John Terry

DavidEU

He had issues with his fitness this season, but it's really depressing to see how many people write him off even before the start of the next one. IMO he still has a lot to give to the team despite people claiming his body is falling apart and him being close to retirement. Don't forget he is not that old yet :)

Its not that rare for players to retire before the ages of 35 due to fitness issues.

1. JT can still give a lot to this club even if he isn't a starter and doesn't wear the armband (I don't see where Jose actually stated that JT will be captain).

2. I think that they really should focus on his physical abilities this summer, he needs no improvement elsewhere.

3. About the armband: I don't think Terry should play every game (unless his mobility makes a shocking turnaround as per 2.), and so I don't think he should wear the band. But I don't think goalkeepers should wear armband because they physically are limited in their interaction with the ref. so I think it will be interesting who wears the armband for most of the games next season.

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely love JT #nohomo but I think its time to let him go. Just as we are free of any controversy he pops up with another. His got to much baggage in my opinion for what he can now contribute on the pitch. I hope we dont renew his contract.

I absolutely love JT #nohomo but I think its time to let him go. Just as we are free of any controversy he pops up with another. His got to much baggage in my opinion for what he can now contribute on the pitch. I hope we dont renew his contract.

BS man ... I could care less about his "controversies" honestly.

He is a club legend and we need people like him, its good for the spirit of the club, for the soul, for the heart of the team.

Plus he can still be pretty good on the pitch IMO.

BS man ... I could care less about his "controversies" honestly.

He is a club legend and we need people like him, its good for the spirit of the club, for the soul, for the heart of the team.

Plus he can still be pretty good on the pitch IMO.

I know his a club legend but there comes a time where the baggage becomes to much for the reputation of a club. We need to improve our PR and with JT around there is always something. I'm sure Rafa was tasked with that job specifically of phasing him out slowly

I know his a club legend but there comes a time where the baggage becomes to much for the reputation of a club. We need to improve our PR and with JT around there is always something. I'm sure Rafa was tasked with that job specifically of phasing him out slowly

One more season.

Hoping Jose or one of his staff could potentially come up with a fitness schedule to get JT back into top shape like Rafa done with Torres. It might not make him a better defender but hes struggled with injuries a lot so maybe it could help.