Joe Cole

the wes

Could've been one of the greats. Blame him though, decided he could prosper at Liverpool rather than with us. All downhill after that..

The club were very good to him keeping faith despite his injuries . He was offered a new contract but decided to cash in with Liverpool .

The club were very good to him keeping faith despite his injuries . He was offered a new contract but decided to cash in with Liverpool .

Exactly. I remember there were those on here who blamed Ancelotti for lack of time on the pitch, but Cole never earned his stripes when he returned from injury.

Exactly. I remember there were those on here who blamed Ancelotti for lack of time on the pitch, but Cole never earned his stripes when he returned from injury.

in terms of performance he was never the same after that injury in Chicago

Could've been one of the greats. Blame him though, decided he could prosper at Liverpool rather than with us. All downhill after that..

I read an interview around 2014 with him. He mentioned that he had two choices, one was Spurs and the other Liverpool, he said he chose Liverpool because he simply couldn't play for another london team.

But i really do feel sorry for him, such a great players he was back then.

I read an interview around 2014 with him. He mentioned that he had two choices, one was Spurs and the other Liverpool, he said he chose Liverpool because he simply couldn't play for another london team.

But i really do feel sorry for him, such a great players he was back then.

There was a third choice, sign on with Chelsea lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Joe Cole makes Tampa Bay Rowdies debut after leaving Coventry City

One-time Chelsea favourite has moved to Florida after a spell in League One

Former Coventry City midfielder Joe Cole made his debut for North American Soccer League side Tampa Bay Rowdies on Saturday night.After signing last week, the 34-year-old went straight into the starting line-up for Rowdies 1-1 draw with Rayo OKC in front of a 6,702 crowd at Al Lang Stadium.The away side took the lead in the 54th minute after a mix-up between keeper Matt Pickens and defender Tamika Mkandawire for Michel to tap in.Rowdies soon pulled level through an own goal and Cole thought he had contributed to the winning goal with two minutes to play as his precise free-kick was turned in by Tommy Heinemann.However, the celebrations were short-lived with the referee judging he had not restarted play and the Rowdies had to settle for the point.

Cole was used sparingly by Tony Mowbray at Sky Blues after undergoing his own mini pre-season and he hopes to be still able to contribute to the NASL season.He added: "It's a difficult one as I've had a long hard season at Coventry so I could have waited until the fall season and started afresh - as you're carrying a few nicks and knocks - but I think it's important I get going. There's a break soon and you'll probably see the best of me in the Fall Season."He also revealed ex-Sky Blues team-mate Andy Rose, who moved over from MLS side Seattle Sounders, played a role in persuading him to make the move.He added: "Andy knows some of the guys in the dressing room. He was telling me I made the right choice."

coventrytelegraph.net

nike.png

• 1 month later...