Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

One of the best yesterday. Also one assist from a set piece. Willian should learn his technique

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Its still criminal he wasn't brought on at Everton in the 2nd half, we were crying for a left footed fullback. 

6 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Its still criminal he wasn't brought on at Everton in the 2nd half, we were crying for a left footed fullback. 

His LB performances are what made me go on an anti-Azpi tangent that I perhaps took too far, and have since come off the boil from. It is NOT Azpi's fault he is shit at LB. It is not his natural position. Lamps owns this one (including the no Emerson sub-in).

I wish to fuck all humans were ambipedal. It would solve so many issues in the game overall, including lowering the insane premium on left-footed players' transfer fees at elite levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Law, European Football Editor -

Emerson Palmieri 'unlikely to leave Chelsea in January'

Emerson Palmieri is reportedly unlikely to leave Chelsea during the January transfer window despite the speculation surrounding the left-back's future.

The 25-year-old has made 13 appearances for the Blues during the 2019-20 campaign, including 10 outings in the Premier League.

Juventus are believed to be interested in bringing the Italy international back to Serie A, though, and there have been suggestions of a potential bid at the start of 2020.

However, according to Goal.com, while Juve are keen on a move for the defender, a deal is unlikely to take place in the middle of the current campaign.

Marcos Alonso has also been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge amid suggestions that Frank Lampard's side want to sign Ben Chilwell from Leicester City.

snip

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yep he is not leaving or Alonso because we won't bring new left back in January. 

It's obvious we will wait summer and Chilwell. 

I am afraid you are right, but I still say sell Alonso now to Inter and upgrade to Telles (only £8m or so net cost and would have been a £12m profit if we had sold the turtle in 2018 to RM and purchased Telles then)

Then go for Chilwell in the summer and sell Emerson then. That would cost £45 to £55m net, so for only £53m to £63m net we would have two superb LBs. Telles would so upgrade the team NOW and we so need that. There will be enough games and minutes to keep them both happy as long as we qualify for Europe, especially if it is the EL.

On 26/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Offers nothing! 

I said this at the time, people were so desperate to see Alonso dropped they turned Emerson into something he's not, just like they did with Baba Rahman when Ivanovic was declining.

Say what you like about Marcos and god knows he's frustrating as fuck, but atleast he has an upside of some substance even if we only see it about 20% of the time. Emerson may aswell change his name to John Doe while on the pitch, plain and ordinary is an understatement.

I’ve backed him and I still think there is a good LB in him. He’ll get back to his best/reach his potential at some point in his career. However I don’t want it to be upto us to get that out of him, to either wait for him to build his confidence up and also have an injury free period. When he isn’t good he’s anonymous.

i will also say though I think he has been scapegoated heavily for the goal today (on Twitter). I think that goal was coming as soon as the first header was won for any team in the world / any defender in Emerson’s position. 

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

I’ve backed him and I still think there is a good LB in him. He’ll get back to his best/reach his potential at some point in his career. However I don’t want it to be upto us to get that out of him, to either wait for him to build his confidence up and also have an injury free period. When he isn’t good he’s anonymous.

Same! We seriously need a new LB at this rate, especially when we have wasted subs a few times this season because the LB - be it Alonso or Emerson - has been rubbish. 

The boss praises his assistants Jody Morris and Joe Edwards for their faith in Tariq Lamptey when considering our full-back options with Azpi carrying a knock and James and Alonso out. He says he has seen Lamptey train a lot and he adds a different dimension. #ARSCHE

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

To me it looked like Jody told Lamps to make change in the first half? 

He actually did but some here still want to pretend Lampard turned it around.

2 minutes ago, Nicco said:

He actually did but some here still want to pretend Lampard turned it around.

That's what coaching staff are for.

Even the greatest manager ever (Fergie) more than likely had his bacon saved by McLaren, Querioz and Phelan on occasions.