N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

No praise for him yesterday then? Showed exactly what he can offer in that role in the second half, excellent second half performance. If he plays like this more often in the same role it will be justified moving him in my eyes. This is what Sarri wants from him, he was the right distance away with the ball and without the ball. 

I love the Wee Baldy Man

Chelsea prepare for League Cup quarter-final against Bournemouth with joker in the pack as N'Golo Kante admits: 'My national team-mates have called me a cards cheat'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6508829/Chelsea-prepare-League-Cup-quarter-final-against-Bournemouth-joker-pack-NGolo-Kante.html

Good to see the lads all with smiles on their faces - even RLC

Roflmaooo on multiple levels....... (pro tip, Kante isn't even being played at DMF now)

'He's as good as N'Golo Kante... there's no argument about it' - pundit makes bold claim

CHELSEA midfielder N’Golo Kante has competition to be the best defensive midfielder in the league.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1064256/Chelsea-news-Kante-Fernandinho-injury-Manchester-City

That is according to former Premier League winger Michael Gray, who believes Manchester City’s Fernandinho is just as good as the Frenchman.

Kante was integral to Leicester’s incredible 2015/16 title-winning campaign, reshaping the expectancies of a holding midfielder with his phenomenal engine and precise timing in tackles and interceptions.

His superb year earned him a summer switch to Chelsea, where the deceptive destroyer claimed his second league title in consecutive seasons.

“Look, [Fernandinho is] one of the best,” Gray told talkSPORT.

“I put him alongside Kante. I know Kante’s had a lot of plaudits over the last couple of seasons - and rightly so, he’s a phenomenal player in that position.

“Fernandinho is as good as him. That’s how highly I rate him. He is, there’s no argument about it.”

The pundit then went on to critique City’s deep squad, which he believes is only falling short in the defensive midfield role.

snip

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

Roflmaooo on multiple levels....... (pro tip, Kante isn't even being played at DMF now)

'He's as good as N'Golo Kante... there's no argument about it' - pundit makes bold claim

CHELSEA midfielder N’Golo Kante has competition to be the best defensive midfielder in the league.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1064256/Chelsea-news-Kante-Fernandinho-injury-Manchester-City

That is according to former Premier League winger Michael Gray, who believes Manchester City’s Fernandinho is just as good as the Frenchman.

Kante was integral to Leicester’s incredible 2015/16 title-winning campaign, reshaping the expectancies of a holding midfielder with his phenomenal engine and precise timing in tackles and interceptions.

His superb year earned him a summer switch to Chelsea, where the deceptive destroyer claimed his second league title in consecutive seasons.

“Look, [Fernandinho is] one of the best,” Gray told talkSPORT.

“I put him alongside Kante. I know Kante’s had a lot of plaudits over the last couple of seasons - and rightly so, he’s a phenomenal player in that position.

“Fernandinho is as good as him. That’s how highly I rate him. He is, there’s no argument about it.”

The pundit then went on to critique City’s deep squad, which he believes is only falling short in the defensive midfield role.

snip

Not going to lie, Fernandinho started off at City looking overrated to me but under Pep he has been fantastic. Positionally his game has come on, I'd say hes probably one of the top midfield players in the PL. City lack something when he doesnt play. They will miss him when he leaves or retires too because hes early 30s and wont be at the top level for that much longer. I think its fair to say Fernandinho is as important to City as Kante was to us and Leicester in those PL wins. They arent maybe the most like for like players now that Kante and him ha e changed/adapted their games but their both pretty high on the list of MF players in the PL.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not going to lie, Fernandinho started off at City looking overrated to me but under Pep he has been fantastic. Positionally his game has come on, I'd say hes probably one of the top midfield players in the PL. City lack something when he doesnt play. They will miss him when he leaves or retires too because hes early 30s and wont be at the top level for that much longer. I think its fair to say Fernandinho is as important to City as Kante was to us and Leicester in those PL wins. They arent maybe the most like for like players now that Kante and him ha e changed/adapted their games but their both pretty high on the list of MF players in the PL.

Oh, I think he is hugely important, absolute key to Shitty. I have been getting stick because I have said for months Pep is a fool to say his squad nreds nothing, when they literally have no true back up for Fernandinho. Look at them now, after he went down.

I just think it is laughable though to same Fernandinho as a DMF is as good as Kante. It is a wonky comparison from the start, as Kante is not even being played at DMF anymore, and Fenandinho is a DH regista, which is not at all a trad DMF.

If you played them both at traditional DMF, Kante is better by miles.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Oh, I think he is hugely important, absolute key to Shitty. I have been getting stick because I have said for months Pep is a fool to say his squad nreds nothing, when they literally have no true back up for Fernandinho. Look at them now, after he went down.

I just think it is laughable though to same Fernandinho as a DMF is as good as Kante. It is a wonky comparison from the start, as Kante is not even being played at DMF anymore, and Fenandinho is a DH regista, which is not at all a trad DMF.

If you played them both at traditional DMF, Kante is better by miles.

Depends on the set up too though. Hence why Kante doesnt play as a 6 here but as an 8, he'd play as an 8 at City too and not as a 6. Fernandinho is better suited as a DM in a Pep or Sarri team. Better at building the game from deeper positions. In terms of tackles, interceptions etc I agree Kante truimphs Fernandinho.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Depends on the set up too though. Hence why Kante doesnt play as a 6 here but as an 8, he'd play as an 8 at City too and not as a 6. Fernandinho is better suited as a DM in a Pep or Sarri team. 

Oh, yes, for sure. That is what I meant by breaking down the roles they play.

Integrating Kante into Sarriball is Sarri's biggest structural issue. Most of the rest of his main issues are contractual,  and especially quality wise.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What a player keeps on improving. Some players sulk when played out of positon, but kante just soldiers on, adapts and does what he is asked to. When he first came here his passing was mediocre, he got some stick for it and now it is immaculate. Begnning of the season his offensive off-the ball movement was very minimal and now he keeps making those run whenever Jorginho or David are on the ball. If you tel this guy to score from the halfway line he will master it weeks later . What a character this guy is. An absolute inspiration this guy, not only for footballers but for mankind in general, there is nothing you can't master with his attitude. 

Kante is taking to the role

I am more than satisfied

he is a fucking WICKED little player

we are truly graced to have the wee baldy man

WORLD CLASS