Deco

kbchel

Not to ruin anyone's appetite but from everyone's most beloved source of information:

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/...orm-for-Chelsea

After a torrid season with the Premier League big-boys, Deco claims that he is looking to turn things around in his second season with Chelsea.

And despite a prolonged flirt with a move to Inter, the Portugal international looks determined to perform under new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"I'll be here because I have a contract. I just want to play. I will do my best wherever I am on the pitch," The Times quotes the 31-year-old as saying.

"The last season was difficult for me, I had many injuries and only played a few games.

"I’m happy to play. Every player needs to play and wants to play. I hope this season I don’t have the injuries and can play the way I know."

The Stamford Bridge outfit suffered as a whole due to a host of internal problems that saw Luiz Felipe Scolari sacked, with Guus Hiddink seeing out the season for the Blues.

Deco feels that a combination of the administrative problems within the camp coupled with his catalogue of injuries contributed to his poor performances last term.

"It wasn’t just the injuries, but when you have four injuries in the same year it is difficult," he went on.

"You recover and get fit again and, straight after, another injury. It’s so difficult. I don’t like to make excuses, but I hope to work hard and start this season playing well.

"All I want to do is to play and do my best for Chelsea."

More power to him if he works his butt off to make a contribution

Some would sulk and sit....if he chooses to push hard and ends up doing something for us....I have that much more respect for him even though a lot was lost in last year's farce of a season for him.

I suspect we will end up selling him for something sooner than later

Edited by SystemBlueBob

Inter Milan are ready to revive their interest in Chelsea midfielder Deco if Alexander Hleb snubs a loan move to the Italian champions.

The former Arsenal midfielder was initially to join Inter as part of the swap deal involving Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

However, Hleb is now set for a return to former side Stuttgart after becoming concerned he would spend most of his time on the bench at Inter, just as he did at the Nou Camp.

It leaves Inter boss Jose Mourinho in need of a playmaker and Deco is a player he knows only too well following their highly successful spell together at Porto.

Inter are believed to have had a £10m deal for Deco and Ricardo Carvalho rejected earlier this summer, with Chelsea valuing the duo at £13m.

Deco has expressed his desire to stay and fight for his place at Stamford Bridge after a disappointing first season following an £8m move from Barcelona.

But with Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti understood to be keen to bring in Andrea Pirlo from former club AC Milan, he could find himself surplus to requirements.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203068/Hleb-twist-Inter-turn-Chelsea-midfielder-Deco.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0Mgkr19QC

His move looks likely again then.

10.37 Barcelona have confirmed Alexander Hleb has agreed to rejoin former club Stuttgart on a one-year loan deal after turning down a move to Inter Milan.

Besiktas have joined the battle for Chelsea midfielder Deco.

Fanatik says Besiktas are keen to bring the Portugal international to Turkey before the start of the new season.

Deco is also wanted by Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan after a deal for Barcelona midfielder Alex Hleb fell through this week.

Seeing that we are in for Pirlo, Why not keep Deco? Deco has premier league experience.

Whats common betwen Ballack, Deco, Malouda. They all came had a ordinary first season and were injured for most part.

I bet 100$ on Pirlo being the next in that line of players who would come, Have a very ordinary first season and will be injured for 3-4 months.

Hence, Id keep Deco.

I'd like him to stay and prove me wrong, but I think his legs have seen better days. If we'd have bought him six seasons ago when Mourinho first came in, we'd have had the best midfield in the world. I'd love him to stay and bang in up to 10 goals from midfield, which he is more than capable of, but I don't think we need him, or another midfielder, for that matter.

The fact of the matter is, he should never have had that injury during last season. Before that he was absolutely dynamite. As soon as he came back from the injury, he turned into a flop.

The morale here, is that you just cannot rely on experience all the time, you need some young legs to get involved, and I'm sorry but we don't have that at the moment. Not in Deco anyway, he has completely past it, and we need to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

But where would Deco play in Carlo's supposed "diamond" midfield? To be honest, if you have Lampard as the attacking provider, Essien/Mikel as a defensive midfield player, Joe Cole on the right, Zhirkov/Malouda on the left, then that's pretty solid. There's not much room for Deco unless someone gets injured.

But where would Deco play in Carlo's supposed "diamond" midfield? To be honest, if you have Lampard as the attacking provider, Essien/Mikel as a defensive midfield player, Joe Cole on the right, Zhirkov/Malouda on the left, then that's pretty solid. There's not much room for Deco unless someone gets injured.

Yeah but there is always going to be injuries and deco would be a great sub to have. And its good to have someone with deco's experience on the bench in case hes needed..doesnt hurt to have a plan b