N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

13 hours ago, mccg said:

There is no issue with Kante, he is still playing very well. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

You saying that over and over everywhere doesn't make it so.

How much time have you spent studying Sarri's Napoli?  Judging buy your posts, I suspect not much.

Start with this 

An Analysis Of Maurizio Sarri’s Napoli

https://tacticalcalcio.com/2016/04/18/an-analysis-of-maurizio-sarris-napoli/

Kante is playing the allan role.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/416437/maurizio-sarri-ngolo-kante-allan/

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/explained-kantes-new-role-in-sarris-chelsea-xi/1054619

France coach Deschamps has no problem with Kanté’s ‘fun’ new role at Chelsea under Sarri

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Best news of the day hands down, i love the Wee Baldy Man :wub: , now all that is missing is Hazard.

Here is an analysis on Monday Night Football tonight about the Jorginho/Kante situation.

The transcript is below:

Ginola thinks we are wrong to play him in his new position and has praised his influence on the French team in his natural role.

Carragher thinks Kante looks "a very average player in the position he is playing in now."

They have discussed ways of getting the best out of him. Do agree to an extent too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11564653/chelseas-midfield-problem-ngolo-kante-and-jorginhos-positioning

Carragher is spot on though imo. I rarely think going into a game that we have a star player in Kante in the new position. And I don't see that changing because I don't see him ever being that type of attacking player. This is me scrutinizing virtually every game we have played. He looks really ordinary. I love Kante too but he looks far from a player whose earning a near £300k p/w. And while I agree he is no way near the same quality due to a shift in position I think he needs to adapt more and have more influence on the game. Especially when he is earning the amount he is. 

9 hours ago, Stats said:

Here is an analysis on Monday Night Football tonight about the Jorginho/Kante situation.

The transcript is below:

Ginola thinks we are wrong to play him in his new position and has praised his influence on the French team in his natural role.

Carragher thinks Kante looks "a very average player in the position he is playing in now."

They have discussed ways of getting the best out of him. Do agree to an extent too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11564653/chelseas-midfield-problem-ngolo-kante-and-jorginhos-positioning

Carragher is spot on though imo. I rarely think going into a game that we have a star player in Kante in the new position. And I don't see that changing because I don't see him ever being that type of attacking player. This is me scrutinizing virtually every game we have played. He looks really ordinary. I love Kante too but he looks far from a player whose earning a near £300k p/w. And while I agree he is no way near the same quality due to a shift in position I think he needs to adapt more and have more influence on the game. Especially when he is earning the amount he is. 

thanks for sharing and it is an interesting problem in the current system.

On the other hand, I think it is literally Sarri's job to find the better system and formation for the player he has, not the other way around. I do not believe Kante can be as effective in attack as he is defending. It's simply not in his toolbox.

The unbeaten run masked a few problems in the team, the Kante position was one of them.

If we are to continue playing him and Jorginho then we need a slight tweak of formation/tactics.

19 hours ago, Robguima said:

thanks for sharing and it is an interesting problem in the current system.

On the other hand, I think it is literally Sarri's job to find the better system and formation for the player he has, not the other way around. I do not believe Kante can be as effective in attack as he is defending. It's simply not in his toolbox.

Sarri will not change, it was a problem in Napoli as well.

We either get him the players for Sarriball or he will be sacked.

We will not get him the players, especially if we get a 2 year transfer ban and Eden walks.

So, he will probably be sacked. If the bans hit and Eden goes in the summer, I predict October 2019.

Worst case scenario: we do not buy shit in January, and implode in the new year, I then predict an April or May Sarri sack. Roman is a scapegoater (unfortunately not with the cunt Marina) with a hair trigger pull.

Its a good thing we have mostly weak teams we face until early mid January.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sarri will not change, it was a problem in Napoli as well.

We either get him the players for Sarriball or he will be sacked.

We will not get him the players, especially if we get a 2 year transfer ban and Eden walks.

So, he will probably be sacked. If the bans hit and Eden goes in the summer, I predict October 2019.

Worst case scenario: we do not buy shit in January, and implode in the new year, I then predict an April or May Sarri sack. Roman is a scapegoater (unfortunately not with the cunt Marina) with a hair trigger pull.

Its a good thing we have mostly weak teams we face until early mid January.

heh Marina works under Roman and does his bidding. Can't imagine her with that much leverage considering how Roman runs the club.

All managers get sacked in a season or two.

Don't think Eden leaving will have that much impact to be honest (too inconsistent for me esp in CL), and think the club will be fine either way. Yes, unless we add some quality we won't compete in the PL, but with hazard we do NOT compete in CL anyway.