Emerson Palmieri

Unionjack

On 6/26/2018 at 1:48 PM, Unionjack said:

Serie A champions Juventus ‘surveying’ Chelsea 23 year old for summer transfer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/serie-champions-juventus-surveying-chelsea-full-back/

Juventus can go eat a bag of rocks.. after what they did to us this window

4 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Why people rate him higher than Alonso?

He was highly rated and an important player for Roma before he got hurt, plus he is much faster than Alonso which is important for a Sarri fullback. Also has much better dribbling, Alonso obviously far superior on goals. 

• 1 month later...

He deleted his tweet; something like "I am not injured, i am fine.....great team victory."

Hard not to see him forcing a move in January, Nevermind not playing, but not even on the bench in any of the games this season. May even not be second choice at LB for Sarri. 

• 1 month later...

This dude was ripping Serie A and been one of best prospects at LB. What happend? Did injury break him so much? Or just another case of player who got couple games and already written off.

Here he is just marked as some backup, only good enough for small games. 

I guess at another club where they would have more faith and actual plan to use him, he would be great or at least very good by now. Just wait till we sell him and he becomes great by playing week in week out :D

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

This dude was ripping Serie A and been one of best prospects at LB. What happend? Did injury break him so much? Or just another case of player who got couple games and already written off.

Here he is just marked as some backup, only good enough for small games. 

I guess at another club where they would have more faith and actual plan to use him, he would be great or at least very good by now. Just wait till we sell him and he becomes great by playing week in week out :D

Honestly I doubt he was even one of the top 10 full backs in Seria A at the time. He's not a bad player fair enough but he isn't exactly brilliant either. Injuries maybe affected his career too but I am yet to see any sort of evidence that Emerson was one of the best full backs in Serie A when he's played. All he has that Alonso doesn't have is speed and better in 1v1s offensively.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly I doubt he was even one of the top 10 full backs in Seria A at the time. He's not a bad player fair enough but he isn't exactly brilliant either. Injuries maybe affected his career too but I am yet to see any sort of evidence that Emerson was one of the best full backs in Serie A when he's played. All he has that Alonso doesn't have is speed and better in 1v1s offensively.

Statistics of his good season in Serie A had him on par with Sandro and better than anything Alonso did there. You can see shades of what he’s capable of, but a lack of confidence / motivation and probably the injury too seems to have dampened his ability. Mind he provides different things to Alonso and I don’t think he’s even much worse (I don’t rate Alonso highly). Emerson in minimal appearances since January has managed 1 goal and 3 assists, a decent return. 

And although even I don’t think he should be given a run of games in the side (I think he should be rotated more, even in league games. Same with Zappa and Azpi. Competition. Really not that much between our full backs as some people like to make out). But I reckon if he did get given a run of 10-15 starts he’d be a whole lot better. Funny you say you doubt this guy was even top 10 Serie A full backs when Alonso wasn’t either. Surprise, that after 2 and a half seasons of the luxury of somehow having no competition at LB for Chelsea, he’s improved. If only we could give all our full backs that type of service.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

During his season before injury, he was on par with Sandro, at least in Italy. I remember people talked about him as big coup whoever signs him. After injury he didnt play much and left for quite small fee and low reputation. But give him a run of games and he will be better than Alonso at the very least. This reminds me of Salah who everyone wrote off and kept picking Willian who was more ''proven''. Salah left and rest is history.

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

During his season before injury, he was on par with Sandro, at least in Italy. I remember people talked about him as big coup whoever signs him. After injury he didnt play much and left for quite small fee and low reputation. But give him a run of games and he will be better than Alonso at the very least. This reminds me of Salah who everyone wrote off and kept picking Willian who was more ''proven''. Salah left and rest is history.

2 problems

1 As far as I can see, he is still not close to pre-injury level, and this is from someone who DESPERATELY wants him there

2 Sarri, the board, and a shit tonne of less than deep thinking fans see Alonso as a god-like colossus, striding the pitch, lolol. I even saw an article here whinging on about how ludicrous it was that Alonso is not starting every game for the Spanish national team as he is clearly better than Jordi Alba (arguably (and I detest Alba), the best La Liga player so far this year) and Jose Gaya, who has actually been even better than Alba at international level lately. Alonso is not remotely in either one's league. He is bad at defence and he is slow. He is a wingback, and we don't use wingbacks.