N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

Kante: Ready to kick on

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/15/kante--ready-to-kick-on

Yes, I enjoy it,’ he acknowledged. ‘It’s a new system and I enjoy being in this position, to get into the box and to get back and defend sometimes as well. It depends on the game but I enjoy the position. Sometimes you need to keep the balance and to get back and stay with the opposing midfielder. It’s one thing to move forward but it depends on the situation.

It’s a new system, 4-3-3, and we need to use Jorginho a lot,’ said Kante. ‘I think he is a good player with the ability to make the play in behind and find the players in front. At the moment it’s working very well and we hope to keep going in this way.

‘I think he’s very talented. When you give him the ball he’s able to keep calm and find good passes. He also understands the way the manager wants us to play so to have him is a big advantage.’

Problem with people who thinks Sarri is at fault that Kante isn't beast like before isn't Sarri. Stop overrating Kante and you will see what he is about.
Its like saying - let's play old boring football just so Kante could shine. He can't be beast like before if we have 70% of the ball, you know?
He will be very useful when big boys come to play against us.

16 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

I am really worried for Kante. I think Sarri is reducing the best dm in the world to an average player.

Kante is not a DM, it is a waste of his abilities to force him to just be a DM.

N'Golo Kante Accepts Dinner Invite From Fan, They Eat Curry, Watch Match Of The Day And Play FIFA

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-football-kante-accepts-dinner-invitation-after-evening-prayers-20180916?source=facebook

22 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

I am really worried for Kante. I think Sarri is reducing the best dm in the world to an average player.

While I can understand your worries and on 1 level I can agree, what you have to remember is that this is a brand new system. We are asking all of the lads to play a system we have been playing the exact opposite of.

Yes the wee baldy man looks out of place at times, and he could be used to strengthen the defense. But once the lads are more used to pressing as a single unit in formation he is going to be of a great use. We are just using his amazing defending skills in an attacking way.

The lads quite a good dribbler and also a good shot so we cant go into this thing 50% We have to stick with it. and have to fully commit to Sarriball and having the WBM playing further up field is a necessary part of our changes. And if you read his intervies he actually seems to like his new roll.

There will obviously be some mistakes but I'm shocked actually we have had such a smooth start.

'm all for giving Sarri some space to make some mistakes just as long as we learn from them.

14 hours ago, El P. said:

Problem with people who thinks Sarri is at fault that Kante isn't beast like before isn't Sarri. Stop overrating Kante and you will see what he is about.
Its like saying - let's play old boring football just so Kante could shine. He can't be beast like before if we have 70% of the ball, you know?
He will be very useful when big boys come to play against us.

So right now he is useless and waste of space? So much so we have to start waiting for the big boys...

Then let's reintroduce Fabregas into the starting line up or Lazy Loftus cheek and watch how teams pass our midfield by...

Honestly people need to seat and school themselves on Sarriball...we can't have a defensive midfielder in Sarri system cos our best form of defense is to press high and press effectively as a team where Kante excels brilliantly... His passing ability is immense and his doing very well in the new system if not excellently...

So what do TC members wants from this beast of a player is what I cannot comprehend....

21 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Think pigeonholing Kante to just a defensive midfielder is doing the fella a disservice. Under Conte, we saw glimpses of what he can do if given the license to go forward, charging into the opposition box (remember his goal against United in that 4-0 win?), spraying good passes forward etc? Sarri is giving him license to do that a little more while also still utilizing his defensive strengths - just in a different way than before - by using his energy, stamina to press higher up the field. Change or improvement isn't always a bad thing and the man himself seems to be enjoying his latest role as well.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/9/17/17866044/ngolo-kante-speaks-on-his-new-midfield-role-at-chelsea?utm_campaign=weaintgotnohistory.sbnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

“It’s good to be versatile. When I played in France, I did not play as a ‘sentinel’ with Caen and Boulogne-sur-Mer. It’s mostly something that happened in England with Leicester and Chelsea.

“Even if I was not alone in sentinel because we played with two, I do not regret leaving this post [sitting deep and shielding the defence] to go a little higher. I appreciate playing in this role [where I am] a little higher, to accompany the attacks and to return sometimes when it is necessary to defend. This is a new thing and I like it with this coach who has a well planned game. I like working in this system.

”To be higher on the field, to combine higher with the attackers, to play fairer and to have to create something is part of the game in this position. It’s a new challenge for me and I try to be up for the team and for myself.”

39 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

So right now he is useless and waste of space? So much so we have to start waiting for the big boys...

Then let's reintroduce Fabregas into the starting line up or Lazy Loftus cheek and watch how teams pass our midfield by...

Honestly people need to seat and school themselves on Sarriball...we can't have a defensive midfielder in Sarri system cos our best form of defense is to press high and press effectively as a team where Kante excels brilliantly... His passing ability is immense and his doing very well in the new system if not excellently...

So what do TC members wants from this beast of a player is what I cannot comprehend....

Stop putting words in my mouth. He is not waste of space, he is just not elite in this position. He is good, sometimes very good, but not excellent anymore like under Conte.

EDIT: Kante's passing ability is immense? People needs to stop acting as Kante is second coming of Edgar Davids... For Kantes' and their own good. His passing and close control are ok-ish, but he is fast so he can sometimes pull good dribbling because of that.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Stop putting words in my mouth. He is not waste of space, he is just not elite in this position. He is good, sometimes very good, but not excellent anymore like under Conte.

EDIT: Kante's passing ability is immense? People needs to stop acting as Kante is second coming of Edgar Davids... For Kantes' and their own good. His passing and close control are ok-ish, but he is fast so he can sometimes pull good dribbling because of that.

Who cares if not he is not excellent anymore and do u realise this is a whole new system in a new role where he never played before never could before like u think he will cos u always stereotype him to be a dimensional kinda of player...

Yes to me his passing ability is immense not Modric/Eriksen level kind of ability but for a player of his calibre it is definitely...memories of last season while we were shit and despite that he provided many clear cut chances with his same passing abilities...

Am I the only who would like to see Kovacic in the "Kante/Allan" role and Barkley playing the "Hamsik" role? Just to see how that would work. I feel like against West Ham we would have won if Kovacic or Barkley was getting those chances Kante got.

Just now, !Hazard! said:

Am I the only who would like to see Kovacic in the "Kante/Allan" role and Barkley playing the "Hamsik" role? Just to see how that would work. I feel like against West Ham we would have won if Kovacic or Barkley was getting those chances Kante got.

That would mean Kante not starting?

Barkley is built for the Hamsik role, but he failed to impress after Perth. I'm sure he'll get his chance to do so tonight

Just now, LAM09 said:

That would mean Kante not starting?

Barkley is built for the Hamsik role, but he failed to impress after Perth. I'm sure he'll get his chance to do so tonight

Yes, that would indeed mean Kante not starting. He's obviously incredibly important member of the squad but that doesn't mean he has to start every game against lesser sides in the league. Barkley-Jorginho-Kovacic would offer more going forward.

Yes, that would indeed mean Kante not starting. He's obviously incredibly important member of the squad but that doesn't mean he has to start every game against lesser sides in the league. Barkley-Jorginho-Kovacic would offer more going forward.
And defensively?

That midfield would not be running back to goal, so it could be suicidal away from home. Might get away with that at home if we take our chances.

The main takeaway from recent weeks is that Kante shouldn't be furthest one forward at all regardless of his "energy".