Jorginho

Unionjack

On 18/08/2018 at 4:38 PM, Henrique said:

I'm still think right now he creates more problems than anything. When Arsenal was creating chances for fun in the end of 1st half, Jorginho was completely lost, marking no one, he can't win any 1vs1 battle, he can't harass the opponents. In the second half he have an assist to Abumayang, and he was lucky that was a soft off-side. I'm not really concerned about the number of touches, to be honest.

Jorginho is the worst thing about Sarri legacy. One and a half year later he still he is the same player he was when he arrive in the PL. He is the main reason why the team became so vulnerable at the defense since last season.  He is slow, he lacks physical power, he can't harass the opponents, he barely wins 1x1 battle. We need another DM to play alongside Kante.

On 01/03/2020 at 2:02 PM, DDA said:

He is starting to look extremely suspect in Lampards Chelsea. Weird, because he started soo well.

He is suspect since day one. Sarri biggest mistake was trying to create a team around Jorginho. Lampard's biggest mistake was emulating Sarri in using Jorginho as the main DM and deploying Kante to a more advanced position. I hope he is sold at the transfer windows. 

14 hours ago, Henrique said:

He is suspect since day one. Sarri biggest mistake was trying to create a team around Jorginho. 

I agree with this

14 hours ago, Henrique said:

Lampard's biggest mistake was emulating  deploying Kante to a more advanced position. 

So who should play more advanced? 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

I agree with this

So who should play more advanced? 

A new signing.

Jorginho is certainly not without talent but he is more suited to a slower paced league.

The midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Kova just does not work, so it's time to rip it up!

Hopefully Loftus will be 100% for next season. Then we have Hakim to come in, so already the midfield is looking very different and more exciting for next season. Barkley to be moved on as well.

1 hour ago, chippy said:

A new signing.

Jorginho is certainly not without talent but he is more suited to a slower paced league.

The midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Kova just does not work, so it's time to rip it up!

Hopefully Loftus will be 100% for next season. Then we have Hakim to come in, so already the midfield is looking very different and more exciting for next season. Barkley to be moved on as well.

New player is not an answer. My question, this season who should play that advanced role. 

One of our main problems this season has been the ridiculous gap and empty space between central midfield and central defence. When the team presses high, we need the defence line to move higher up as well or else it all falls apart so easily and any midfielder, and especially a slower one like Jorginho, will look suspect in this type of setup. I don't quite understand how or why Lampard hasn't fixed this already. In comparison, by the end of last season we had pretty much solved this and looked quite solid going forward as well as in defence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Him and kovacic where amazing at the beginning. The only problem is his stamina. Once it went we decline. 

Nonetheless he is still a good player to have. Those rumors with juventus are laughable. There's no good offer to sell him so he will continue to be with us in the new season. 

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Him and kovacic where amazing at the beginning. The only problem is his stamina. Once it went we decline. 

Nonetheless he is still a good player to have. Those rumors with juventus are laughable. There's no good offer to sell him so he will continue to be with us in the new season. 

I don't think Jorginho stamina has ever been a problem