Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

If we can't find a landing spot he will have to stay and fight for his place and I hope he does do that (if he stays) as at least then he may work harder to be better. But Frank clearly doesn't have faith in him so it will be a hard task. But if he can fight and wins the job back then cool. He can't be worse than last year

Plus from a finance point of view I think the club is gonna need more appearances (hopefully better or some improvement) before they'll be able to at least get half of what we paid back.

Who wants to spend 40 mil or whatever on the keeper with the worse save percentage in the history of the prem

This window has been great so far and will probably get better, but if we are keeping Kepa and and actually continuing to go with him week in and week out then we are seriously undoing some of the great work.

Back 4 once again a complete nervous wreck and vice versa

Yeah, seeing Kepa coming out to claim an aerial ball and flapping badly for another season would suck. I don't doubt that a fresh start in a new season can see him regain his shot stopping form that we saw under Sarri, but you can't fix being short and physically soft.

Every team we play will gameplan specifically around winning as many free kicks and corners as possible to exploit Kepa's softness.

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Spain's Kepa Arrizabalaga, 25, is prepared to stay and fight for his Chelsea place, even if the club are successful in signing a new goalkeeper. (Telegraph)

Thats quite depressing:(

Decent backup keeper for 71m

So all of you are acting like there is absolutely no chance that Kepa turns out good in the future?

The same people who praised him to heaven just 18 months ago (after watching him every week for 6 months) are now calling him worst GK in the world and worst Chelsea buy in history?

No one said we need new GK after his 1st season here, yes he was shit last season but it is due to confidence and mentality. Now people are upset if he stays as backup?

Same for others... Again for RLC... He is judged for last couple of games after horrific injury... Like there is no chance we see again Ruben we saw under Sarri?

So all of you are acting like there is absolutely no chance that Kepa turns out good in the future?
The same people who praised him to heaven just 18 months ago (after watching him every week for 6 months) are now calling him worst GK in the world and worst Chelsea buy in history?
No one said we need new GK after his 1st season here, yes he was shit last season but it is due to confidence and mentality. Now people are upset if he stays as backup?
Same for others... Again for RLC... He is judged for last couple of games after horrific injury... Like there is no chance we see again Ruben we saw under Sarri?

I wasn't praising kepa in the past and I haven't said anything negative about RLC.

I'm generally always one of the most optimistic people on here about most things... But when it comes to kepa it is different.

No issues if he stays here to fight for his place as I said previously the club probably need some better performances from him or maybe just some time to distance himself from the performances last year to be able to sell him.

There is a chance he turns good but in my opinion its small especially with a goalkeeper.

He isn't gonna get any taller and that's been an issue of mine with him since he joined. He looks small in the goal. And we aren't talking about a bad season we are talking about the worst save percentage in the history of the Premier league. Now sample size and all that can change things but even if you allow for some abnormalities that is woeful and I struggle to see how he is gonna turn good. He won't be any worse than last season thats for sure.

But we conceded very few shots but conceded shit tons of goals and a lot of that has to go down to kepa

The mistakes were so basic and yet kept making them over and over and over and over..i don't see how that will change.

He doesn't look confident..doesnt fill you with confidence..last season was a mess. We shouldn't have conceded that many goals..esp from set pieces but we did..just nope.

The Ziyech free kick just typified Kepa's season, I cannot get the image of his face out of my head when the ball hit the post and hit him in the face.

It was like being bitch slapped by a woman with an oven glove on.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Expected to start tonight against Werner and Havertz :philjones

This will be interesting :Goober:

I know it’s off topic but very strange to see Leeds United striker starting for Span national team.