Joe Cole

the wes

Both Deco and Ashley were winning trophies at their clubs.

Ashley was a product of the Arsenal academy and was a fan-favourite who played expansive football for a Wenger team whose motivation was to play quick attacking football. He thrived and developed at Arsenal.He left them for us.

Deco was Barcelona's most important player in the Rijkaard era and had won all there was to win.He left them for us.

Both Deco and Ashley were winning trophies at their clubs.

Ashley was a product of the Arsenal academy and was a fan-favourite who played expansive football for a Wenger team whose motivation was to play quick attacking football. He thrived and developed at Arsenal.He left them for us.

Deco was Barcelona's most important player in the Rijkaard era and had won all there was to win.He left them for us.

Ashley wasn`t winning trophies at the time..he had in the past but not in the couple of years before he joined us.

is debatable wether Deco was the most important player in that Rijkaard era...can`t see a club like Barcelona letting their "most important" player go for 8mill tho...

but in both cases we bought those two..none of them left the top club of their careers to join no-hopers...and both can be considered footballing motives that led to their departures, rather then them wanting unjustified pay-rises, then ending up signing for a lesser team for the same money that was already offered.

Joe could have signed for a better team than Liverpool by now if his motives were about football and his desire to start somewhere...but Liverpool now seem the only club willing to pay anywhere near what he craves so he will probably sign for them.

[Not directed at zolayes] You don't really know if he left because of the wages,you base you accusations on tabloid crap which is no better than all those Manure supporters thinking they know JT's character.

As fas as I'm concerned he may have left because he wasn't happy with the 30 minutes he played in each game(which he indeed fucked up)

Well I guess you can say I'm going over the top, but sometimes the so called "tabloid crap", might be true. In football, you never know!

I said "Judas" for a bit of funny banter, I didn't exactly mean it!

Ashley wasn`t winning trophies at the time..he had in the past but not in the couple of years before he joined us.

is debatable wether Deco was the most important player in that Rijkaard era...can`t see a club like Barcelona letting their "most important" player go for 8mill tho...

but in both cases we bought those two..none of them left the top club of their careers to join no-hopers...and both can be considered footballing motives that led to their departures, rather then them wanting unjustified pay-rises, then ending up signing for a lesser team for the same money that was already offered.

Joe could have signed for a better team than Liverpool by now if his motives were about football and his desire to start somewhere...but Liverpool now seem the only club willing to pay anywhere near what he craves so he will probably sign for them.

Deco lost his place in the team as Guardiola came,he could have probably stayed to be second fiddle to Iniesta and Xavi but he didn't,he saw a new project started elsewhere and thought he could be an important part of it much like Joe will be for Hodgson's Liverpool.I doubt either Hodgson or Joe think that Liverpool are absolute no-hopers.

Actually Ashley was demanding a pay-rise which for Arsenal was unjustified.He ended up signing for us for something like 5k a week more,hence why they call him Cashley to this day.He didn't know Arsenal would win fuck-all in the next 5 years and they did make it to a CL final so that argument about L'Arse having less ambition is kinda invalid.

Joe wouldn't be able to start regularly at a better team because they would likely have better players.He had no chance at the Barcelonas and Reals of this world.

I said "Judas" for a bit of funny banter, I didn't exactly mean it!
Fair enough.

Deco lost his place in the team as Guardiola came,he could have probably stayed to be second fiddle to Iniesta and Xavi but he didn't,he saw a new project started elsewhere and thought he could be an important part of it much like Joe will be for Hodgson's Liverpool.I doubt either Hodgson or Joe think that Liverpool are absolute no-hopers.

Actually Ashley was demanding a pay-rise which for Arsenal was unjustified.He ended up signing for us for something like 5k a week more,hence why they call him Cashley to this day.He didn't know Arsenal would win fuck-all in the next 5 years and they did make it to a CL final so that argument about L'Arse having less ambition is kinda invalid.

Joe wouldn't be able to start regularly at a better team because they would likely have better players.He had no chance at the Barcelonas and Reals of this world.

Fair enough.

Arsenal lack ambition because they actually have billionaire owners too..infact, between all the people on their board they have more money than Roman..they also have a 60,000 seater stadium that sells out but they don`t put title winning teams together because they make a profit anyway, so keep their hands in their pockets and rely way too much on cheap youngsters from the French and Spanish leagues rather than spend money that they need to spend to seriously chase titles..

they call Ash, Cashley because it rhymes with his first name and its a lot easier to accept publicly than one of their best players left to join a better club...Chelsea had just won their second consecutive Premiership title when he joined.so it`s fair to say that he was going to a side that showed they were better equipped to give provide him with medal winning oppurtunities.

Deco left as you admit for footballing reasons.... Joe left because he was refused a pay-rise to become one of the clubs top earners,when his performances didn`t justify it...

he has spoken with plenty of teams who have offered him good chances of starting and at clubs better equipped to compete for trophies than Liverpool...i wouldn`t have liked it but all things considered and him being a North London boy (despite him being a Chelsea season ticket holder as a youngster) i would have accepted it if he joined one of them ,as it would have been a pure football decision with both North London teams in the Champions league , both play football that suits his style etc....but just like many have said apart from Liverpool ...he`s being unrealistic in his wage demands.

he threw away the chance of ever winning another medal...but it`s his life to live as he sees fit...he shows up at the bridge in a Liverpool shirt tho and he`s getting it asmuch as the other scouse cunts...no hero`s return welcome will he get because he just don`t deserve it...the ol` Joe Cole was much loved but the new Joe Cole is just as much a cunt as the players and fans of the team he looks to be joining.

