Deco

kbchel

He was a huge mistake...why a team who already had Lampard and Ballack would need Deco, when he was already 30 ? Scolari was really stupid...I can´t believe that some people think he is one of the best coaches in the world.

He was a huge mistake...why a team who already had Lampard and Ballack would need Deco, when he was already 30 ? Scolari was really stupid...I can´t believe that some people think he is one of the best coaches in the world.

He was Scolari's blue eyed boy.

• 4 weeks later...

if he goes to brazil we should at least get a couple of promising young players in part exchange

It will be the best option, because for what I have heard in brazilian press, Deco will ask Chelsea to leave for free. It will be really bad if happens.

Methinks he still has a year on his contract,we should try to get something from his sale.

agree, but the press also says that Chelsea will easily allow him to leave for free.

He will probably move on a free, but I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign up a young Brazilian or two as part of the deal then loan them either back to the club or to the Belgian/Dutch league similar to what he done with Alex.

Good luck to Deco, I think he came to Chelsea a couple of years too late in his career though.

He will probably move on a free, but I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign up a young Brazilian or two as part of the deal then loan them either back to the club or to the Belgian/Dutch league similar to what he done with Alex.

Good luck to Deco, I think he came to Chelsea a couple of years too late in his career though.

the problem is that Fluminense dont have any good young talents available.

I don't know why he just doesn't retire if he doesn't want to play at the top level anymore. I am sure he is financially more than secured. He has had a great career and has given us a lot of memories but I can't see how he would benefit from playing in the brazilian league.

I don't know why he just doesn't retire if he doesn't want to play at the top level anymore. I am sure he is financially more than secured. He has had a great career and has given us a lot of memories but I can't see how he would benefit from playing in the brazilian league.

Brazilians players DO love playing in the brazilian league...if brazilian clubs had the money, do you really believe that a player would left Santos, Flamengo, Palmeiras, São Paulo or Cortinthians to play for West Ham, Everton, Lyon, Paris Saint German, dutch or russian clubs ?

There are only few clubs in the world that brazilians really want to play for today: Chelsea, Manchester, Arsenal, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Intern de Milão, Juventus and Bayern de Munique. When brazilians left for other clubs, its only because of the money.

Let's say I am Juninho Pernambucano, one of the most talented players of my generation. Its 2001, and I play for Vasco de Gama. Lyon have just offered to sign me, as they are building a team to win Ligue Un in France. The wages are good as well. Do I sign? OF COURSE. The money and the thought of playing in a big league is an attractive proposition.

Let's say I am Juninho Pernambucano, one of the most talented players of my generation. Its 2001, and I play for Vasco de Gama. Lyon have just offered to sign me, as they are building a team to win Ligue Un in France. The wages are good as well. Do I sign? OF COURSE. The money and the thought of playing in a big league is an attractive proposition.

NO. Lyon is not respected in Brazil and will never win Champions League. Nobody here dream about playing for french clubs...because we believe brazilian league is better than french league.

Nowadays only Premier League, La Liga and Serie A are better than Brasileirão. Brazilian league is at the same level that Bundesliga is. Maybe this is not true (and I dont belive it is), but is what most people in Brazil believe.

Edited by Henrique