John Terry

DavidEU

I didn't see any fuss about a dropped yet fully kitted Rooney collecting that Premiership medal last week ...

You can't really compare winning a League title to a tournament however. Rooney still played 26 games for United in the league, even if he didn't play in the Swansea game at OT, while Terry played no part in either European final. But even then, I find all the people singling out Terry to be quite stupid to be honest. We had 4 keepers dressed out in their kits, not to mention Ferreira, Ake, etc. dressed out too. Oh well, people will always find a way to slag of Terry, no matter how petty (although I can't say that he hasn't deserved it).

Honestly I see nothing wrong with it. He is our captain, it's normal that he lifts the cup even if he misses the final. Especially if that captain has done and sacrificed for the club as much as JT has.

Besides, I enjoy the funny photoshopped images :lol:

You can't really compare winning a League title to a tournament however. Rooney still played 26 games for United in the league, even if he didn't play in the Swansea game at OT, while Terry played no part in either European final. But even then, I find all the people singling out Terry to be quite stupid to be honest. We had 4 keepers dressed out in their kits, not to mention Ferreira, Ake, etc. dressed out too. Oh well, people will always find a way to slag of Terry, no matter how petty (although I can't say that he hasn't deserved it).

Well Terry played 6 of our 9 games, so he's still contributed his fair share to the trophy winning effort. I honestly cannot be arsed about his antics on Wednesday. For one, he missed the game through an unfortunately timed injury, unlike last season when his stupidity cost him a place in the final and nearly cost Chelsea a place in the final; the latter only averted through the heroism of his teammates. Secondly, as you say, he wasn't the only one doing it. I prefer the dignity maintained by the Benfica subs, for instance, who only collected their medals in their training tops. Hazard and Ba did the right thing too and you could argue Terry should've donned a suit as Ake, Hilario etc atleast made the bench, but let's face it, the club probably has the final say on who goes up to collect the medals in what kit and they wouldn't have missed out on an opportunity for him to lift it with Frank, being primary club captain and all.

^ exactly, Hilario and Blackman were both fully kitted-up without even playing one minute for us competitively this season. Terry is the captain, and is going to lift the trophy under all circumstances. Would look weird if he was wearing a suit.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/25/frank-lampard-begs-chelsea-to-keep-brilliant-john-terry-3808490/?

It seems we're going to endure a repeat of this season regarding contract renewals. I wonder how many people in the media will leap to JT's defense this time lol

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/25/frank-lampard-begs-chelsea-to-keep-brilliant-john-terry-3808490/?

It seems we're going to endure a repeat of this season regarding contract renewals. I wonder how many people in the media will leap to JT's defense this time lol

Wouldn't be Chelsea without some drama throughout the season..

It's going to be a pain in the ass, isn't it ? It'll be long and boring. And I can already fashion how it will be : the medias will do a u-turn and will "root" for Terry just so they can criticize us while Terry and his agent will play the "victim card" just like Lampard and his agent have done. Unnecessary dramas are lying ahead, I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...