The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Could we not try a 424 

dave rudigur Christiansen emerson

Kante drinkwater

Willian morata giroud hazard

I would be all for that, that is actually a great lineup even though we can not realize it just now because of all the injuries.

The decision to introduce the back 3 was right last seaso and now it is the right time to reverse it, as people know how to deal with it: peck the wingbacks back to and get behind the midfield in numbers than there will be loads of space due to cahill's backing off and lack of pace as well as Bakayokos lack of positional intelligence, late tackling, defensive workroate or simply not being fit to play football at any level. We got way too many defenders on the field and still our centre is weak.

Conte showed balls introdocing the back 3 as first manager in England, now he needs to have the balls to introduce a new system. Watford and Bournemouth dominated us because they found us out. They stopped the supply to hazard or stopped him controlling the ball, pressurized the wingbacks attacking with two players on one side, gave Bakayoko no time to breath and played balls behind cahill. Even the shittiest teams can mimic that and unless we drastically change formation and at least get bakayoko and cahill out of the team there is nothing we can do about it.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I would be all for that, that is actually a great lineup even though we can not realize it just now because of all the injuries.

The decision to introduce the back 3 was right last seaso and now it is the right time to reverse it, as people know how to deal with it: peck the wingbacks back to and get behind the midfield in numbers than there will be loads of space due to cahill's backing off and lack of pace as well as Bakayokos lack of positional intelligence, late tackling, defensive workroate or simply not being fit to play football at any level. We got way too many defenders on the field and still our centre is weak.

Problem with that line up I put on here by time we can do it we will have sold hazard to RM

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Problem with that line up I put on here by time we can do it we will have sold hazard to RM

i think that is actually the best time to implement it. 4-2-4 usually requires the wide attackers to stay wide. Hazard is not really perfectly utilised in that system. but i could imagine leon bailey in that role

Conte looks so uncharacteristic this season. Back in juve,italy and even last season at cfc, he made some bold decisions, there was lot of passion, desire, character.

Where is all that this season? It cant be just on Conte, he managed to keep Juve in motivated shape for few years.

I believe that the players are the main problem here, same happened under Mou when they decided to stop playing and season later we win title with almost same squad.

Perfect example is probably Willian who hinted at move if he doesnt play. Hell, he is simply not good enough to be playing in first 11, and he demands more play time or threatening he will leave? I can imagine the rest being the same bunch, but with difference that Eden, Tibo, Kante, Azpi, Christensen actualy deserve to play because they are good.

On other hand, I dont understand Conte decision to keep playing Eden upfront (instead of Pedro or now Giroud) and Cahill when we have other defenders available.

Hopefully club do stick by him. I think when the summer comes, we'll see a lot of changes. Player wise anyway. Expect at least Cahill, Luiz, Willian, Bakayoko, one of Moses/Zappacosta... 3 or 4 new signings of a better quality to go into the first 11 and we are a different team again. I don't think we are 10000 miles off being a better team, Courtois (if he stays), Azpi, Christensen, Kante, Hazard (if he stays), Morata... all more than good enough, if we can up the level of a few guys around them then yeah there's a chance. Think we fucked up not getting Laporte and Sanchez, fair enough they'd have cost a bomb but Laporte would have been excellent for us at LCB and no surprise hes already looked pretty decent for City v WBA, not just defensively but in terms of how he uses the ball. 

Even if the club don't stick by Conte come the summer (or next few weeks haha), whoever comes in to replace him will need to be able to spend like 200-250m to overhaul key areas of the team and also reduce the minutes of some players. The shackles have to come off, same mistakes that were made after Jose won the league, were made again. 

Sarri is the real top manager of Serie A. But he doesn't know a single word of english, and  he is not the kind of person who change his life joining a new country at the age of 59 (IMHO) Allegri is an average manager, very smart from the communicative pov. in a word: overrated  Luis Enrique is another overrated manager. 

The only one that can achieve results without spending big money  is Simeone

Sarri worked as international bank trader in London and Luxemburg before quitting the bank job to follow his passion

I don't think that the language or the life change are problems 

I only hope that he will teach football in my Napoli as long as possible but I know that in some year he'll move to Spain or England

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

same mistakes that were made after Jose won the league, were made again. 

The difference is that Conte knows how to get results out of mediocre players which is something Mourinho can never do. If we had this same squad with Jose we wouldn't have been in the top 4 at all.

53 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully club do stick by him. I think when the summer comes, we'll see a lot of changes. Player wise anyway. Expect at least Cahill, Luiz, Willian, Bakayoko, one of Moses/Zappacosta... 3 or 4 new signings of a better quality to go into the first 11 and we are a different team again. I don't think we are 10000 miles off being a better team, Courtois (if he stays), Azpi, Christensen, Kante, Hazard (if he stays), Morata... all more than good enough, if we can up the level of a few guys around them then yeah there's a chance. Think we fucked up not getting Laporte and Sanchez, fair enough they'd have cost a bomb but Laporte would have been excellent for us at LCB and no surprise hes already looked pretty decent for City v WBA, not just defensively but in terms of how he uses the ball. 

Even if the club don't stick by Conte come the summer (or next few weeks haha), whoever comes in to replace him will need to be able to spend like 200-250m to overhaul key areas of the team and also reduce the minutes of some players. The shackles have to come off, same mistakes that were made after Jose won the league, were made again. 

I will make barbeque and invite whores for the whole week if that happens. We will probably again go with policy of 80m for top player is too much but two bang average for 40m is excellent business.

On another note, Im glad we steered clear of Sanchez. I dont see what people vision in him. Good player but those wages were ridiculous. Even City left him lol.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

For me, the only reason he hasn't been sacked is they are lining up his replacement.

you not buying that BBC story that he wont be sacked then?  I think we'd have done it regardless tbh if he was going

Strange that none of the "Chelsea journos"  are backing BBC up.   Plausible that there really is nothing going on, of course

Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

you not buying that BBC story that he wont be sacked then?  I think we'd have done it regardless tbh if he was going

I'm not no, to be honest mate. This is my take on things, but I think the club will be actually seeking a replacement as I type and sounding out potential replacements. I think, like the transfer policy, anyone will do.

They have to be prepared if we lose to WBA, or whenever the time they think is right. Very rare you see managers getting sacked without the club having a replacement more or less lined up.

Matter of time for me.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm not no, to be honest mate. This is my take on things, but I think the club will be actually seeking a replacement as I type and sounding out potential replacements. I think, like the transfer policy, anyone will do.

They have to be prepared if we lose to WBA, or whenever the time they think is right. Very rare you see managers getting sacked without the club having a replacement more or less lined up.

Matter of time for me.

i hope he stays myself, hes brill IMO. Board need a good kick up the arse aswell.   

Unless there is news tonight at 10.30 - none of our journos have reported a thing since this morning. why is no one else backing up the BBC (yet)?   

Any manager would do well to win 2 in 10, lose 3-0 to B'mouth then 4-1 to Watford and stay in a job here. If Conte gets through this and is in charge for WBA, i think hes here until May minimum

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Matter of time for me.

Well when we sack Mourinho we had no manager in sight. 

It was just sack him and let the assistant take over till the end.