The Conte Thread

Unbelievable the difference between current Conte and past-season Conte. At this point I don't know whats the difference between Conte's and Mourinho's negative aspects. At least Mourinho had a past story, while Conte is around for only one season and half. 

Conte must shut up and do his job. A great coach is the one who can turn things around when the team is getting bad result. If a team collapses when the first bad results appear the manager is not doing a great job. Right now the team is playing worse from game to game. This is the moment Conte must show what he is about, specially in the game against Barcelona. I really hope at least we can give them a game and avoid an Arsenalesque demolition.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Well this has now come to a point where I wish he would just shut up. With things like these it's difficult not to think that he wants the sack. He's basically calling the board and the players shit while bigging up himself. Last season he was different, much humbler, now it looks like he just doesn't give a fuck anymore. I can't imagine it rubbing off any positive mood to the squad, especially what he said there about "not smiling while working hard". He's like Rihanna with all this work talk.

To be fair, this is the real Conte. Used to be combative figure when he was back in Italy. His other quotes, though, were even worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/10/antonio-conte-chelsea

“You continue to work with a manager or coach not because of what he achieves in one season but because you trust in him,” he said. “Then you build something with him.

“But it doesn’t mean you have to win something, because that’s not simple. Not easy. Especially in England. The way I look at it, you can win [a trophy] but, at the same time, the club might not be happy to stay with you. In that case, [they might consider] it’s right to send the coach away. At the same time, you can trust in a coach and his work and continue with him even if you don’t win, and try and build something important.

“There are two ways. There is a stupid way and an intelligent way. This is my opinion. At the same time, I have great respect for everyone’s opinion. If the club decides to send me away, I don’t know when, it’ll be because they’re not happy with my work. As you know very well, my contract expires in 2019. From my point of view, there is the will to stay and continue to work for this club.”

Also, in that same article, I don't get how he can moan about the media creating speculations, negative vibes around the club when he's been feeding them with negative stuff to write about on a weekly basis. :doh:

54 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Antonio Conte has admitted to being "a disaster" when it comes to persuading Chelsea to sign players.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11247062/antonio-conte-says-convincing-chelsea-on-signings-is-a-disaster72893cf44479b171c5a7980cd4b8e9ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He also need to learn to convince players to join us. We lost ox to pool 

On 10/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, Jason said:

Banged about how we're in a top 4 fight this season. Has gotten his wish now...

in the middle a market session in which the Board gives away Bats and leaves the squad without a striker :doh:

27 minutes ago, Barbara said:

The truth hurts people
Dozens of you said many times that Conte brought the best out of many average players we have, that we overachieved and outperformed and when he says that he's able to do that he's lacking *false* modesty and humbleness *rolls eyes*
Why can't someone admit what they are good at?
I'm tired of those politically correct people. They suck monkey balls, unbearable people who are annoying as hell and looks like a mark of this age, all generations included. I despise politically correct attitude

It's because saying this publicly puts more negative spotlight on the club, more pressure on himself and affects the squad negatively I presume.

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

The truth hurts people
Dozens of you said many times that Conte brought the best out of many average players we have, that we overachieved and outperformed and when he says that he's able to do that he's lacking *false* modesty and humbleness *rolls eyes*
Why can't someone admit what they are good at?
I'm tired of those politically correct people. They suck monkey balls, unbearable people who are annoying as hell and looks like a mark of this age, all generations included. I despise politically correct attitude

Its not about being politically correct. Its about not being stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

The fans always support the coach no matter who he is...well only Benitez was the exception but the fans always support. 

Were there vocal support for Ancelotti, Scolari, AVB? Conte even has his own banner at the Bridge! Don't think even Mourinho had one in the past?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Were there vocal support for Ancelotti, Scolari, AVB? Conte even has his own banner at the Bridge! Don't think even Mourinho had one in the past?

People were very vocal about wanting Scolari and in particular AVB sacked if I remember correctly. If we never won the CL and FA cup that year RDM came in, people would probably have called for his head too. I think people have seen now that the club has a big chunk of blame to take for not only how we’ve been this season but also in previous seasons gone by, like Jose’s last year, although he was always going to get sacked things were worse then than they have been this season imo but could habe been easy avoided with a few better signings to keep first 11 and squad more competitive.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

People were very vocal about wanting Scolari and in particular AVB sacked if I remember correctly. If we never won the CL and FA cup that year RDM came in, people would probably have called for his head too. I think people have seen now that the club has a big chunk of blame to take for not only how we’ve been this season but also in previous seasons gone by, like Jose’s last year, although he was always going to get sacked things were worse then than they have been this season imo but could habe been easy avoided with a few better signings to keep first 11 and squad more competitive.

People voiced their support at the Bridge for Scolari, AVB when they were under pressure? Really? Don't recall that. Only Mourinho and Conte has gotten more support than anyone else.