The Conte Thread

4 minutes ago, Panic said:

I am very much a fan of Conte, but the club should expect to be competing for the title every season with top 4 being the minimum. It is almost certain that he will fail to meet these expectations. Even then though,it wouldn't be unreasonable to keep him on for another season given that we won that title with him last year. One thing is certain though, if he is to stay, he and the board have to get on the same page regarding transfers. Either the board need to invest more, or Conte has to drop his expectations and make due with what we have and not complain about it.

Thats alot easier said than doneI

If you were a passionate manager full of hope, wanting to succeed in your new job woud you be happy if your bosses didn't listen to the advice you gave them?

If you were a painter and you needed some new badger hair paint brushes but your boss who knows sod all about painting sent for some cheap nylon bristle one that come out all over the wall ruining the paint job.

Its the same sorta thing.

I just read where Conte was upset Emenalo left which suprized me as I always disliked him and always thought he was a shitstirrer who was jealous of our managers and loved being the center of attention.

But he said Emenalo helped him alot as inbetweener but now he has to deal with Granivoskia who I doubt knows much about football.

We need to get a new Sporting Director in. The last i read we was talking to Lilles Sporting Director Luis Campos. Dunno what he is like.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

If you were a passionate manager full of hope, wanting to succeed in your new job woud you be happy if your bosses didn't listen to the advice you gave them?

We need to get a new Sporting Director in.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know the inner workings of Chelsea, but it seems reasonable to suggest Conte doesn't have much power in our transfer dealings. This combined with the fact United and City easily outspend us these days, would leave any manager frustrated, if they want to win the league that is. Unless we luck out and find the next genius, someone like Sir Alex Ferguson, then the board needs to seriously address our issues on and off the pitch. This doesn't just mean finding a new manager and buying expensive players. This means creating a stable environment.One where managers don't leave the moment they fail to win the EPL. Our manager should also be on the same page with the board with regards to transfers, playing style, etc. In addition,  we also need to make sure we have football people that have a significant influence on footballing decisions, so finding a good Sporting Director is key.

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

If you were a painter and you needed some new badger hair paint brushes but your boss who knows sod all about painting sent for some cheap nylon bristle one that come out all over the wall ruining the paint job.

Its the same sorta thing.

I just read where Conte was upset Emenalo left which suprized me as I always disliked him and always thought he was a shitstirrer who was jealous of our managers and loved being the center of attention.

But he said Emenalo helped him alot as inbetweener but now he has to deal with Granivoskia who I doubt knows much about football.

We need to get a new Sporting Director in. The last i read we was talking to Lilles Sporting Director Luis Campos. Dunno what he is like.

About Marina Granovskaia, she was never in sport actually before Chelsea. As I remember she was working for one of Abramovich oil companies in Russia I believe and Roman literally offered her a job just like that.

Emenelo was someone between the coach and Marina because Roman only speaks to Marina, rarely with Emenelo at the time.

A new SD would still fully answer to Marina Granovskaia not Roman Abramovich so  pretty much nothing will change. 

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

I've read thru all this thread with great interest, not commented on any of the post negative or positive.

But this is my thoughts on the subject, it's not if we sack Conte, and that Sarri is coming here as some knight in shining armour and all our problems will be solved, cos they won't.

Tottenham have the same boardroom problems they had in 2014, Liverpool have the same boardroom problems they had in 2012 yet it hasn't stopped them progressing ten fold on the pitch, why? Because they have quality managers who get on with their job.

Last season we had both of those things and while we may not have a Chelsea 2005 squad mark 2, we certainly have the ingredients to be a very good team regardless of what's going on upstairs, what Roman does or doesn't do can only excuse the manager to a point.

32 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tottenham have the same boardroom problems they had in 2014, Liverpool have the same boardroom problems they had in 2012 yet it hasn't stopped them progressing ten fold on the pitch, why? Because they have quality managers who get on with their job.

Last season we had both of those things and while we may not have a Chelsea 2005 squad mark 2, we certainly have the ingredients to be a very good team regardless of what's going on upstairs, what Roman does or doesn't do can only excuse the manager to a point.

In case of Tottenham Poch joined with Paul Mitchell (he is known as Dele Alli talent spotter) from Southampton.

