John Terry

DavidEU

There are two things to be considered here:

Like Choulo said, JT offers that experience and displays the mentality the team needs to have in crucial games. For this, he will always be an asset to the squad.

The second, is that we'll also need to look beyond JT as he's not going to be around forever. We need to breed new champions, and the only way that can happen is if the current crop can win something signficant without the presence of the old guard. The Europa league final could serve as yet another test for that.

He had a massive performance today before the injury despite the possible sending off. It's a shame that he keeps getting injured, because it seems to take something out of him every time but oh well, that's the nature of the sport :(

He's out of contract next summer, he costs £160,000 p/w and he hasn't played much this season.

Maybe Jose thinks he can use him again next season but £8 million (plus the same in saved wages) at least requires consideration doesn't it?

FUck it, money will always be there but players like Terry are just one and only. He is our legend and should retire properly; here.

Same goes for Lamps.

According to The Guardian Galatasaray are to test John Terry's resolve to remain at Chelsea after the Turkish champions indicated they would be prepared to match the defender's salary, and offer him regular first-team football, as they prepare a formal bid for his services.

Just seen John Terry jogging on the pitch in Amsterdam ,looks like he is trying to declare himself fit ,what a warrior and great Chesea man he is ,he would die for Chelsea . Lets hope he makes it .

And now he just walked down the tunnel.

Selling JT and not renewing Lampard's contract in one season is like selling your soul to me. Call me sentimental if you want but you just don't do that IMO.

Jose will not let that happen ,he would not come if he were told to do that ,there would be no point ,hopefully our board treat Jose with the respect he deserves this time .

Selling JT and not renewing Lampard's contract in one season is like selling your soul to me. Call me sentimental if you want but you just don't do that IMO.

saddest thing is that few people represent the same attitude as our board. "too old, if somebody wants him then sell him"

It really does upset me that JT has missed out on playing in both of our European Cup final victories. I know last year his outburst could have cost us our place in the final when reducing us to 10 men but he is Mr Chelsea and would die for our club. I was gutted then and watching him having to sit out on last night's Europa League victory made me feel deeply sorry for the guy. Whatever happens JT, you have been one of the biggest reasons for success here over the years. A true Chelsea great.

Ahh I'm drunk and emotional. I love Chelsea! I love John fucking Terry!

Didn't Hilario, Blackman, Romeu and plenty players who weren't part of last night's action change into their kits too? :blink:

This is only being made into a 'problem' because he is John Terry.

If Scholes, Gerrard, Kompany or someone changed into their kit after not taking part you just know the opposition fans would be all "OMG HE LOVES THE CLUB, HE'D RATHER BE LIKE A FAN AND WEAR OUR CREST WHILE CELEBRATING THE WIN INSTEAD OF WEARING A FORMAL SUIT! :getin:".

This is nonsense.