It was directed towards Manuf,C JRevo and we hate scouse

I'm not arguing why he has left but why his (hypothetical) decision to join Liverpool doesn't make him any sort of traitor.

thanks ..I would never call him Judas even in jest I blame his money grabbing agent

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that Joe Cole's departure from Chelsea was down to economic differences.

"No, because the problem was economic," said the Italian. "It was a problem between the club and Joe Cole, not me.

"We spoke about this but when the problem is with money, it is not my problem.

"It is difficult to keep a player all the time in one squad.

"I think Joe Cole, like Michael Ballack and Julian Belletti, did a fantastic job. I want to thank them but now is the time to change."

|| Story ||

• 10 months later...

c5211e9780e2bcf6344234c47c7efdb6.jpgA product of the famous West Ham youth academy, Joe Cole joined Chelsea in the summer of 2003 after he had won the "Hammer of the Year" award at West Ham. In the 2003-04 season, Cole made 50 appearances for the club emerging as a key player as Chelsea finished 2nd in the league and reached the semifinals of the Champions League. He scored 2 goals in the Carling Cup but did not score in the league until April in a game vs Newcastle at St James Park. He made 7 assists to add to his 3 goals.

In the 2004-05 season, after Jose Mourinho publicly criticised Cole's defensive irresponsibility, his form improved as he scored 9 goals, including a deft flick in a league game vs Liverpool, and made 6 assists as Chelsea romped to their first league title in 50 years. He scored in a come-from-behind win over Manchester United at Old Trafford as he converted a Frank Lampard cross.

Cole continued in the same vein in the 2005-06 season where he scored a wonderful title-sealing goal vs Manchester United at Stamford Bridge. With 4 United defenders surrounding him, Cole wriggled himself free and blasted an unstoppable shot past the keeper to ring in the title celebrations. He was named in the PFA Team of the Season.

After participating in the 2006 World Cup (where he scored a wonder volley vs Sweden), Cole was laid low by injuries and returned only in the first leg of the Champions League quarter finals vs Valencia. He scored the only goal in Chelsea's UCL semi-final first leg win over Liverpool but did not make the final after losing out on penalties. He ended the season on a high as he started the 2007 FA Cup final win over Manchester United.

He then enjoyed his best season in a Chelsea shirt as he made 54 appearances in the 2007-08 season, easily Chelsea's best player that season. He scored the winners against West Ham, Blackburn and Everton and also scored a brace in the 4-4 draw against Spurs at White Hart Lane. Then manager Avram Grant was criticised for removing Joe Cole when the score was 3-1 in favour of Chelsea. None the less, he helped Chelsea reach the Champions League final where he started before being replaced by Nicolas Anelka in extra-time as Chelsea lost agonisingly on penalties yet again. He was deservedly named Chelsea's player of the year.

He started the 2008-09 season brightly, scoring the first goal of the Scolari era after running on to a through ball by Michael Ballack. He made 20 appearances and scored thrice before getting injured in a FA Cup game vs Southend which ruled him out for the rest of the season as Chelsea won the FA Cup under Hiddink.

The 2009-10 season was a strange one for Cole. He was increasingly dropped in favour of Florent Malouda and scored only 2 goals in 39 appearances. But his cheeky back-heeled finished against Manchester United was a vital goal for Chelsea as that win gave Chelsea the initiative in the title race. On the final day of the season, Joe Cole came on as a substitute and bagged 2 assists. He won the ball in the area and sent over a cross for Ashley Cole to volley home the final goal in an 8-0 win over Wigan that confirmed that Chelsea were Premier League champions again. He made his last appearance for the club when he came on as a substitute in the FA Cup final win over Portsmouth.

After Chelsea

After 7 years at Chelsea, Cole finally left the Blues to join Liverpool in 2010 as Roy Hodgson's first signing for the club. He wore the no.10 jersey there as well. He was sent off on his league debut for a wild challenge on Laurent Koscielny of Arsenal and that was the tone of a mediocre season for Cole at Liverpool. After scoring just 3 goals in 32 appearances through out the season, Liverpool loaned him out to French champions Lille in the summer of 2011.

On his Lille debut, Cole went on a solo run getting past 4 Saint Ettiene defenders before setting up the 3rd goal in a 3-1 win. After that impressive start, he would go on to have a good season for Lille scoring 8 goals and assisting 5 times in 35 appearances including a hat-trick in the Coupe de France. He has expressed a desire to continue at Lille next season although the French club have expressed fears over his wage demands.

Click here to view the record

Big mistake of the leadership had to part with Joe still remains one of my favorites .

for once our board wasnt to blame . Joe shouldnt have listened to his agent . He is guy still laughing all the way to the bank