Jorginho

Unionjack

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

He has it more than good here Jorgo, he is loving it here. A mistake to sell him, especially to Juve cunts.

depends what we get in return

toss in Emerson (and cash if we are talking de Ligt or Dybala as their main player) and there are lots of combos to be had

Matthijs de Ligt    
Merih Demiral       
Alex Sandro
Luca Pellegrini
Rodrigo Bentancur
Adrien Rabiot    
Paulo Dybala (only if no Havertz)

47 minutes ago, Vesper said:

depends what we get in return

toss in Emerson (and cash if we are talking de Ligt or Dybala as their main player) and there are lots of combos to be had

Matthijs de Ligt    
Merih Demiral       
Alex Sandro
Luca Pellegrini
Rodrigo Bentancur
Adrien Rabiot    
Paulo Dybala (only if no Havertz)

Yeah but ONLY in such a scenario.....they can go spit with their current offer.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Juve are really taking the piss lowballing us for one of our most expensive ever signings that has only improved as a play ridiculous. After what they did to us over Sandro we should not even be listening to anything below 80m which they can not even afford in their wildest dreams.

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not a second game time after the break... Did he pissed off Frank with yellow cards or something? 

Saying this I do not think Juve will go for him after they bought Arthur. And I cannot see any other team going for him.

Jorgi is a strange one. Not sure what is going on with him exactly. It may just be he is not match fit. Let's see what happens with him against West Ham and Watford before drawing any conclusions. 

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is a victim of Frank who is trying to utilize his favorite players. 

I dont even think it is a football related decision...

Yeah, that or he is banging SFL's wife or something.

I don't necessarily blame Lampard for not playing Jorginho up to now. But i think questions should definitely be asked if Kante is played as a holder again when we play Watford.

There was an interview he did during lockdown where he suggested he had identified a couple of areas he might look to change and try to improve and I believe Kante has been deployed in the deep midfield position in the belief to offer more defensive solidity, and that may be the sacrifice for the rest of this season to try and get the results for top 4. The three wins before last night at least gave some credibility to that assessment.

I think after yesterday however it showed that Kante in that position doesn't add enough solidity to trade off losing someone who can dictate and control the game in midfield. If Kante plays, he's to the side of the deep midfielder or played in a pivot.

Defensively we're a shambles. I thought our open play defending had shown signs of improvement but the last 2 games have been poor and we look like conceding every set piece against any side. We desperately need a leader in that back 4, which I hope we address in the summer. 

Until then however and after last night's game, I feel if we don't make top 4 we should at least go out on our sword. Attack is our only real option at present, so Jorginho or Gilmour has to play at that base, and Kovacic should be in there too.

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He is a victim of Frank who is trying to utilize his favorite players. 

I dont even think it is a football related decision...

If Jorgo is leaving why have him on the bench? And FL def has his favourites it seems, I give him Mount but Barkely, AC etc? When FRank doesnt know his best 11 then we are fucked.

I can't believe anybody with a functioning brain watched that game last night and thought: 'hmm, you know what? we could really use somebody who can't run, can't shoot, creates zero chances and can't defend in this game. he would really help!'.