Jorginho

Unionjack

You can see on Jorgo's face he isnt very happy, and rightfully so imo. He is one of our best players and very much needed, selling would be a huge mistake.
He would sit on the bench though when Kante is fit to play.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

tbh I have no idea how our midfield is gonna lineup if we indeed get havertz. we would surely switch to 4-2-3-1 cos Puli, Havertz, Ziyech and Werner all have to start. So this just leaves two midfield spots and i dont know if any combination of Jorginho, kova, mount, kante will actuallywork as a double pivot.

tbh I have no idea how our midfield is gonna lineup if we indeed get havertz. we would surely switch to 4-2-3-1 cos Puli, Havertz, Ziyech and Werner all have to start. So this just leaves two midfield spots and i dont know if any combination of Jorginho, kova, mount, kante will actuallywork as a double pivot.

Ziyech Kante Mount/Kova

Pulisic Havertz Werner

If its a proper pivot Kante and kova pick themselves

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Or

Kante Kova

Ziyech Havertz Pulsic

Werner

Tbh, adding mount to those 6 we have 7 players that versatile enough to play multiple positions in a match. The real difficulty will be getting defensive balance even as those front 4 move around.

This might sound ridiculous but adding rice as a dm helps even more, because we can switch between 2 cbs to 3 in game. We can basically position ourselves as a 343 when we have the ball Deep in the oppositions half.

Rudiger Zouma

Rice

Kova

James Ziyech alonso

Havertz pulisic

Werner

Hear me out, I know it looks weird, but when the fullbacks push up to give width Rice as a dm drops back to make a 3 cb with Kova sitting just in front like Matic would do in Conte's first season. Ziyech would be higher up but more central like the areas Kante would take to pressure anyone that was attempting to start a break.

Havertz and pulisic hover around the box with the fullbacks as options on the sidelines.

**obviously this is only the type of structure we would have when we have possession when the opponents are camped on the edge of their box. It keeps the centre of the pitch packed so that any counters have to go wide, lessening the danger**

When we defend without the ball we could play a 4141

James Rudiger zouma alonso

Rice

Ziyech havertz Kovacic Pulisic

Werner goal hanging lol [emoji38]

I think Frank is trying to get Kante to take those types of positions. Its definitely what he did against City and Aston Villa.

I'd imagine the point is to able to use everything from 433, 343, 4141 depending on the circumstances. Bayern and Liverpool are so good at that, but they are well coached and the players are intelligent enough to know where they should be and when. Its going to take some intense coaching for our squad to have that kind of game management.

On second thoughts this whole post is bollox.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

He would sit on the bench though when Kante is fit to play.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Depends whom we are playing against, he is def needed more often than not imo

Depends whom we are playing against, he is def needed more often than not imo
Kante always plays under all coaches, regardless of the opponent. If Kante is fit, he will play. I would like a little bit of changing it up, but Kante seems to be too big of a name to drop

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Kante always plays under all coaches, regardless of the opponent. If Kante is fit, he will play. I would like a little bit of changing it up, but Kante seems to be too big of a name to drop

Kante is indeed needed and though this aint prime Kante or a Kante under Conte, he is still quality. But Gorgo too is crucial and should play a part in us reaching CL. He has been shunned simple as that for whatever reason I cant fathom.

On 08/07/2020 at 3:11 PM, Vesper said:

Jorginho-passmap-vs-Crystal-Palace.png
Jorginho pass map vs Crystal Palace

T

That's the whole problem with Jorginho, was he playing for the right or the left en side of the pitch? Does anyone know? What's his added value?

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

And people thought that Jorgi was world class lol

If Jorginho started against palace instead of bringing him on against crystal palace when the opponents were tired, we would have lost that game.

Jorginho needs good midfield partners around him to succeed. Playing the man child Barkley (out of position) near him certainly doesn't help. Kante-Jorginho-Kokavic is our best midfield IMO but he can also sit out games where we have most of the ball anyway. There have also been games against City, of all teams, where we dominated the ball and it was because of him.

If Pep got him instead, I have a feeling we would be purring over the prospect of having him in the team. The fact is, there were a lot of players all around him today who do absolutely nothing to help him shine. He is surrounded by crap. A shakey defence, braindead fullbacks and two naive and shy midfielders who are out of position. I can't think of any player in his position who would have done a good job under those circumstances today.

I kind of feel sorry for him tbh.