Joe Cole

the wes

I don't quite understand what is meant by that last statement, but in regards to the rest of your post; I sincerely hope that he will not be a flop and also I hope he can enjoy the rest of his career at Lille.

He was always one of my favourites and always will be. I kind of wish he was still with us, I'm sure he would fit in with AVB's 4-3-3. He is more creative than the lot we have now.

I'm sure a lot of you forgot about this but look closely at this photo.

article-1215613-068F8F42000005DC-46_468x321.jpg

Look closely at this one.

Joe-Cole.jpg

Look closely at this one.

Joe-Cole.jpg

Screw that! Don't be like those classless scousers with Torres. He played for us well, gave us good memories, won trophies and then he left and it's better he did.

Just wish him a good luck in his career and forget him.

Screw that! Don't be like those classless scousers with Torres. He played for us well, gave us good memories, won trophies and then he left and it's better he did.

Just wish him a good luck in his career and forget him.

Don't mind that he left to Liverpool at all, it was the way he left that ticked me off.

Don't mind that he left to Liverpool at all, it was the way he left that ticked me off.

The way these blokes left their old clubs ticked a lot of people off too. It seems that people get mad when Chelsea gets involved in an EPL transfer.

Fernando-Torres-006.jpgFrank_Lampard_300.jpgcoleST_228x316.jpg

But was Joe Cole's scenario as bad as this man's?

_41429170_gallas416.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Source: Talksport

Joe Cole on Mourinho:

"Of course they should have carried on [with Mourinho]. It’s plainly obvious he should still be there.

"He was a big, big influence on my career.

"I remember the first meeting, he got the lads together and said ‘listen guys, you haven’t won anything, you have done nothing in the game, if you stick with me we are going to win this league by April'.

"All the lads were like ‘who is this geezer'? Then we went out to train and the training was blinding, tackles flying in and it was so intense.

“He was just great to play for; you knew where you stood. Looking back I played my best football under him. I won my most trophies under him.

"He used to get on my back so much but I can’t thank him enough for it.

"He saw something in me that maybe I didn’t see in myself. If someone tells me I can’t do something, I want to show them I can do it. That’s why he’s a great manager and he’s a good guy as well.

"He’d long gone before I realised that he’d made such an impact on my football. I appreciate everything he did for me.

"If he goes and wins the league, that is the biggest achievement from any manager at any time because that Barcelona team is something else,"

JC on Ancelloti:

"Chelsea have pulled the trigger on a few managers a bit earlier than they should have done.

"Look at Alex Ferguson, it took him five years to win a trophy. It must be frustrating to be a manager because you need four or five years in a job before you start getting results. Chelsea need to stick with a manager and then they’ll be fine

"All the players at Chelsea loved Jose Mourinho and the other managers [who followed him] tried to change it too quickly. But what impressed me about Carlo was he was so clever.

"For the first week he just looked at it, let the lads get on with things and saw what the players liked and managed the players so well. It was the happiest the dressing room had been for a while and we won the double.

"He’s a great manager and I had a great relationship with him. He’s a top man in football - look at his record, he’s won everything – Champions League winner twice, titles, the Double with Chelsea…’

"There are plenty of other people to manage the fitness, the diet, the scouting and stuff. As a manager, the most important thing is to manage players and people and make a happy camp, and Carlo was blinding.

"When he left Milan some of the players were crying, and the lads were like that at Chelsea. He’s a top man and he’ll be a success at PSG."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Joe Cole on AVB and Chelsea:

"You didn't see him much because he was so good at his job. He was on the road every day watching football," said Cole.

"I knew him well and he's definitely the right man for the job.

"But you've got to look at perceptions in football.

"Everybody is saying he's under pressure but he shouldn't be under pressure. He's proven he's the best young manager in Europe at the moment, that's without a doubt from what he's done with Porto.

"He knows English football inside out. It's just it's a difficult time for the club because things have to change.

"The great thing that Man United have done over the past 20 years whenever they've been going through transition is they've been doing it little bit by little bit.

"Chelsea haven't done it like that. What Man United and Alex Ferguson have done well is that in the few years they've been going through transition, they've made sure they've won a Carling Cup or they've won an FA Cup just to keep it ticking over. To keep the winning mentality going.

"I think that's important for Chelsea this year. The league may be out of reach and who knows what will happen in the Champions League, but they've still got an opportunity to put a cup on the table.

"It would keep the fans happy, keep the winning mentality going and then slowly they can have a turnover of players.

"Obviously players are getting old there but it's bringing in the right players that's the problem.

"Recruitment is 85% of the battle when it comes to running a football club nowadays.

"If you bring the right players in, all the other stuff like the coaching, the sports science, the community stuff, everything else is just a minute factor of winning.

"If you get the right players in and get them happy you'll be fine."

Seems like Joe has been desperately trying to mend bridges with Chelsea FC and the fans in the last couple of months. He's had plenty of positive things to say all of a sudden. Probably realized his "career" at the bindippers is over

Seems like Joe has been desperately trying to mend bridges with Chelsea FC and the fans in the last couple of months. He's had plenty of positive things to say all of a sudden. Probably realized his "career" at the bindippers is over

Well he was a fan as a kid...some things never die