Deco

kbchel

Deco has a pretty big name in Europa, maybe be can sell him to one of the smaller Spanish clubs. Teams from the Brazilian league probably aren't able to a pay a transfer fee of a couple millions nor his wages.

if he goes to brazil we should at least get a couple of promising young players in part exchange

Yes good idea if we trade him to santos maybe we can have their goal scoring 17 year old neymar ?

Until the day Michael Ballack or Salomon Kalou leave the club , this is the happiest I will be to see any of our current squad say that they want out.

By the way Im sure Belletti will go in the Summer, he said Chelsea blocked a move to his native Brazil in January because of the ACN , but from the sounds of it he wants out too. I will miss him. However what it means is a chance to promote young players. Also what it means is that no longer can Chelsea manager's desperately hope that Deco will come good and become our creative spark. Now we might buy a creative spark who can...you know , be creative.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea's Portuguese international Deco plans to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer to go back to Brazil to help run a school he has founded.

The 32-year-old Brazil-born midfielder had previously said he will quit the international game after the World Cup.

Deco joined Chelsea from Barcelona in 2008 and told the Sunday Times he would be "nostalgic" when he left the club.

"In football you must achieve something when you are young, stay as long as you can, then it's over," he said.

Deco was born in the Brazilian city of Sao Bernardo do Campo and moved to Portugal at the age of 19, gaining Portuguese citizenship in 2002.

He said it had always been his intention to go back to Brazil to work with the poor, but he gave no hint about whether he planned to play for a Brazilian club once back there.

"It will be strange to leave Chelsea but with football this is always the way," he said.

"My friend Mike, a doctor in Brazil, was telling me that one day I will be an ex-footballer but he will never be an ex-doctor.

"In most jobs you do not become an ex-doctor or an ex-engineer or an ex-dentist, you build up your career slowly, getting better and better at what you do.

"With a footballer you can't do that."