John Terry

DavidEU

Lol. So Jose Mourinho comes back. The manager who probably admires him the most and whom he most admires and now he is gonna move to Monaco. If Rafa had stayed then maybe, but with Mourinho back I can't see that being likely.

Lol. So Jose Mourinho comes back. The manager who probably admires him the most and whom he most admires and now he is gonna move to Monaco. If Rafa had stayed then maybe, but with Mourinho back I can't see that being likely.

Just for the sake of seeing another point of view (not mine) we could look at it this way; If Mourinho sees Terry as not being pertinent to the squad any more, Monaco would be an attractive project for Terry. Remember it was Ranieri who first gave Terry his debut and integrated him into the squad when Terry began to rise as a Chelsea regular. Yes, Mourinho made him permanent captain but it was actually Tinkerman who first assigned him the armband in Desailly's absence.

It wouldn't be the most illogical move in the world. Not to mention the idea of making around £200,000/week, tax free at his age for a year :lol:

Just for the sake of seeing another point of view (not mine) we could look at it this way; If Mourinho sees Terry as not being pertinent to the squad any more, Monaco would be an attractive project for Terry. Remember it was Ranieri who first gave Terry his debut and integrated him into the squad when Terry began to rise as a Chelsea regular. Yes, Mourinho made him permanent captain but it was actually Tinkerman who first assigned him the armband in Desailly's absence.

It wouldn't be the most illogical move in the world. Not to mention the idea of making around £200,000/week, tax free at his age for a year :lol:

Yeah. And I am sure that is probably the lines that the reporter is going along.

The money would be tempting for anyone sure. But for all JT's many flaws which causes many to hate him, leaving somewhere solely for money probably isn't one of them. He loves this club so much that I just can't perceive him leaving especially at this point in time. Especially to a club that only just got promoted to the French league.

I personally think we will have two more seasons of JT. This one where he will be a fringe player who Jose will utilise to lock up games with 20 Mins or so to go and lead the team which he has to be the best at.

I think he will get another 1 year deal on a reduced wage, and have a similar role for that season, if slightly more reduced. Before leaving to USA or whatever to end his career like what Beckham did etc.

Yeah. And I am sure that is probably the lines that the reporter is going along.

The money would be tempting for anyone sure. But for all JT's many flaws which causes many to hate him, leaving somewhere solely for money probably isn't one of them. He loves this club so much that I just can't perceive him leaving especially at this point in time. Especially to a club that only just got promoted to the French league.

I personally think we will have two more seasons of JT. This one where he will be a fringe player who Jose will utilise to lock up games with 20 Mins or so to go and lead the team which he has to be the best at.

I think he will get another 1 year deal on a reduced wage, and have a similar role for that season, if slightly more reduced. Before leaving to USA or whatever to end his career like what Beckham did etc.

Yeah, I don't see it happening either, but it's logical. 2 seasons is very optimistic, I think we'll definitely get something from him this season in terms of a transition. The thing is, Lampard sort of 'earned' his contract with goals at times when they were needed and obviously to lure Mourinho it was needed. However Terry's been a scarce in the starting XI under Rafa and unless Mourinho plays him like 50-60% of the season, I don't see him being offered a new deal.

Also depends on politics. The whispers about Roman being annoyed at Lampard regarding Villas-Boas weren't baseless and if that's what was hindering contract talks then Terry should be fine in that regard. It will be crucial to observe whether the Board will take on Mou's opinion about contract extensions or not.

I think that is a very reasonable reading of the situation. John's playing days are numbered due to his injuries

the weather is great in LA and plenty of dollars ,,,a nice way to add to the pension

Yeah, there are always exotic places to go, even when you're almost finished as a player. It would be amazing for him to end his career at Chelsea though, I'd love that more than anything.

Yeah, I don't see it happening either, but it's logical. 2 seasons is very optimistic, I think we'll definitely get something from him this season in terms of a transition. The thing is, Lampard sort of 'earned' his contract with goals at times when they were needed and obviously to lure Mourinho it was needed. However Terry's been a scarce in the starting XI under Rafa and unless Mourinho plays him like 50-60% of the season, I don't see him being offered a new deal.

Also depends on politics. The whispers about Roman being annoyed at Lampard regarding Villas-Boas weren't baseless and if that's what was hindering contract talks then Terry should be fine in that regard. It will be crucial to observe whether the Board will take on Mou's opinion about contract extensions or not.

I think he still has a lot to offer if used correctly. All those years of him playing with broken bones and such will have taken its toll, and I don't see him being an automatic starter. But in our whole team, I can't think of a player I would want more to come in with 20 Mins to go to solidify the defence, and ensure everything is organised at the back.

It was one of my big criticisms of rafa that with 1 sub left and protecting a lead he wouldn't even put him on with 5 Mins left. Especially after what happened at the likes of reading etc.

Mourinho, would be most likely to be able to utilise him better, and crucially JT would probably understand it better if it came from Jose. I get the impression that Jose is someone he really trusts and respects and if anyone can change JT's role slightly so he can still have an impact I think it would be Jose.

Managed correctly and barring any more major injuries I think 2 years is a fairly reasonable estimate. Whilst we are on the subject of contract renewals I would be very surprised if Ashley Cole's contract wasn't renewed. And with Jose back, if lampard can still have am impact coming of the bench it wouldn't surprise me if he did as well. Though that isn't something that we need to be thinking about yet.

mMMmmmmMMMm. It would really help the wage bill having him depart. In theory freeing up wage space for a brand new central defender.. like Subotic, Hummels etc.

Didn't make that many appearances last season and when he did he rarely performed good imo.

No player is untouchable.

£7 million for a 32 year old in the last year of his contract who is also one of (if not the) biggest earners at the club.

Is anyone not tempted by this? Let's be honest.....he's not Frank Lampard.

If he wants to go - I AM COMFORTABLE with it...

Terry has been absolutely immense - but gets a raw deal over here - if he can go enjoy himself with an extra £10 million - then he should... I'd rather see JT playing - than sat on the bench...

All over the radio today that Monaco are indeed in for him. The french league ain't the strongest so he may be tempted as he reaches the twilight of his career. I feel that club's management have (wrongly) gone cold on him since all the race stuff.

I hope he finishes his career with Chelsea, but wish him all the very best if he goes. Been fantastic for the club.

Club management have gone cold on him? How so?