe Cole

the wes

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Was easily one of my favourite players. At that time it didn't feel out of place for me to place him in the same bracket with Lamps and JT, felt like a true blue. A shame he got so much stick in his later years with us. Sure he was past it and laden with injuries iirc, but always a model pro who loved the club and gave everything. Even after being long gone, he still gave us Hazard! :wub:

Was one of the reasons I grew up appreciating Chelsea, because of players like him (and Duff, Robben, Lamps, JT, Drogba, Gudjohnsen). Was fun to watch that amazing team and ultimately grew loyal to the club (I'm still here aren't I :D) .

Still remember that amazing goal he scored in that title-winning game against United in 2006. It was so good I remember it like it was yesterday. Usually my memory is bad with stuff in so distant past, but this was special and one of my brightest memories from that era.

Take a bow son! LEGEND!

Joe Cole....the happy days. He had some of that joga bonito about him and was always entertaining to watch. Shame he left quite soon, at his peak he was realy amazing player, probably doesnt get enough credit, but maybe thats because he didnt spend more years here and joined fooking liverpool. 

Anyway great lad, brought many great moments to Chelsea.

On 11/14/2018 at 0:56 AM, manpe said:

Was easily one of my favourite players. At that time it didn't feel out of place for me to place him in the same bracket with Lamps and JT, felt like a true blue. A shame he got so much stick in his later years with us. Sure he was past it and laden with injuries iirc, but always a model pro who loved the club and gave everything. Even after being long gone, he still gave us Hazard! :wub:

Was one of the reasons I grew up appreciating Chelsea, because of players like him (and Duff, Robben, Lamps, JT, Drogba, Gudjohnsen). Was fun to watch that amazing team and ultimately grew loyal to the club (I'm still here aren't I )

Take a bow son! LEGEND!

Me too man. These players are reason why I love Chelsea today. 

For a lot of people that generation is just one of many like Desailly and Zola before, but for younger ones its probably why they follow this club and while I like Hazard, Costa, Luiz,...that 2005 generation was just something else. Even if we created balon dor team in 2020, it wouldnt feel that great as it was back in 2005. I guess thats nostalgia, being kid and growing up, watching these players. I remember always pretending to be Lamps when we played in the school...

When you are older, you know more about football than ever, you understand things more, but you just dont have that carefree feeling you had as a kid watching matches...or maybe thats just me haha

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

probably doesnt get enough credit, but maybe thats because he didnt spend more years here and joined fooking liverpool. 

Tbh that would have possibly made it worse. He was spent and past it, there was not much he could offer us anymore unfortunately. Injuries had him done. He left at the right time (but Liverpool, yuck)... If I can forgive Lamps going to City, I can forgive Joe for thinking Liverpool is some safe haven for English players.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Me too man. These players are reason why I love Chelsea today. 

For a lot of people that generation is just one of many like Desailly and Zola before, but for younger ones its probably why they follow this club and while I like Hazard, Costa, Luiz,...that 2005 generation was just something else. Even if we created balon dor team in 2020, it wouldnt feel that great as it was back in 2005. I guess thats nostalgia, being kid and growing up, watching these players. I remember always pretending to be Lamps when we played in the school...

When you are older, you know more about football than ever, you understand things more, but you just dont have that carefree feeling you had as a kid watching matches...or maybe thats just me haha

100%

I admit these days I don't enjoy watching games as much as I did then. I would get hyped just seeing Lamps and Drogba play knowing they can produce something special at any time, I admired their playing styles. Out of our current crop the only player that comes close to giving that hyped up feeling is Hazard.

• 1 month later...