John Terry

DavidEU

No, he needs to stay simply because of his HG status in the CL (our only one). JT still has a season or so left so he's still important for the squad make up.

I thought homegrown status was simply any player association trained for 3 years prior to their 21st birthday?

I thought homegrown status was simply any player association trained for 3 years prior to their 21st birthday?

I think for CL U need 4 player that was trained in your club for 3 years prior to their 21st birthday (Source:I play Football Manager )

For the PL yes, but not for the CL. CL requires 8 players to be association trained and 4 club trained players, for at least 3 years before their 21st. It's why Bertrand counts as an association player and not a club trained player because of the amount of loans we sent him on - so we're essentially 3 players short in the CL - we can only include 22 players instead of 25 and I don't think the board will let that go down to 21 just yet.

It's why it's vital we bring through the likes of Chalobah, Ake etc. Lukaku could've been club trained because he arrived at 18 but obviously it's about making the decision on whether you want to develop a player or hold him back - in which I think the club made a good decision, even though they did sacrifice his club trained status.

No not really tempted. As i said a few pages back. Jose will probably best no how to utilise him and he can still be very useful for us. Also it would be weird he would leave now the manager he admires most is at the club.

For the PL yes, but not for the CL. CL requires 8 players to be association trained and 4 club trained players, for at least 3 years before their 21st. It's why Bertrand counts as an association player and not a club trained player because of the amount of loans we sent him on - so we're essentially 3 players short in the CL - we can only include 22 players instead of 25 and I don't think the board will let that go down to 21 just yet.

It's why it's vital we bring through the likes of Chalobah, Ake etc. Lukaku could've been club trained because he arrived at 18 but obviously it's about making the decision on whether you want to develop a player or hold him back - in which I think the club made a good decision, even though they did sacrifice his club trained status.

Can't we chuck in as many under-21s as we like?

I suppose this is a decent reason to keep him around. I won't lie - a few years ago this would've been a no-brainer because he's a legend at this club, but recent events have soured that somewhat. I honestly don't know if he's still a good enough player anymore either, so this one is all on Jose.

Jose will want to keep him. same with lamps which is why i think he got a new contract. the relationship with jose, and their status amongst players in our squad helps the relationship for the team overall. Jose will want them around for their presence even if they dont play week in week out.

Can't we chuck in as many under-21s as we like?

I suppose this is a decent reason to keep him around. I won't lie - a few years ago this would've been a no-brainer because he's a legend at this club, but recent events have soured that somewhat. I honestly don't know if he's still a good enough player anymore either, so this one is all on Jose.

Only if they've been at the club for 3 or more years - and even then they wouldn't even need to be registered anyway - so it's 3 spots wasted.

JT can still do a decent job, he's a player you'd like to have around your squad simply because of his leadership qualities which you do need, but most importantly he needs to stay simply because of the squad make up, that's why the club won't be keen on selling him. He'll obviously not play as often but I'm very sure Jose will use him in the right way. JT still has a season or so (maybe even longer, we'll find out next season) of top level football left IMO.

Jose will want to keep him. same with lamps which is why i think he got a new contract. the relationship with jose, and their status amongst players in our squad helps the relationship for the team overall. Jose will want them around for their presence even if they dont play week in week out.

Completely agree , i see Terry going nowhere. Even in his interview Jose said its important that players like terry , cole and lampard are still at the club.

Personally i am 50/50 about it 20 mill is a lot for a 32 year old.

Only if they've been at the club for 3 or more years - and even then they wouldn't even need to be registered anyway - so it's 3 spots wasted.

JT can still do a decent job, he's a player you'd like to have around your squad simply because of his leadership qualities which you do need, but most importantly he needs to stay simply because of the squad make up, that's why the club won't be keen on selling him. He'll obviously not play as often but I'm very sure Jose will use him in the right way. JT still has a season or so (maybe even longer, we'll find out next season) of top level football left IMO.

