Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Judging by today it is... 

It's not just about today, he has been missing sitters in almost every match. I quite understand the points about him creating chances. But scoring is a basic quality for a striker. It can't be the aspect that is missing. 

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Benzema has been on the decline for some time & is far from the striker he was at Lyon.

I believe Michy is a better finisher than Morata and have stated that on a few occasions. I never said he was outright better than him & should be starting every game. Horses for courses

He may be a better finisher but Morata is better in the air, better movement, faster and has proven this season why he should start ahead of him. This is coming from someone who is a fan of Bats. Bats finishing is better and he is good with either foot but in majority of games he has started this season, has not exactly covered himself in glory.

4 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

It's not just about today, he has been missing sitters in almost every match. I quite understand the points about him creating chances. But scoring is a basic quality for a striker. It can't be the aspect that is missing. 

Ya agree and that's what mean.. And it keeps going that way.. Spend a lot of money on a striker and they don't actually seem capable of scoring. Know he has scored a few but 3 in a game and nothing is pretty bad. Frustrating so frustrating 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

NOT FOR US!

Torres peformances for us are a complete mystery, evem to this day. I was watching a video on him when he played for Atheltico and Liverpool. The lad was immense in front of goal. Morata has never shown that the kind of instinct on front of goal that Torres once showed... but yea for us he was shit lol.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

At least Mario Gomez does what a striker should be doing...

Movement and positioning is important I agree, but your job as a STRIKER is to score goals. Morata's positioning and movement means feck all to me if no goal comes out of it.

Well it does it it free's up Hazard due to a defender being occupied by Morata, as what happened vs West Brom for example.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Torres peformances for us are a complete mysyery, evem to this day. I was watching a video on him when he played for Atheltico and Liverpool. The lad was immense in front of goal. Morata has never shown that the kind of instinct on front of goal that Torres once showed... but yea for us he was shit lol.

Torres was a limited footballer with outstanding pace and stength, as soon as injury's took those attributes away and he needed his technical ability that's when his career went South.

Doesn't apply to everyone but does to some Chelsea fans:

Morata before December: Good player. Glad we never paid 75M for Lukaku.

Morata after December: New Torres/worse than Batshuayi, needs to be upgraded on.

Make your minds up eh?

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Torres comparison is even worse!

To be honest, Im not the one to blast our players but I have to say Im dissapointed and worried about Morata. 

Fair enough, he is rather brilliant in linkup and passing, also decent dribbler. Fantastic header. 

BUT he is our main striker and his feet and mentality are absolute disaster. He is unreliable, extremly unreliable.

I like striker to be allround. But his first and main job is to score and finish off chances. 

Morata is not doing that. He failed vs Roma, he failed vs Atletico, he failed today and probably we can find just about 10 other games where he missed perfect one on ones.

Costa was hated for all the shit, but in the end he scored those goals. He would score all three that Morata missed, you and I and everyone else knows it. 

We would win comfortably. Not saying Costa didnt miss sitters, but hell not even close to this many. He might not even get in position or lost the ball earlier, but what good Morata gets from his other abilities if he ends up missing the chance? 

Bottom line Morata good or not, we need RELIABLE striker upfront. Simple as that. 

Right now Morata isnt even close to reliable and its understood he should be benched. We just dont have anyone better. But its clear now why Real sold him so easily. The guy turns in potato infront of goal. That cant be trained or tought. He is such character. At 25 its not much you can change. He can practice all day, when he goes up against Cech in real match, it will be same old story.

And right now he under a lot of pressure and probably thinks about all the missing chances. Given he isnt strong character, expect more of sitters missed by him in next games. 

Its just sad truth, but he is awfuly awfuly unreliable striker. Good thing is we can always play him as second striker along someone who can actualy score. 

The goals he scored hide the fact how awful he actualy is infront of goal. 10% scoring ratio is below average when quality strikers have 30-35%. It says it all. 

But hey I dont hate him at all. He is still a good player in the end. However I want striker that can be relied upon. A striker that will bury the chance when he gets one. They win you games. And if Morata cant do it, bench him. Its costing us big points. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Well it does it it free's up Hazard due to a defender being occupied by Morata, as what happened vs West Brom. 

Torres was a limited footballer with outstanding pace and stength, as soon as injury's took those attributes away and he needed his technical ability that's when his career went South.

Very true. It was his injuries that fucked him but even when he was Atheltico and Pool and he had pace and strengtg, he also had a superb goalscoring instinct. You don't score as many goals as he was scoring without being able to finish. When he was wearing Liverpool colours and he was through in a one v one situation... you held your head in your hands.. you knew what was coming. When he played for us he lost his confidence along with his pace and power which ultimately tunred him into the donkey that he became haha!

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Morata after December: New Torres/worse than Batshuayi, needs to be upgraded on.

Make your minds up eh?

We are not allowed to change our minds, based on his performances? No one could have predicted that he will be this awful with his feet.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Make your minds up eh?

It's absolutely pathetic and shows how knee-jerk fans are. No loyalty at all.

He's a really good player but he really needs to improve in front of goal. Some of the shit i'm reading here is totally insane and really just out of order. Stop acting like he hasn't already contributed a lot this season

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Again, that's good and all but that is West Brom...and Morata himself scored in that game unlike today...

Also that didn't happen today did it?

It didn't, but despite a poor performance and woeful finishing i never felt we were as good as playing with ten, something which i felt with Torres 99% of the time. When Morata has a bad or average game, it's just that, bad or average, not the anonymous hoodini acts Torres "treated" us too.

He may be a better finisher but Morata is better in the air, better movement, faster and has proven this season why he should start ahead of him. This is coming from someone who is a fan of Bats. Bats finishing is better and he is good with either foot but in majority of games he has started this season, has not exactly covered himself in glory.

Goals win you games and it's as simple as that. Can't be spending £70m on a CF that can't even do on a regular basis

Make your minds up eh?

And some of us weren't too fond of either. I'd urge the club to go for Belotti at a cut price.

P.S. Everyone here is because we love the club. Criticizing players for failing to basics has NOTHING to do with loyality. [emoji58]

I compared Morata to Torres some time ago, but that was a bit harsh. He is not as bad as Torres. But he is not far from that.

Torres also played in a much worse and unstable Chelsea, I would say. Morata is sure getting more chances, not just because of his movement, but because he plays with prime Hazard and Azpi-the-Spanish-David-Beckham on the right... also with Fabregas, the pass master.

2 minutes ago, El P. said:

We are not allowed to change our minds, based on his performances? No one could have predicted that he will be this awful with his feet.

To be fair we all seen his finishing wasn't particularly amazing back when he was scoring regularly. But yet again he is being overly criticised by various fans, some of them who were probably the idiots who waited half a year for Torres to score his first goal against West Ham for us, there is no doubt hes on a bad run, I still think hes the best striker we could of bought in terms of current ability and room for growth. Hes got everything you'd want from a striker, sure he bottled 3 chances and has missed a few others but the one thing hes doing for me is: continuously getting chances to score which Batshuayi hasn't done to the sort of level Morata has. Even last year Costa was criticised by various fans despite scoring 20 goals? Its the same shit every year there is always some sort of complaint, I mean other than tonight (if we won nobody would give a fuck in all honestly anyway) he has missed a few sitters yes but he has got a healthy goal total for the season unlike our other attacking players, which doesn't help because already 6 months into his Chelsea career he and Eden are basically shouldering the responsibility for the whole team in terms of goals and even then they could do better at times yes. Hes hardly awful with his feet just look at his hattrick with Stoke he scored a really top class goal.