The Conte Thread

4 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte wants Belotti

If this is the case then that's where the conflict comes in. The board must do everything to get the targets of the manager, not the other way around. If Lukaku is a board signing and Conte doesn't want him then Conte may as well go now.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If this is the case then that's where the conflict comes in. The board must do everything to get the targets of the manager, not the other way around. If Lukaku is a board signing and Conte doesn't want him then Conte may as well go now.

I've already placed my bets on him leaving. We are not after Belotti and look likely to miss out on Lukaku now. He isn't going to be cool with this. This is the exact same problem he encountered at Juventus so, he will leave. Hurts to say but I'm pretty sure it's inevitable now. 

Mourinho has the last laugh. 

14 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

I've already placed my bets on him leaving. We are not after Belotti and look likely to miss out on Lukaku now. He isn't going to be cool with this. This is the exact same problem he encountered at Juventus so, he will leave. Hurts to say but I'm pretty sure it's inevitable now. 

Mourinho has the last laugh. 

Don't be ridiculous...

29 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Manager's should never get COMPLETE control.

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Manager's should never get COMPLETE control.

Yes managers can make silly decisions when they have full control, but who in our board has better or similar level football knowledge and judgement than our managers. No one. We will always use the money worse than Bayern, Juve and other clubs with these people in charge.

Just now, 11Drogba said:

Yes managers can make silly decisions when they have full control, but who in our board has better or similar level football knowledge and judgement than our manager. No one. We will always use the money worse than Bayern, Juve and other clubs with these people in charge.

These same incompetent members that decided on the likes of Courtois, Hazard and De Bruyne for a combined £49m? Ironically it was giving a manager more power than he should have got that lost us the latter.

The only manager that definitely got total control was Fergie, and while his success on the pitch was unprecedented his flop:good signing ratio was well to high, especially in his later years.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

These same incompetent members that decided on the likes of Courtois, Hazard and De Bruyne for a combined £49m? Ironically it was giving a manager more power than he should have got that lost us the latter.

You sound like Ty. In football you have to perform every year.

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

You sound like Ty. In football you have to perform every year.

That's funny because in my group of CFC supporting friends i'm often called up for being too negative and not even they are particularly positive, so if i'm sounding like Ty here that says more about the current state of this place than it does me.

I will criticise when i see fit. However i have on and off helped run my local team for years (which has often included helping negotiate transfers and helping identify parts of the team that need upgrading) and i just find these simplistic notions difficult to accept.