The Conte Thread

17 hours ago, zekinjo said:

"The Evening Standard reporter, Simon Johnson,  who was in Asia throughout Chelsea’s preseason tour, reports manager Antonio Conte is dejected, demoralized and frustrated after a tough preseason without major summer arrivals."

Bad, worse, (?)!

If true Conte will turn everything into anger and will to win as he has always done.

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm starting to worry now, really worry. We are now hearing the words "Tired" We are now selling like no tomorrow, players are leaving at a serious rate of speed right now and we have only brought in Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger.

It seems, and I say seems because I can only use what I read as a yard stick, that nigh on every player we go for/ are linked to immediately becomes not available or sold elsewhere. Are the board penny pinching with all these sales and thinking towards the new stadium rather than squad investment? That's what I think, I think as it stands right now this squad looks horrendous, not just that but so fucking weak.

Yes a month to go, but even less for the season to start. We could be one or two injuries/suspensions away from complete disaster here.

Agreed. This squad in its current shape will struggle to finish in top 4 and do anything meaningful in CL. I am also worried about the negative vibes coming out from our camp, according to reports Conte is getting increasingly frustrated and that is evident from his out-of-character outbursts, he isn't acting like the man from last season.

weird how things went down hill so quickly after that first friendly v. arsenal and the signing of Morata. At that point all seemed rosy and it looked like we would get a bunch of other transfers in but instead we signed no one and lost twice while playing like shit... This is worrying but I do think that the board, roman and for sure conte are aware of the dangerous situation the club is in right now and are working overtime behind the scenes to get some players in. 

I feel like every summer we are in a mad panic to sign players, jumping from one target to the next, to the next, all of which seem to be randomly targeted as we going along, rather than part of a plan put in place months before... Maybe a lot of prem clubs are like this to some extent but it seems our planning for each transfer period is very poor, especially compared to man city for example who it seems decided on their targets a long while ago and where ready to get them as soon as the transfer window opened.

Overall I'm obviously a bit down on the current situation but I still think that we will get a few players in before the deadline, hopefully top quality ones (Simon Johnson of the evening standard is reporting that we are close on 2-3 targets, for what it's worth) and also, importantly, if we win against arsenal to avoid the comparisons to start 2015-2016 season, everything will quickly turn around.

25 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm starting to worry now, really worry. We are now hearing the words "Tired" We are now selling like no tomorrow, players are leaving at a serious rate of speed right now and we have only brought in Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger.

It seems, and I say seems because I can only use what I read as a yard stick, that nigh on every player we go for/ are linked to immediately becomes not available or sold elsewhere. Are the board penny pinching with all these sales and thinking towards the new stadium rather than squad investment? That's what I think, I think as it stands right now this squad looks horrendous, not just that but so fucking weak.

Yes a month to go, but even less for the season to start. We could be one or two injuries/suspensions away from complete disaster here.

Like now, without eden,pedro,bokayoko...

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Agreed. This squad in its current shape will struggle to finish in top 4 and do anything meaningful in CL. I am also worried about the negative vibes coming out from our camp, according to reports Conte is getting increasingly frustrated and that is evident from his out-of-character outbursts, he isn't acting like the man from last season.

These outburts are actually the real Antonio Conte. In Serie A, Antonio Conte was prime Mourinho in his press conferences. Always taking shots at anybody that criticized his team or himself. 

It was only the language barrier that kept him from speaking freely, last season. 

Not saying he isn't dissapointed and angry at the current situation, but Conte was a badmon in Serie A. 

28 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

BBC 5 live Sport‏Verified account @5liveSport  3m3 minutes ago

'Chelsea lack strength in depth - they won't be as lucky with injuries next season'

That has been said every season for as long as i can remember. There's no luck in having a fantastic medical department.

I just hope that there is a solid plan that Conte and the board has for world domination (long term) and it is being carried out in the backend, I seriously hope and pray it is ... because now that little bit of worry has started to kick in. 

I just hope that the current situation is not going in the direction of "Beginning of the end for Conte!!!" ... 

P.S. Been overacting? Yes!!! Maybe those are just the nerves not settling down!!! 

32 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I just hope that there is a solid plan that Conte and the board has for world domination (long term) and it is being carried out in the backend, I seriously hope and pray it is ... because now that little bit of worry has started to kick in. 

I just hope that the current situation is not going in the direction of "Beginning of the end for Conte!!!" ... 

P.S. Been overacting? Yes!!! Maybe those are just the nerves not settling down!!! 

World domination?? We all know who are the 3 best team sin the world and right now. In terms of quality they are quite a few level above us. Unless Roman turn into his old self there is no way we that is our goal.

We should just improve  our squad step by step

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

World domination?? We all know who are the 3 best team sin the world and right now. In terms of quality they are quite a few level above us. Unless Roman turn into his old self there is no way we that is our goal.

We should just improve  our squad step by step

Mate, you cant just pick up the literal meaning of everything :) ... I meant to be among the best and surely not wanting that to happen like tomorrow. 

Yes we all know who are the 3 best team in the world but everyone is replaceable ... for a team which was considered to a mid level team before the Roman era to now being in the top 10, if the strategy is correct then we could well be in the top 3 in the next 10 years ... who knows!!!  

32 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Mate, you cant just pick up the literal meaning of everything :) ... I meant to be among the best and surely not wanting that to happen like tomorrow. 

Yes we all know who are the 3 best team in the world but everyone is replaceable ... for a team which was considered to a mid level team before the Roman era to now being in the top 10, if the strategy is correct then we could well be in the top 3 in the next 10 years ... who knows!!!  

For me money talks, eventually if the money continues to be like this, team from epl will surpass the 3 teams unless epl teams keep making dumb signings. 

Furthermore, in epl we are competing against two richer teams. United / city will win epl in 1-4 years. Do you realize united could  spend crazy money on di maria flop, martial flop and still have the money to sign pogba and Lukaku for crazy money. The same with city, they let their whole fb go and spend 120 m to rebuild it. 

That is why we are trying to build a new stadium, the same with spurs, and travel to overseas to build brand in order to gain more revenue. 

2 hours ago, sir_volrath said:

Conte will be gone before december. And it's not even his fault.

Unfortunately I agree with this, a pattern will emerge again, a massive fall after a huge rise of winning the league.