Let's say we bring Jardim, will he come with the scout who found Mbappe and other talents at Monaco.Makalele also was an important person in their success last year. ( http://www.goal.com/en/news/makelele-admits-he-had-to-talk-to-bakayoko-every-day-at/dekv2m4s0xev1v86a0hoyvubt ) Next manager's performance will also depend on the people that he will have around him.

I think most people have no problem with Conte's sacking at this point. They just have doubts that we will get the best out of Sarri or whoever comes.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Liverpool hasn't stopped progressing

VVD the player Conte also wanted was signed by Liverpool for a record fee in January.

Klopp said this in March about the summer  “This club will do what we have to do, the owners are ready for that,”

Who knows, maybe we would not be in this position if Conte could say that about our board.

6 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

VVD the player Conte also wanted was signed by Liverpool for a record fee in January.

Klopp said this in March about the summer  “This club will do what we have to do, the owners are ready for that,”

Who knows, maybe we would not be in this position if Conte could say that about our board.

He ultimately had to give up his best player to get him (looking at the figures down the years, FSG's transfer policy makes ours look like City, no chance were they spending that much on a CB without getting it back in a sale).

That's not to say we couldn't have done more, but imagine if Conte's told he can only sign a top defender if we sell Eden to raise the funds? he would have probably started WW3.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He ultimately had to give up his best player to get him (looking at the figures down the years, FSG's transfer policy makes ours look like City, no chance were they spending that much on a CB without getting it back in a sale).

That's not to say we couldn't have done more, but imagine if Conte's told he can only sign a top defender if we sell Eden to raise the funds? he would have probably started WW3.

After Salah came they were not so dependent Coutinho like we depend on Hazard. I wrote the second post separately also because Poch did not need a 80 million signing to fix his defense. Klopp needed.

So I don't think they should be in the same category, but your main point is indisputable. Among these three managers, in similar circumstances Conte would moan the most about the transfers.

I don't see how we can trust this man for the FA cup final. Not only is he a failure in knockout cup competitions, but his line-up and formation changes in the last 2 games have been an absolute disgrace bordering on intentional sabotage. An ideal scenario is we sack him before the FA cup final to put that sack on his CV . We won't do it though as we're wrangling over a few milllion pounds. Conte deserves that black mark on his CV after the unprofessional season he has created for us. He's been an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Watch him moan over transfers... With players like Morata Willian Hazard Barkley Kante Fabregas Azpi Rudiger Christensen....he yet manages to suffer without the ball against fucking Newcastle....i bet Joddy Morris will be a better job than him with current set of players... But conte will rather see his first born bakayoko see out game though he is absolutely abysmal... 

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

New manager in next season -we'll reach top four. 

The following season we'll sign three average players, the manager will look all forlorn, not his signings, as we finish out the top four. So the cycle will continue

I will accept with all my heart provided he plays attacking and avoids playing 10men behind the ball against newcastle

Again, I love how people think changing managers is the way to solve the problem we have at our club.

Change some people upstairs. Keep Conte/change manager whatever and back him. Keep players who are committed to the cause (Courtois & Hazard, are they committed are they not? Maybe they are but no movement with contracts really says it all) and get rid of the duds like Moses Bakayoko Cahill Zappacosta etc. Spend wisely on some better players. Have back up targets for back ups so we aren’t left short in the market.

5th place isn’t the worst of finishes but for defending champions who just had a similar title defense 2 seasons ago with the same bulk of players more or less I am not surprised one bit that this has occurred again. It was Jose’s fault then and now this season is Conte’s fault... some of these players need to look in the mirror the effort today was shocking. Unsure about the mentality of some of the players too. If we had a Terry, Ballack, Drogba or a Lampard in the side, they’d be telling people what they thought of that today. Hope Conte had a good go at them too.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again, I love how people think changing managers is the way to solve the problem we have at our club.

It won't solve all the problems, but it would be a positive step in the right direction, just like sacking Jose was.

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

the effort today was shocking. Unsure about the mentality of some of the players too. If we had a Terry, Ballack, Drogba or a Lampard in the side, they’d be telling people what they thought of that today. Hope Conte had a good go at them too.

Lets not pretend those lot weren't partial to these type of games, for the duration of 10/11 and then under AVB, they were churning these type of displays up like they were going out of fashion.