John Terry

DavidEU

Wow, and few wonder why our board sucks so much. you just represent the same attitude they have. money, money, money. imagine utd fans going all "let's sell scholes and giggs because they're old and not the same players they were".

Big difference is that both aren't in serious danger of having their bodies breaking down. Good god some of you are over sentimental on people who could not give two shits about you personally.

Wow, and few wonder why our board sucks so much. you just represent the same attitude they have. money, money, money. imagine utd fans going all "let's sell scholes and giggs because they're old and not the same players they were".

He's out of contract next summer, he costs £160,000 p/w and he hasn't played much this season.

Maybe Jose thinks he can use him again next season but £8 million (plus the same in saved wages) at least requires consideration doesn't it?

JT not for sale. Especially, when you consider the crap we have just clogging up the wage bill that is still here.

We debate over 8 mil on a transfer like it's nothing and spend amazing sums, so I don't see why we should sell our captain either. Probably won't be first choice anymore. But there is not one player I would rather have on that pitch trying to defend a lead with 20 Mins to go.

Now rafa is useless at subs, but Jose is not and he would probably manage him much better.

JT not for sale. Especially, when you consider the crap we have just clogging up the wage bill that is still here.

We debate over 8 mil on a transfer like it's nothing and spend amazing sums, so I don't see why we should sell our captain either. Probably won't be first choice anymore. But there is not one player I would rather have on that pitch trying to defend a lead with 20 Mins to go.

Now rafa is useless at subs, but Jose is not and he would probably manage him much better.

JT was injured, if you remember. Currently Chelsea do have others to replace him & Galata are prepared to pay him 150 thou per week for 3 years. Where else can he get that kind of money for 3 years ?

But we are trying to be more sensible in this regard. Malouda and Benayoun will be gone (as might Lamps) and the players we sign are done with a focus on value.

A substitute defender (which is what he has become) on £8 million per year doesn't make much sense.

Couldn't we use that £16 million to help buy a new defender who will play the first 70 minutes, and maybe even defend for the last 20 too?

Personally I think this story is bullshit, and my first reaction was that Galatasaray surely aren't that stupid. If your reaction was similar, doesn't that tell you where John Terry is at this point in his career?

But we are trying to be more sensible in this regard. Malouda and Benayoun will be gone (as might Lamps) and the players we sign are done with a focus on value.

A substitute defender (which is what he has become) on £8 million per year doesn't make much sense.

Couldn't we use that £16 million to help buy a new defender who will play the first 70 minutes, and maybe even defend for the last 20 too?

Personally I think this story is bullshit, and my first reaction was that Galatasaray surely aren't that stupid. If your reaction was similar, doesn't that tell you where John Terry is at this point in his career?

If we bring someone in... Top quality, i. E. Subotic type, then yes, i would understand. But right now he is still one of our best centre backs. And managed right under Jose, him and Luiz would probably be our first choice pairing... Now we would have to game select a bit more, but i don't see, that after the injury he has been terrible as some people seem to think. He has had some bad games, but also had some solid games. Which defender hasn't.

JT was injured, if you remember. Currently Chelsea do have others to replace him & Galata are prepared to pay him 150 thou per week for 3 years. Where else can he get that kind of money for 3 years ?

We don't have others to replace him though...

Unless you think that luiz cahill and Ivan are the only centre backs we will need.

Probably lots of foreign places, in a years time if we don't give him a year deal. Especially mls type leagues. Perhaps JT wouldn't want to go to gala anyway.

If we bring someone in... Top quality, i. E. Subotic type, then yes, i would understand. But right now he is still one of our best centre backs. And managed right under Jose, him and Luiz would probably be our first choice pairing... Now we would have to game select a bit more, but i don't see, that after the injury he has been terrible as some people seem to think. He has had some bad games, but also had some solid games. Which defender hasn't.

The thing is I honestly don't know how good he is anymore. Maybe he's still the same JT and he'll have Benteke in his pocket today, or maybe he'll get skinned by Gabby.

Unless you think that luiz cahill and Ivan are the only centre backs we will need.

Probably lots of foreign places, in a years time if we don't give him a year deal. Especially mls type leagues. Perhaps JT wouldn't want to go to gala anyway.

We won a Champions League without him. I don't know if he's as important as he once was.

And I doubt anyone in the MLS would pay that much for him, especially with some of his character issues. Earning double what he'd probably get here has got to be a temptation.

Well, I´d hope for him to stay put. To me he brings stability to the defense. However, I doubt Chelsea will offer him 3 years deal.

The thing is I honestly don't know how good he is anymore. Maybe he's still the same JT and he'll have Benteke in his pocket today, or maybe he'll get skinned by Gabby.

We won a Champions League without him. I don't know if he's as important as he once was.

And I doubt anyone in the MLS would pay that much for him, especially with some of his character issues. Earning double what he'd probably get here has got to be a temptation.

I'm saying on a season basis... 3 centre backs is very bare, and yes we did win the champions league without him, but i would have rather had another centre back in there. Especially with Ivan sometimes playing rb, and Luiz sometimes playing midfield. Cahill for me, is a great second string, but imo he isn't a first team centre back atm.

True on the mls front regarding money, but they would have him and still pay him a fair chunk. IF it is true, (which I doubt), then it could be tempting, but he has a lot of money, and perhaps he just doesn't want to go to Gala. I think especially with Jose coming, he could really be utilised much better. Atm rafa doesn't play him, say he isn't 100 percent. JT says he is perfectly fit.

Jose would be able to manage that situation much better.