John Terry

DavidEU

I am praying that Terry and Lamps do not go, first of all Terry is a one club players so far and he has played for the team he loves since he joined from Senrab youth team. Also how can you let 2 of the best captains in English football and potentially the world leave, Cech's good but who will be vice? I know they were against AVB abit but how many times have over players been against their team/managers and they've been allowed to stay, I think it'll be a disgrace if Abrahmovic let's them go and it will certainally upset many fans!

Terry breath's Chelsea, just like Lamps, you need to hold on to your legends!

On the other hand those legends needs to accept that theire best days are over and accept lesser playing time..

Thats the thing, they do accept it!

I'm pretty sure I remember Terry saying that he understands he would have to sit on the bench a lot, and pretty sure Lamps said it too.

We can't let our legends go, they have a meaning to the club above money.

Why would we sell JT. He is priceless to this football club on the pitch and on the training ground as well.

A few years ago you wouldn't get a single person arguing differently, but times change. If he isn't capable of the same things on the football pitch then you have to look at things like this, especially when he's coming to the end of his contract.

A few years ago you wouldn't get a single person arguing differently, but times change. If he isn't capable of the same things on the football pitch then you have to look at things like this, especially when he's coming to the end of his contract.

The team needs him, his experience, his commitment, his leadership.. We have a lot of young players in our team and if we keep getting rid of experience players like JT, we're going to end up like Arsenal with no experience on how to grind out results or win trophies. JT is the perfect footballing role model for all the youngsters we have.

The team needs him, his experience, his commitment, his leadership.. We have a lot of young players in our team and if we keep getting rid of experience players like JT, we're going to end up like Arsenal with no experience on how to grind out results or win trophies. JT is the perfect footballing role model for all the youngsters we have.

I don't disagree that he's a good pro in most regards but this bullshit about us becoming Arsenal shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what happened at Arsenal. They sold their better players and replaced them with people like Arteta, Podolski and Mertesacker - experienced players yes, but simply not good enough. WE AREN'T DOING THAT.

And I'll also remind you that Terry, with all his experience, got sent off in our biggest game last night yet our team stood up together and won. They then went on and won the biggest game in this club's history without him.

Times change.

Well said. JT is still the pillar of Chelsea´s defense. He might have slowed down a bit but keep in mind JT was injured.

JT is much more than a footballer, I feel. His experience is irreplaceable.

I don't disagree that he's a good pro in most regards but this bullshit about us becoming Arsenal shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what happened at Arsenal. They sold their better players and replaced them with people like Arteta, Podolski and Mertesacker - experienced players yes, but simply not good enough. WE AREN'T DOING THAT.

And I'll also remind you that Terry, with all his experience, got sent off in our biggest game last night yet our team stood up together and won. They then went on and won the biggest game in this club's history without him.

Times change.

Arsenal lost the players that knew how to scrape results and win trophies. Experience helps you a lot if you want to win. Us Chelsea fans should know that after last year.

Arsenal lost the players that knew how to scrape results and win trophies. Experience helps you a lot if you want to win. Us Chelsea fans should know that after last year.

Two things.

1. Arsenal underinvested in their team, and the investments they made weren't good enough. Experience didn't really come into it.

2. We're talking about last season's success as a reason to keep JT around? His experience got him sent off in the second-leg of a semi-final not for a mistimed tackle, not even for a dangerous tackle but for kicking a player.

Experience....kicks Sanchez....Experience.....kicks Sanchez.

But I'm sure he was sending telepathic messages of encouragement to the team from the tunnel.

And despite the photos, he didn't play in the final either. Experience is sometimes overrated.

Thats the thing, they do accept it! I'm pretty sure I remember Terry saying that he understands he would have to sit on the bench a lot, and pretty sure Lamps said it too. We can't let our legends go, they have a meaning to the club above money.

Do they now? I remember certain managers these guys got rid of when they didn't fancy playing said players anymore.

Saying one thing and actually doing it are two very different things. It's easy to say you're willing to sit on the bench when you're still playing week in week out, but your real colors are revealed only when someone actually has the guts to bench you. Then there's the matter of wages. Are either of these players ready to accept a contract with smaller wages when their contribution isn't worth 175k a week anymore? If they really do want to stay at the club badly enough to accept less wages and a smaller role for a couple of more years, then it really is a no-brainer but we can't really know for sure what happens behind the scenes. We certainly know Ashley Cole didn't accept smaller wages but at least he is still very much a first team player and he accepted only a one year contract instead of the two he wanted. Something tells me neither JT or Lamps are willing to have anything less than their friend Ashley so that puts the club in a bad situation. Either be blackmailed by these few players into paying more than they're worth or face the wrath of the fans by getting rid of the legends.

