Deco

kbchel

Then most people in Brazil are wrong, sorry. Teams like Schalke, Wolfsburg, Bremen and Dortmund would turn over the Brazilian teams.

I´m sure you never watched a brazilian team playing in last 2 or 3 years. Santos is much better than the teams you metioned.

• 1 month later...

great Player, great Career, just came over here one or 2 years too late, but still gave us great moments (stoke, sunderland, his stunning goals, hiss clinical passing)... sad for him, for me he has always been better than ronaldinho, he was the "brain" in that Barcelona Team that won everything...

The Chelsea midfielder Deco has been quite open about his desire to move back to Brazil, despite still having one year left on his contract at Stamford Bridge, and he has been in South America negotiating a deal with Fluminense.Now everything is set, and all that remains is for him to agree the terms of his release from Chelsea, which he intends to do this week, according to the Fluminense president Celso Barros.

He said: “As Deco himself said, the deal is well under way,”

“It depends only on him being released by Chelsea and passing the medical tests, because the salary and length of contract have already been agreed.

“We will not talk this Wednesday, but in principle Deco will go to London to try to expedite his release with Chelsea.

“That done, he has asked Fluminense for at least a week to be with his children in Brazil and then he will report for medical tests and to start training.”

I don’t think there will be any problem with Chelsea letting him go. He is hardly the force he was a few seasons ago is he?

^ just to back up, SkySports have reported

Chelsea midfielder Deco has already agreed personal terms with Fluminense, according to the president of the group that owns the Brazilian club.

Judging by the comments by the Fluminense president, the deal can only be done if Chelsea agree to release him from his contract? I think Chelsea may find it difficult to agree to that, but we should be looking to move him on this summer i think......

well i`m fine with Deco leaving..one or two decent performances a year just ain`t good enough ...

but is this not tapping ?

we got in enough trouble over Kakuta only to find out later that he wasn`t even legally under contract with Lens...well Deco clearly is under contract with us..i want the "transfer" to go through but if we were talking to a player under contract with another club, trying to get him to get out of his currenct contract so we could sign him for free....Twatini would be all over us like a rash and slagging us off to every media outlet he could find..

well i`m fine with Deco leaving..one or two decent performances a year just ain`t good enough ...

but is this not tapping ?

we got in enough trouble over Kakuta only to find out later that he wasn`t even legally under contract with Lens...well Deco clearly is under contract with us..i want the "transfer" to go through but if we were talking to a player under contract with another club, trying to get him to get out of his currenct contract so we could sign him for free....Twatini would be all over us like a rash and slagging us off to every media outlet he could find..

Thats a good point, players are only allowed to talk to other clubs once they are given permission by their current club, so either we have given him permission to talk to other clubs or the deal has done without our consent.

We have to stop releasing players from contracts. Cudicini, Shevchenko and now Deco have all gone now for absolutely nothing despite still having time left in their contracts. I know they're all 30+ but you'd have imagined we could have got around £10 million in total between the three of them!

Really? Cudicini - almost nothing, Deco - almost nothing, and Sheva wouldn't get £10m.

That's the problem with buying slightly older players, ie Sheva and Deco, they have little or none resale value.

Really? Cudicini - almost nothing, Deco - almost nothing, and Sheva wouldn't get £10m.

That's the problem with buying slightly older players, ie Sheva and Deco, they have little or none resale value.

Agreed. After Sheva's season for us, no-one would have wanted to pay for that.. Deco, we bought after he'd reached his peak, from then it was only going to go downhill.. Cudicini probably asked to be released, he enjoyed almost 10 years at the Bridge being second to Cech would've been tough on him (Though we should've got at least £5 from him, considering our backup became the infamous Hilario)

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3062919/Deco-set-for-Chelsea-exit.html

CHELSEA midfielder Deco is keen to return to Brazil to be with his ill son and expects to have his future sorted by Monday.

The Brazilian-born Portuguese playmaker looks set to be released from his Blues contract and Rio de Janeiro-based Fluminense look like a possible destination

Deco, 32, said: "It's been 13 years since I left Brazil for playing in Europe.

"Now I want to go back home and play in my country because I have never been able to win a title there.

"I want to return to Brazil most of all because of personal reasons but I am still under contract at Chelsea and I have to resolve that.

"I expect to have my situation resolved before July 26."

Deco joined Chelsea from Barcelona two years ago and played 28 games last season as Carlo Ancelotti's side clinched the Premier League and FA Cup Double.

What worrys me about this scape of player is that we do not replace them. And frankly if we are going replace them with young kit well i can tell u only bruma or mancienne will fight for belletis position, i can see someone replacing ballack or deco, I through that stoch will replace joe colé it was the logical choice insted of that we sold him so what is the point in all this ???

Some will thing money?? Yea maybe we aré clearing the pay rol but at what price if we do not win nothing again ??

What worrys me about this scape of player is that we do not replace them. And frankly if we are going replace them with young kit well i can tell u only bruma or mancienne will fight for belletis position, i can see someone replacing ballack or deco, I through that stoch will replace joe colé it was the logical choice insted of that we sold him so what is the point in all this ???

Some will thing money?? Yea maybe we aré clearing the pay rol but at what price if we do not win nothing again ??

honestly dude,get a grip..if buy,buy,buy is all you want,jump off our bandwagon and jump on Man City`s!

we didnt invest the millions upon millions in Cobham and the Academy for us to keep buying like we did in the past.

for a fan of Chelsea for 30 years,through two relegations and years of mediocracy,to hear people with such a doom and attitude now of all times..is tiresome, to put it politely.

I'm not quite sure what the problem with the Deco situation is tbh. He's said time and again he wants to leave and go back to his kids in Brazil, which means we'll have to release him for free. Saves us his wages plus all the costs incurred trying to maintain and improve his fitness. He gets to return to his family and see out his career in his native country, where there'll be no shortage of suitors for him. Looks like a good deal for both of us, so why isn't he gone already?

I'm not quite sure what the problem with the Deco situation is tbh. He's said time and again he wants to leave and go back to his kids in Brazil, which means we'll have to release him for free. Saves us his wages plus all the costs incurred trying to maintain and improve his fitness. He gets to return to his family and see out his career in his native country, where there'll be no shortage of suitors for him. Looks like a good deal for both of us, so why isn't he gone already?

Because i would imagine that the club don't want to let a player with a year left on his contract go for a free. I agree he should go, but i think the club will look to get "something" for him