Jase
Followers 4

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laughing at all those suggesting last season that Alonso was on the same level or better! This guy is a solid left back

Really good, solid performance in his first league start tonight. Solid defensively and dangerous in attack. Liked the way he delivers the crosses into the box. Conte needs to be questioned on why he

I think he will explode into one of best fullbacks in the league, just like he had the potential back then in serie a. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Did nothing wrong IMO, should keep Alonso out all season now but we all know he won't.

I'd bet good money that Alonso comes back in against Spuds and gets targeted.

It looks like I am not wrong about Emerson. He was quite good against City but yesterday was his chance to nail down his place in first 11 but I thought he was just ok. He is pretty much maybe at the same level as Alonso. He is faster but Alonso is taller. 

• Like 1

Of course he needs to start over Alonso.

He is better on the ball,faster and he can get to the baseline before he cuts in and crosses. But he does have times when he seems invisible or lifeless.

• Like 1
On 3/5/2019 at 9:17 AM, communicate said:

It looks like I am not wrong about Emerson. He was quite good against City but yesterday was his chance to nail down his place in first 11 but I thought he was just ok. He is pretty much maybe at the same level as Alonso. He is faster but Alonso is taller. 

You can't expect a player, who's been rusting for the good part of last 2 years, to always be at the top of his game. It's not like his competitor Alonso always has above OK games. People need to have realistic expectations and give evaluations accordingly. Alonso has already proven to be crap, Emerson has yet to start 3 games in a row for us afaik, he can't gain and maintain any momentum to prove anything like this.

• Like 3
On 3/5/2019 at 0:47 PM, communicate said:

I think Emerson is comfortably better. The team is more solid defensively and he complements the attack going forward. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think Emerson is comfortably better. The team is more solid defensively and he complements the attack going forward. 

24 minutes ago, manpe said:

You can't expect a player, who's been rusting for the good part of last 2 years, to always be at the top of his game. It's not like his competitor Alonso always has above OK games. People need to have realistic expectations and give evaluations accordingly. Alonso has already proven to be crap, Emerson has yet to start 3 games in a row for us afaik, he can't gain and maintain any momentum to prove anything like this.

Get Emerson,Mat K and Eden on and that left side would be a right bunch of dribblers!

• Like 2

I see so many Alonso fanboys/fangirls repeatedly say how shit Emerson is on defence and how vastly superior Alonso is defensively. 

All I can say is, 'Pass the crack pipe.':cig:

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I see so many Alonso fanboys/fangirls repeatedly say how shit Emerson is on defence and how vastly superior Alonso is defensively. 

All I can say is, 'Pass the crack pipe.':cig:

difference between Emerson and Snailonso is like day and night.. 

• Like 2

Upgrade at the position is needed for sure. Alonso at his best is a better player than Emerson. Emerson hasn't pulled any trees up so far in the starts he's made. Few glimpses of quality here and there he has produced but awareness and concentration are a negative, his pace covers up the cracks in his game. 

1 hour ago, Blue Gee said:

Upgrade at the position is needed for sure. Alonso at his best is a better player than Emerson. Emerson hasn't pulled any trees up so far in the starts he's made. Few glimpses of quality here and there he has produced but awareness and concentration are a negative, his pace covers up the cracks in his game. 

agreed. Against wolves, the same backward passes esp coming from the back. Particularly culpable in Wolves goal: while his pace allowed him to tackle the player carrying the ball in the counter, the tackle was too weak and did not stop the play. It was time to stop the play and pick up a yellow (poor awareness).

Perhaps he will improve as he gets games, but it's not like he's a youngster.

9 minutes ago, Robchels said:

agreed. Against wolves, the same backward passes esp coming from the back. Particularly culpable in Wolves goal: while his pace allowed him to tackle the player carrying the ball in the counter, the tackle was too weak and did not stop the play. It was time to stop the play and pick up a yellow (poor awareness).

Perhaps he will improve as he gets games, but it's not like he's a youngster.

agreed

all 4 of our fullbacks need to go (or at least shift Azpi back to CB)

• 3 weeks later...

See how many times he got passed Hazard last night and attacked the by-line? He's not afraid to attack, Alonso is.

Him and Hazard are linking well, Hazard played a few reverse passes to him last night and they are only possibly if the LB is prepared to take a risk and attack space and get forward.

Should be a main stay.

• Like 4

I also thought he was bit more aggressive in defence last night which was good. He was better than Azpi in one on ones and pressing them into mistakes. He is also good at playing it out. More than one move yday started out with him doing quite smart interplay in our own third.

i do like him and maintain he has potential, however I do sometimes wanna shove a rocket up his arse, yesterday he was pretty good but I think he could be better..sometimes his movement is odd, still overall of course an improvement on Alonso and I think he should start for remainder of season. I also think a number of games in our side with Hazard, with RLC will improve his game further.

just to divulge bit further about his movement, a player like him should be making best use of space I feel. And tbf this may be tactical, but sometimes the space is ahead of him and he doesn’t make the run or doesn’t take the player on, even though he is pacy and good at dribbling. This could also be a confidence thing as well, hence why increased gametime could help. If you watch Andy Robertson, who is really good, he’s not actually insanely talented well not like Kimmich or Marcelo he just does everything quickly, on the front foot, and excellent stamina (one of the best in PL) to dominate left hand side, that is what Emerson needs to improve further.

• James changed the title to Emerson Palmieri