Joe Cole

the wes

http://www.guardian....e-lille-england

good read. i am kinda glad that it seems to work out for him again. I always had respect for the boy. The move to Liverpool obviously is more than a "one off". But i always loved him in Chelsea Blue, even though it was sometimes frustrating. But i think he´s a good lad.

Totally agree w/ you on that post. Thanks for the article. I am happy for Joey. I loved him him when he wore #10 for the Blues. I remember Jose was threatening him, but he eventually conformed to Jose's rules & was able to maintain a nice stay @ CFC. I wish him the best. He scored one of the sickest goals for CFC @ ol crapfort. I believe that goal won us a title ;)

No he's not, he was allowed to leave because the club thought it the best decision at the time.

He may not be the most gifted footballer but he tried his hardest and put in some glorious performances for us, scoring some truly wonderful goals.

Chelsea fans were infuriated when he said Liverpool are a bigger club. The truth hurts. Maybe not at this moment, but in terms of history, they, like Juventus and Real Madrid, are a footballing powerhouse. Conversely Torres angered the Scousers when he said he was joining a bigger club. Again, the truth hurts, at this moment we are the football giants and Liverpool are battling for their future.

Either way, you say that sort of thing as a token gesture to the supporters. You don't go and say "I'm joining a smaller club than the one I just played for, but oh well."

I'm grateful for what Joe helped us accomplish and whilst he will never be regarded as a Chelsea 'legend,' seven seasons at the club certainly makes him part of the club's furniture and a key cog in the Mourinho winning machine.

Thanks, Joe. Best of luck in France.

No he's not, he was allowed to leave because the club thought it the best decision at the time.

Im sorry mate but i have to disagree here, i think he left because off demanding wages on par with the highest earner's which after the 2 season's he had previous was just well there is no words for it.

He may not be the most gifted footballer but he tried his hardest and put in some glorious performances for us, scoring some truly wonderful goals.

Chelsea fans were infuriated when he said Liverpool are a bigger club. The truth hurts. Maybe not at this moment, but in terms of history, they, like Juventus and Real Madrid, are a footballing powerhouse. Conversely Torres angered the Scousers when he said he was joining a bigger club. Again, the truth hurts, at this moment we are the football giants and Liverpool are battling for their future.

Either way, you say that sort of thing as a token gesture to the supporters. You don't go and say "I'm joining a smaller club than the one I just played for, but oh well."

I'm grateful for what Joe helped us accomplish and whilst he will never be regarded as a Chelsea 'legend,' seven seasons at the club certainly makes him part of the club's furniture and a key cog in the Mourinho winning machine.

Thanks, Joe. Best of luck in France.

Totally Agree with BlueLion.

He was a good guy. Did his job. He was frustrating at times but he tried his best and had some great displays over the years.

I think in the end..it was a good decision by both the club and Joe Cole...he's got a fresh start in a foreign league and we got him off the wage bill.

I think Joe didn´t really see his future here with Chelsea, playing wise. He didn´t really got his favoured position behind the strikers, and we didn´t play with wide wingers that time. Liverpool, as i said, was his One Off decision. As for any other player who goes there.

• 1 month later...

If only it was Malouda or Kalou with the dodgy agent & they had left instead of him.

The summer Joe Cole left we would have all choose Malouda to stay out of the 2, Flo MO just had a outstanding season (especially at the end) while Joe Cole did sod all season, had Malouda left that summer instead of Joe we would have all kicked up merry hell.

If only it was Malouda or Kalou with the dodgy agent & they had left instead of him.

Nah. 70K per week at Chelsea? There are probably not that many people stupid enough not to realize that that's way too good for Kalou.

I just wonder how we haven't figured that out in 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that is pretty funny is that after a pretty good debut with Lille (like with Loserpool), Cole begins to disappear... AS EXPECTED :lol:

The guy says that he adapts to the chanpionship blabla, that the defenses are better (partially true, some teams starts games only in order not to conceide a goal with 10 men in their half). In May he's going to be a flop or a massive deception.

But nobody is able to notice that in France, Cole is a name and they don't know at all what he's really worth

I don't quite understand what is meant by that last statement, but in regards to the rest of your post; I sincerely hope that he will not be a flop and also I hope he can enjoy the rest of his career at Lille.

He was always one of my favourites and always will be. I kind of wish he was still with us, I'm sure he would fit in with AVB's 4-3-3. He is more creative than the lot we have now.

I'm sure a lot of you forgot about this but look closely at this photo.

article-1215613-068F8F42000005DC-46_468x321.jpg

The summer Joe Cole left we would have all choose Malouda to stay out of the 2, Flo MO just had a outstanding season (especially at the end) while Joe Cole did sod all season, had Malouda left that summer instead of Joe we would have all kicked up merry hell.

Fair point, I mean, Malouda was exceptional during that season, while Cole was there sitting on the bench every game, (although his goal against United at OT was some contribution at least) ... it's a shame though, I mean, I reckon we could have at least given Cole until the following January to show us what he could do, and then maybe decide whether to keep him or not... I think that's what I would have done!