A few years ago I'd agree with you in a heartbeat. If you ignore the tabloid stuff then he's a great bloke to have around by all accounts but I honestly don't know if what he brings to the table outweighs the baggage nowadays.

A few years ago I'd agree with you in a heartbeat. If you ignore the tabloid stuff then he's a great bloke to have around by all accounts but I honestly don't know if what he brings to the table outweighs the baggage nowadays.

I'd be tempted too if a very decent offer came along, but I think Jose will want to keep him around.

Sure he's got baggage...but you can't let go of natural leaders like JT. Just look at Manchester United..Rio & Giggs aren't the players they used to be...but Fergie kept them around on 1-year deals..just for that experience & leadership they bring to the club.

I'd love to see him stay on at the club, become a coach under Mourinho.

Sure he's got baggage...but you can't let go of natural leaders like JT. Just look at Manchester United..Rio & Giggs aren't the players they used to be...but Fergie kept them around on 1-year deals..just for that experience & leadership they bring to the club.

I'd love to see him stay on at the club, become a coach under Mourinho.

Rio had a great season last year, despite him being a cunt.

I don't want to bash JT because he's done so much for this club, but when our backs were to the wall in Barca and you need your leaders to step up what did he do?

Some people will say that's unfair and it's one isolated incident and maybe they're right. But that was one of the biggest games in our history and if people want to say that exemplified his leadership qualities then they're more than welcome to, but this isn't the JT of 2010 in my opinion.

Rio had a great season last year, despite him being a cunt.

I don't want to bash JT because he's done so much for this club, but when our backs were to the wall in Barca and you need your leaders to step up what did he do?

Some people will say that's unfair and it's one isolated incident and maybe they're right. But that was one of the biggest games in our history and if people want to say that exemplified his leadership qualities then they're more than welcome to, but this isn't the JT of 2010 in my opinion.

To be fair..i'm sure plenty of defenders would love to play 'rough' against Farcalona. There'll all a bunch of pests, diving around in the box.

I agree that this isn't the JT of 2010 or earlier...but he's still a useful homegrown player to our club.

If someone like Monaco decided to offer around 20 million for Terry..then i'm sure the club would consider the bid...

This 'natural leader' guff is perhaps the most over-exaggerated thing in football. It's almost as bad as the people who bleat on about passion, fighting for the shirt and all those other terrible clichés. Terry is on the wane, that much is indisputable. Physically he looks finished and has done for a while. If the chance to offload a high-earner who may not be a crucial piece moving forward comes then you do it.

This 'natural leader' guff is perhaps the most over-exaggerated thing in football. It's almost as bad as the people who bleat on about passion, fighting for the shirt and all those other terrible clichés. Terry is on the wane, that much is indisputable. Physically he looks finished and has done for a while. If the chance to offload a high-earner who may not be a crucial piece moving forward comes then you do it.

Very harsh but also very true

Mourinho hints at Terry omission

Talking Spanish TV programme Punto Pelota about his 'feud' with Madrid captain Casillas this season, the Portuguese said he always wants 'meritocracy' in his dressing-room, even if it means upsetting senior players, while he also alluded to tension between Terry and Chelsea's former interim boss Rafa Benitez in recent months.

"I am a coach who looks for a meritocracy," Mourinho said. "Whoever I think is best must play. Without looking at status or the past. You play as you train. It is a normal situation. As it was normal for me to leave [Marco] Materazzi, a mythical player at Inter, on the bench. Or like Benitez this year at Chelsea with Terry.

If Mourinho intends to make Terry a squad player now, then surely we would have to consider appointing a new captain, no?

We're not a selling club, we don't need the money, no need to sell. I don't buy that 20M offer, no way would anyone fork out that much for Terry with only 1 year left on his contract.

How does this make us a selling club exactly? It's not even about needing the money, it's about shedding our huge wage-bill, which isn't a bad thing.