Deco

kbchel

About Deco, I think they should give him another chance to prove his talent and ability. It might take a long time to do so but if Juve make a deal to get Deco and offer Chelsea with someone better than Deco, lol than that seems lil bit worthy

About Deco, I think they should give him another chance to prove his talent and ability. It might take a long time to do so but if Juve make a deal to get Deco and offer Chelsea with someone better than Deco, lol than that seems lil bit worthy

TBH i really dont see us nor any other italian club signing him, how could deco ever be a pavel replacement?

we are more looking to players like silva,diego ribas and even ribery.

Edited by SempreJuve

• 2 weeks later...

Atletico Madrid are set to offer Deco a ticket back to Spain this summer.

The Chelsea midfielder is likely to miss the remainder of the season becaus of a hamstring injury.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is reported to have ordered a clear-out of many of the thirty-somethings at Stamford Bridge and Deco, 31, has not been the success his initial displays promised after his £8million move from Barcelona last summer.

The Portugal international was not a regular starter before his injury and Atletico see Deco as a midfield leader whose experience of La Liga will be crucial.

Whoever is the manager of Chelsea next season should have Michael Essien, Frank Lampard and Joe Cole available for midfield places which would reduce Deco's chances of regular first-team football.

Deco also knows that to stay in the Portugal team he needs the place in the starting XI Atletico could offer him.

TBH i really dont see us nor any other italian club signing him, how could deco ever be a pavel replacement?

we are more looking to players like silva,diego ribas and even ribery.

Or from what i've heard, the world class, inspirational Florent Malouda

Atletico Madrid could still move for Chelsea’s Deco after club chairman Enrique Cerezo responded bashfully to suggestions that the Portuguese international could be plying his trade at the Vincente Calderon next season. The 31-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge in the aftermath of Luiz Felipe Scolari’s sacking from the Blues’ dugout.

Speaking on radio station TSF, Cerezo stated, “We are not thinking about signings yet, Deco is an interesting player but it's still too soon to address such matters."

"I do not know. We are focused on the league."

I think Italy especially AC or Inter would be his preferred destination, with AC having a habit to acquire players his age and with Jose at Inter.. not to mention the slower nature of the game in Serie A would suit him more than the premiership.. or he could just follow Scolari wherever he goes as he said he signed for us only because of the Scolari connection....

• 2 months later...

Mourinho then hinted he might end Deco’s stay at Stamford Bridge, admitting he is thinking about signing a Portuguese player who does not play in his home country.

"The fact that I am not thinking about other Portuguese players at the moment is not because of what has happened with Quaresma, it's due to the market situation and I don't see anyone in Portugal that interests me," he added.

"Maybe I will look for a Portuguese player that doesn't play in Portugal."

I'd like to keep Deco, give him the summer to get back in form/fitness level and see what we can do from there.

Id rather sell him and bring in someone younger who can develop around the players we already have, Deco is too old and will get injured too often.

The Chelsea midfielder Deco has had an awful season at Stamford Bridge with injuries and lack of form, and cannot wait to move on this summer. It looks like he will get his wish, as the Blues are happy for him to find another club, and he has been in contact with his old boss from Porto, Jose Morinho, who is now managing Inter Milan.

Deco said: ‘I won’t deny that there is contact, but nothing is defined. It’s a solution which I welcome, of course, and it would be a pleasure to be back with Mourinho, but I don’t want to go into details, because it’s not me who’s dealing with the matter.’

Morinho has also hinted at the deal, but he could also have been referring to the Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho when he said: ‘If I sign any Portuguese, it may be a Portuguese who isn’t in Portugal. But I won’t name names.’

Id rather sell him and bring in someone younger who can develop around the players we already have, Deco is too old and will get injured too often.

Agreed

It is time for us to get good value for him (well, good compared to waiting another year)

He won't fit into a Guus-like system nor a CA system

• 2 weeks later...

Deco seeks Blues exit

Unsettled midfielder hints at Inter switch

Chelsea midfielder Deco has declared he plans to leave Stamford Bridge.

The Brazilian-born midfielder joined Chelsea from Barcelona last summer and after a bright start to life with the Blues he has been reduced to the periphery at the club following the sacking of coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Deco has now made no bones about his wish to quit Chelsea after becoming disillusioned with life at Stamford Bridge.

"I have a contract with Chelsea, but there are offers from other clubs," he said. "I want to feel fine, and that is not happening at Chelsea.

"I want to find a club that can bring the joy of playing football back for me."

Guarantee

Deco has been linked with a summer switch to Inter Milan, and the Portugal international has indicated he would welcome a reunion with Jose Mourinho, with whom he enjoyed success at Porto.

The former Barcelona ace noted: "Of course I would like to work again under Mourinho, he is a guarantee of success. He is a great coach, perhaps the best one of my career.

"I have a contract, I know the two clubs have been in talks. Anyway, I have to respect and wait.

"I do not want to stay, I have said that. I have not liked my experience at Chelsea."

SKY

bye.