And before some of you reply by saying the club should just pay them what they want because they're legends and all, may I just remind what every other club have done with their long servants. They've either gotten them to accept a contract with modest wages to match their contribution (Scholes, Giggs for example) or released them. For the latter kind I could come up with countless of examples but the match is starting so I won't bother, you all get the point.

Two things.

1. Arsenal underinvested in their team, and the investments they made weren't good enough. Experience didn't really come into it.

2. We're talking about last season's success as a reason to keep JT around? His experience got him sent off in the second-leg of a semi-final not for a mistimed tackle, not even for a dangerous tackle but for kicking a player.

Experience....kicks Sanchez....Experience.....kicks Sanchez.

But I'm sure he was sending telepathic messages of encouragement to the team from the tunnel.

And despite the photos, he didn't play in the final either. Experience is sometimes overrated.

So we should sell him because of that incident? What about the million times his experience has saved the team? How about his experience that even got us to that game against Barcelona with great performances against Napoli (and a goal) and Benfica? What about the experience of Cech and Drogba that won us the CL?

Honesty, I'm not sure what you're arguing? Is it that experience is not important? Or is it that JT is not good enough? Look at the match today, he had an excellent performance and was miles better than Cahil.

My point is, you can't get a better squad player for 8m and more importantly you will lose the experience and leadership sills that he could pass onto other players on the training ground which, to me, is invaluable.

I hope his injury is not bad, he looked in a lot of pain :(

So we should sell him because of that incident?

Nope. Clearly not what I've said. If that was the case then I would've said we should sell him last May.

I'm just using this example to explode the myth of 'his experience, his commitment, his leadership'. Not to put too fine a point on it, but in his biggest game for this club he lost his head and let his teammates, the club and the supporters down.

What about the million times his experience has saved the team? How about his experience that even got us to that game against Barcelona with great performances against Napoli (and a goal) and Benfica? What about the experience of Cech and Drogba that won us the CL?

His experience....his great performances have helped build this club but you don't give players contracts based on what they did do. You give them contracts based on what you expect them to do.

Honesty, I'm not sure what you're arguing? Is it that experience is not important? Or is it that JT is not good enough? Look at the match today, he had an excellent performance and was miles better than Cahil.

An excellent performance? Was this another game you didn't watch because he was not excellent and might even have been lucky to have stayed on the pitch. If that's what you consider an excellent performance, then it explains a lot.

My point is, you can't get a better squad player for 8m and more importantly you will lose the experience and leadership sills that he could pass onto other players on the training ground which, to me, is invaluable.

£8 million is what we will pay him in wages. The other £8 million is the transfer fee.

Experience, passing on knowledge, right-click 'mentor Nathan Ake' yes yes yes.....Vertonghen went for about £10 million, Kompany for about £7 million and we're not even talking about squad players with these guys.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Nope. Clearly not what I've said. If that was the case then I would've said we should sell him last May.

I'm just using this example to explode the myth of 'his experience, his commitment, his leadership'. Not to put too fine a point on it, but in his biggest game for this club he lost his head and let his teammates, the club and the supporters down.

The myth of his experience, commitment and leader ships? So he does not have those things? Really?! That's just absurd, if you truly think so.

His experience....his great performances have helped build this club but you don't give players contracts based on what they did do. You give them contracts based on what you expect them to do.

Of course you do. First, I'm saying to renew his contract. And second, I'm saying that we should keep him, because experience like his shows when it matters.

An excellent performance? Was this another game you didn't watch because he was not excellent and might even have been lucky to have stayed on the pitch. If that's what you consider an excellent performance, then it explains a lot.

Lucky to stay on the pitch? First, that was never more than a yellow card because he was not the last man. Second, he had to do that because Ramires lost the ball (from a poor pass from Cahill). He was correcting someone else's. See what experience did there? He took one for the team instead of letting Benteke past him. Had Cahill done that in the first goal, this game would not have been as difficult as it were.

Yes, I think he had a very good game. Dominated everything in the air in our box and hardly put a foot in wrong. But tell me please, why didn't you like his performance?

£8 million is what we will pay him in wages. The other £8 million is the transfer fee.

Experience, passing on knowledge, right-click 'mentor Nathan Ake' yes yes yes.....Vertonghen went for about £10 million, Kompany for about £7 million and we're not even talking about squad players with these guys.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

And Bosingwa went for 22m. Those are obviously exceptions, but usually you won't find a defender of JT's quality for 8m.