Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Shame, I thought he showed some improvement in the first half. 

Anyway, with Mendy coming in his time is coming to an end. Perhaps it will be another 3-4 games before Mendy is ready to start, but even if it is Kepa in goal for those it will be his last important games for us barring injuries. 

A lot of understandable frustration here, but just a remainder, that when Kepa was dropped for Willy last season, it wasn't like the team suddenly stopped conceding. So schoolboy mistakes aside, there is no 'dropping to U23' or anything like this until Mendy comes here. At best, there will be a rotation between Kepa and Willy, as Kepa is mentally burnt I guess and should take a break, but I wouldn't be surprised if he won't be dropped in next match 

This does not even excuse Kepa's horrible mistakes even a bit. He does basic mistakes that should not be happening in professional football that often. Yes, people make mistakes, but every match?
Caballero is a bad keeper himself. One of the main reasons why argentina was horrible in the last cup. We have two bad GK that are very similar size wise.

From what I have seen, Mendy is not that good either, but at least he does the basics right. Huge improvement

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

This does not even excuse Kepa's horrible mistakes even a bit. He does basic mistakes that should not be happening in professional football that often. Yes, people make mistakes, but every match?
Caballero is a bad keeper himself. One of the main reasons why argentina was horrible in the last cup. We have two bad GK that are very similar size wise.

From what I have seen, Mendy is not that good either, but at least he does the basics right. Huge improvement

I know I know. I am not finding excuses for Kepa at all here. 

But in some ways, should we be surprised that he can't even do the basics now when his confidence has been shot to pieces by say the dodgy defending in front of him? He wasn't even this bad, hopeless, pathetic, abysmal, shocking in his first season. 

Anyway, let's hope Mendy will help solve (some?) problems at the back.

I know I know. I am not finding excuses for Kepa at all here. 
But in some ways, should we be surprised that he can't even do the basics now if his confidence has been shot to pieces by say the dodgy defending in front him? He wasn't even this bad, hopeless, pathetic, abysmal, shocking in his first season. 
Anyway, let's hope Mendy will help solve (some?) problems at the back.

To be honest, I think our defense was good yesterday apart from that huge mistake AC did. The first goal was not Kepa's fault and how should that really affect his confidence. Nobody cares if Kepa concedes goals when there is nothing he could do to prevent it. The Kepa topic is only that big because he does not save the basic shots. He looked better under Sarri, but I think during summer his GF broke up with him and I think Cech or Lampard said that he his also personal issues to deal with, so that does not help either.

Usually, good keepers shine in phases, in which defenders play bad. I have seen it many times. DDG at United carried the whole squad when Phil Jones and Smalling were their defenders. Martinez and Leno last season saved Arsenal many times because Mustafi and Luiz are bad defenders. Cech saved us many times when we had Luiz and Cahill partnership 2012. Really good keepers show how good they are in those moments.

Right now, I think Mendy solves almost all problems. He can catch balls, he is a presence in the box and can save the basic shots due to his size. I do not think he can make those world class saves like Martinez did last season for instance against the shot from TAA against Pool, but I do not care anymore. A guy that is solid makes me happy at this stage. I am really hyped on Mendy now lol.